Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Do your eyebrows match your hair?

Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Do your eyebrows match your hair?

Just curious how many feel the need to pencil in eyebrows to get them to match their hair color?

^^ my natural brows. I always feel like they're very translucent.

My eyebrows are super light because my hair is pretty light, I typically pencil them in with a light brown pencil just to add more definition, otherwise my face feels washed out (edit: much like in my avatar pic!). For whatever reason, I love bold eyebrows. Or, as I've noticed... I love everything I don't have. lol

Random note, since I've joined LHC I have been paying more attention to all of my hair. I recently went for a thin arched eyebrow as opposed to my usually pretty natural, thick brows. I think I felt like if I couldn't play with my hair as much, I'd give my eyebrows a shot.
    Last edited by mzBANGBANG; March 4th, 2012 at 01:04 PM. Reason: avatar pic note

Length
    Apl/Bsl+/Waist
    Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Do your eyebrows match your hair?

At one point I dyed my hair red for a while. One of the reasons I stopped doing that is because my eyebrows are really dark and one of my pet peeves is seeing people with really light hair and dark eyebrows. It just looks a little unatrual to me. Whenever I tried to get my eyebrows to match they were so dark that the color would never take.
    SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WAIST-HIP
    **Almost there!!!**

Length
    SL/TBL/Class
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

My eyebrows are platinum blonde, way lighter than my natural hair color. I should probably pencil them in more often, but I rarely wear makeup.

When I do wear makeup, I pencil them in to my hair color.
    May 2017
    Lady Rhoslynn Of Two Wheeled Thunder~Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

My eyebrows are a little lighter than my hair. I used to darken them but now I don't... I really prefer the softer look I have with slightly lighter brows.
    Routine for my dyed mid back length hair: shampoo and condition twice a week, with Alterna Kendi Dry Oil Spray all over and shea butter on ends and lightly on length as leave-ins on wet hair, and blow dried with a Sedu on low heat

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

My eyebrows are a bit darker then my hair, and I don't really mind.
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    18/28/32
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I naturally hair really dark hair however my eyebrows are quite pale in comparison. I always pencil mine in. I also like the retro look of bold eye brows and red lipstick so I think that also influences my pencilling!!

Type
    1c/F/ii

That's the funny part about me penciling mine in... I started a "blonde demarcation" thread a week or so ago complaining about the different tones in my hair... my hair is SO light at the ends but pretty dark at the roots... I'm not sure how my eyebrows should even look! I'm pretty sure the color pencil I use is golden enough to not make me look bottle blond but then again maybe I'm not the best at judging myself!

Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SakuraGirl View Post
    I naturally hair really dark hair however my eyebrows are quite pale in comparison. I always pencil mine in. I also like the retro look of bold eye brows and red lipstick so I think that also influences my pencilling!!
    aha, yes the retro look. Glad I'm not the only one! I often do the white eyeshadow, golden/smokey look... bold eyebrows and red lipstick. Feels like me.

of the fairy folk sugarpixie10988's Avatar
    Length
    chin/Waist/clsc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I have darkish blonde hair and my eyebrows are dark brown. Doesn't bother me, I kind of like it.

1b/F/ii

Length
    20/25/30
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

My eyebrows are very faint, but about the color of my hair. To be honest, I forget about them and have never attempted to pencil them in or anything, even when I wear more make-up.
    20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28 = WAIST <3