Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SOs + LHC experiments

Type
    3b/3c/F/M/ii/iii

Default SOs + LHC experiments

Does your SO let you try LHC stuff on their hair?
    Share stories!

Yesterday I prepared a brown sugar scrub for my DBF to use it on his scalp, since he was having product buildup. Afterwards, he was all "Ooooh, ahhh, it feels so fresh!" It was very cute
    Overall he's very supportive of my hair/LHC obsession, he even begged me to make him an album xD

The Pusuit Of Hippieness Natalia's Avatar
    Length
    L-BSL/CLSC/Mid-T
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: SO's + LHC experiments

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleAshes View Post
    Does your SO let you try LHC stuff on their hair?
    Share stories!

Yesterday I prepared a brown sugar scrub for my DBF to use it on his scalp, since he was having product buildup. Afterwards, he was all "Ooooh, ahhh, it feels so fresh!" It was very cute
    Overall he's very supportive of my hair/LHC obsession, he even begged me to make him an album xD
    Awww! Thats so sweet . I have no SO to speak of right now .... But im trying to get my family into it! My aunt just asked for the recipe for kimberlily's she used while she was here . And ive got my mom to do a few deep oilings. My sister is kind of a lost cause lol. She insists she has no time to experiment. Well if she had healthier hair she would spend less time blowfrying and spraying it to death. To her credit though while not healthy her hair always looks incredible....im jelous . Cant get any of my friends to try either. Though since its summer i might have gottem my curly friend into using aloe to define her curs before goingto the beach! Now if only i could get her to use some coconut oil....

Type
    3b/3c/F/M/ii/iii

Familiy? That's great that you can at least try - mine would think I'm going nuts with the things I try xD
    They already think it's crazy enough not going to the salon to get my hair blowfried every week.

Length
    Pixie/TB/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

My partner has gorgeous APL hair and he's really receptive to any LHC advice I have. He's always had some scalp issues, but since he tried diluted shampoo, vinegar rinses, and occasional scalp oilings they've cleared up nicely.

He also uses hair sticks on special occasions (NightBlooming on Etsy custom made some beautiful, "manly" sticks for him) and he's contemplating henna'ing his beard.

Length
    BSL/Waist/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

My boyfriend buzzes his hair off pretty regularly. He won't even keep it an inch long. Something about buzzed length hair bothers me, since it's not bald, but it's not long enough to look like.. hair.

He has asked me to bleach and dye his hair for him before when he had it an inch or two long.

Oh, but I have applied catnip to my mom's hair to help with some scalp issues. I might cassia her greys if she wants, since I'll be ordering some for conditioning properties.

Length
    13/hip/?
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

No. He'll use stuff in the shower that he recognizes as shampoo and conditioner when he visits if he forgot his. But that's about the extent of it. He wouldn't know what to do with my bottle of diluted Queen Helene Mint Julep shampoo.

However, I got him into Frizz-ease before I went no-cone, and he'll be using that stuff for life.
    Last edited by may1em; July 4th, 2009 at 10:53 PM. Reason: clarity
    makeup blog fitness blog
    Lady Sefkhet-Abwy, Tomekeeper in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    shldr/class/dunno
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

My boyfriend generally resists, but if there's something new in the shower that he (like the above!) recognizes as shampoo or conditioner or I've told him about it and how to use it, he will. I think he tried my shampoo bars (didn't like them, but didn't do a vinegar rinse) and he tried my Jason Tea Tree 'poo I got on a whim the last time he washed his hair. He will also periodically use my oils to slick his hair back into a ponytail.

Too bad he won't trust me that ripping the brush through his hair from the roots to the ends in one fell swoop is why his hair has so much breakage.
    Lady Nêssa of the Fair-Feathered Flight in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

The Pusuit Of Hippieness Natalia's Avatar
    Length
    L-BSL/CLSC/Mid-T
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleAshes View Post
    Familiy? That's great that you can at least try - mine would think I'm going nuts with the things I try xD
    They already think it's crazy enough not going to the salon to get my hair blowfried every week.
    Hehehe yeah i try to keep it tame though. When my indian herbs arrived my mom asked if it was herbal scouring powder or something . My family has thought i am nuts for years the heair experiments are just icing. When i tell people im not chem dyeing myhair but not keeping it its natural color they get the most puzzeled looks . Yeah COing is weird enough for them forget walking around with an SMT on my head. After that they just shake their head and go into another room while i mix or use my concoctions. Like today, my mom saw me rubbing emu oil on my scalp last night for a massage (it had EO's in it too) and she was like you just showered why are you making yourself greasy again? You just complained about it a fee days ago! This morning i slept in so she knew i didnt shower but when i combed my hair it wasnt greasy . Hahaha that was priceless watcher her face trying to figure it out . Non hair folk amuse me

has left the building
    Length
    short/22/waist

Yes, he does. But he's still going to cut it

Accutane did not play nice with his hair (I love it anyway) so he wants to cut it, treat it from the beginning, then grow it long.
    [SIGP

Length
    shldr/waist/hip
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Mine loves CV Citrus Chamomile poo bars. He's a benign neglect kinda guy and even though he's not growing his hair he doesn't wash every day. I'd like to see him grow longer if he wanted to, but his boss tells him to cut his hair.

He's supportive of my experiments and is my henna applier. He also is very helpful when I'm trying to decide what to do with my hair.