Page 54 of 1268 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556641041545541054 ... LastLast

Thread: WEO: The "wear all of my toys once" challenge

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: The "wear all of my toys once" challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia1013 View Post
    Those are gorgeous! You know looking at all your previous posts on here you've really inspired me to get some pairs of hair sticks.. I have many singles, but not really pairs, and now I realize I'm missing out!!
    Thank you! Always glad to inspire (or enable ). I found out early on that I prefer pairs, though I do occasionally buy singles.

Length
    ????/35.5/40
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Laurenji View Post
    You have to have been here more than 48 hours, I think...so check back in a day or two! Way to get 42 posts before you've even been here a day. It took me a week or two. I guess I'm just more of a lurker than a commenter.

apparently it took me over 2 years :-), oh wait, just looked, it took me 4.
    'And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair' Khalil Gibran.
    ⌣⌢ (ˆ◡ˆ) ⌢⌣

Call me a noob..every time I see this thread I always think (skiming and reading too fast) the name of the thread is something about wear all your hair toys at once...(or is that another thread...)

Anyway thinking that was the title I found this picture of me when I was younger.

Messy I know, I was having fun with my siblings.

Quote Originally Posted by UncommonTart View Post
    Well, I've been extraordinarily busy these past few days and haven't had much time for the computer, but here are three days worth.

Saturday, my NightBlooming Hair Brooch of Lady Amalthea the Last Unicorn:

Sunday, for work, a silver and green extra large Flexi-8 in a looped twist. When I bought my first Flexis I got a few different sizes for holding different styles. They all worked for me except the two XL's, and I was very disappointed by that until I figured this style out.

Today I am wearing a pair of two-pronged things- I don't really know what to call them- from Claire's. They're made of plastic, but they look very much like horn. They're among a very small collection of hair toys (mostly sticks) that I bought while I was in high school and still have. I wear them infrequently since they're not really sufficient to hold my hair up any more. There are three pins in there, and the butterflies are almost entirely deocrative. Still, I'm rather fond of them.

Wow! I love the bun you have in the 2nd pic with the flexi 8....beautiful.
    Also I am curious can the hair brooch hold a bun ? Do the brooches work like a flexi 8? I cannot for the life of me use a stick for a bun unless I pin the bun and use the stick for decoration. But I can use a flexi 8 (most of the time) for a bun.

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

This is cheating a bit, because the first picture is how I wore my hair yesterday, but I didn't get a picture then. It's just a cinnamon bun with a dymondwood stick in a colorway I think called forest? And I think it was from Graydog, but I got it so long ago I don't recall.

This second style is how I wore my hair today, pulled back with a barrette I got in Arizona, at an American Indian museum (the name is slipping my mind right now).

I'm amazed my hair looks as good as it does, because I overconditioned it and it feels really greasy and limp.
    Last edited by sneakybea; May 19th, 2009 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity
    Lady Philyra of the Blessed Parchment in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Proud member of the Renegray gang!

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Day 57: Night Blooming Lycanthropes Curse Hair Sticks in a figure 8. I think it is fitting that on my last day of the challenge (yes, I'm finished) I am wearing the first pair of "fancy" sticks I ever bought. They are also my favorites. Of course, my hair chose today to be hard to deal with... So, pardon any messiness.

AJoifulNoise, your sticks are so pretty! Thanks for sharing your style and toys! Your hair is amazing!

Length
    --/tb/--
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

I am frightened by plainjanegirl's bun. It looks bigger than my head.

Ficcare orange lotus:

wg
    To contact me, use email. (Only PM if you'd rather not receive a reply in a timely fashion.)

Quote Originally Posted by wendyg View Post
    I am frightened by plainjanegirl's bun. It looks bigger than my head. wg
    Yes, but isn't her hair (and styles) marvelous!?!

Length
    ?/55"/44"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by plainjanegirl View Post
    Wow! I love the bun you have in the 2nd pic with the flexi 8....beautiful.
    Also I am curious can the hair brooch hold a bun ? Do the brooches work like a flexi 8? I cannot for the life of me use a stick for a bun unless I pin the bun and use the stick for decoration. But I can use a flexi 8 (most of the time) for a bun.

I do not think that that one will hold a bun, as it's only about two and half inches in diameter, but I'm pretty sure that at some point I'm going to order one of her larger ones, maybe even as a custom order, since I'm sure that a large enough one would hold a bun, and my extra large Flexi-8's will not. The brooch is slightly flexible, so I imagine that a larger one would work very much like a Flexi-8. Actually, it's probably more than just slightly flexible, but I'm gentle with it so I'm not sure how flexible it really is.

Today (day six for me) I'm wearing a twisted ponytail held with a large Flexi-8. I find this more convienient than a regular ponytail, since the ends aren't as able to get into everything.This is also how the style in my previous post, the one with the green XL Flexi-8, starts out.