Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hair style: long on one side, short on the other...

Length
    1.5/33/46+
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Lightbulb Hair style: long on one side, short on the other...

I've been considering getting my hair cut like this--keep it long on the right side, with my side swept bangs going that way, and get it cut short and choppy (almost like a pixie) on part of the left side (maybe the 1/4 closest to my face). I'm having a hard time finding photos of this, as I'm sure its not the most common style LOL!
    I really like the look of Anya on Project Runway's hair, which is what gave me the idea. However, I couldn't pull off her exact style, as I need bangs for my high forehead, and my head is shaped different than hers so I don't think I'd look good with the side of my head actually shaved.
    However, I have had pixie cuts for many years, so I know what I look like in short hair and do like it. I feel like this would be a really flattering style on me; I'd still have the length to play around with and balance my height (I'm 6' tall!!), but I'd also have the face-framing-ness (a new word LOL?) of the short choppy layers. Plus, I usually end up tucking the left side of my hair behind my ear anyways, becasue I am a huge fan of big earrings, but when my hair falls straight down it covers them =(.
    What do you all think? Anyone have any photos of something like this? Since its so particular, I'd like to have at least a couple photos to bring to my stylist. =) I'll probably draw a sketch, too, but its hard to envision exactly how the hair will fall, you know?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    pixie/5'/28

Default Re: Hair style: long on one side, short on the other...

that hair cut is fun at first but if you wanna keep it for awhile, cause its a bitch to grow out and u will most likely have to cut the long side to even out with the short side

Length
    16.5/30/40+!
    Type
    2a/F/iii

There's someone who comes regularly into my work with her hair cut like that. I'm glad you posted about it, because I wanted to say that I thought it was a really interesting way to do your hair. It's like a pixie on one side, and long on the other. The best of both worlds, I guess? The girl I've seen it on has damaged curly/wavy hair, and it's usually styled with gel and to make it look all textured, and it totally works on her. I've been wondering who came up with it, so thanks for helping solve that mystery for me!

Yay for blonette!

Length
    1.5/33/46+
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Yeah, I'd probably keep it for awhile if I do it, so that shouldn't be an issue. And as for growing it out, I'd probably just let it catch up with my longer side.
    I just wish I could find some good photos of people with this haircut!! =P

Length
    ?/35/40
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Length
    1.5/33/46+
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Ooo you found some good ones! Thanks =)

Length
    ?/35/40
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

you're welcome! Keep us updated!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I just learned that I really like symmetry. Good luck finding the right cut for you!

Length
    1.5/33/46+
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    I just learned that I really like symmetry. Good luck finding the right cut for you!
    haha! Yeah, its not for everyone, that's for sure! I do tend to gravitate toward the stranger styles =)
    I will definitly keep you guys updated and post some pictures if/when I get it done!

Length
    27/42/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I definitely prefer more symetrical looks as well. I mean, I like sideparts and whatnot, but those pictures are not to my taste.

But hey, if it's what you like and it would make you happy, I say go for it. We're human beings not cookie-cutter shapes and difference is the spice of life.

~Blaze
    Lady Blaze Sweetsong of the Swift Arrow and the Law Scroll, Priestess of the Divine Flame in the Order of Long-Haired Knights, with her service dog Sir Foofus