Page 31 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: LOTR-lovers!

Everything is chemicals! Bagginslover's Avatar
    Length
    26.5/35.5/50
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Default Re: LOTR-lovers!

That looks fab!! Love Orcrist in the background too, bit envious you have that

BSL-Waist-Hip-BCL-TBL-Classic
    Layers cut back in, oops!!!!

Length
    APL?/TBL/100cm
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Love the Smaug tattoo! And the hair is definitely dwarven. I'm sure the dwarves wear their hair in 5-strand crown braids when the're not out and about on adventures.

Hip ---- BCL -- TBL -- 100 cm of hair!
    Growing my virgin roots since the end of 2011. Maintaining at TBL+ in 2015!

Adding that etsy shop to my favourites. Thanks for showing us those brilliant beads!

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bagginslover View Post
    That looks fab!! Love Orcrist in the background too, bit envious you have that
    Thank you! Orcrist is certainly a show-stopper. I love it! It's the first Tolkien sword I've gotten, and not the last. I'm sure my DH is ruing the day he suggested we go to the warehouse sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelan View Post
    Love the Smaug tattoo! And the hair is definitely dwarven. I'm sure the dwarves wear their hair in 5-strand crown braids when the're not out and about on adventures.
    OMG! Thank you! All I could do when I finished reading your comment was picture Thorin's lion's mane of hair braided up in a crown braid! Serious LOL moment!

Quote Originally Posted by humble_knight View Post
    Adding that etsy shop to my favourites. Thanks for showing us those brilliant beads!
    You're very welcome! I aim to enable, especially when it comes to anything LOTR/Hobbit related!

The Quiet One
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Ahhh... nice hair beads and am loving Orcrist and the Thorin statue. Very cool job on the braiding, too!

I love your little Smaug...and your hair...Etsy is going to be my ruin. I might get the Sword of Thranduil if and when it will be available.
    Here is my Lotr-inspired tattoo:
    Elen síla lúmenn ´Omentielvo
    sl***APL***bsl***wl***hip

Everything is chemicals! Bagginslover's Avatar
    Length
    26.5/35.5/50
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Having just seen more stills of Tauriel, I'm thinking I might now need to cospaly her too, even though I'm not so keen on her incusion in TH, she is pretty awesome looking!

BSL-Waist-Hip-BCL-TBL-Classic
    Layers cut back in, oops!!!!

Feminist warrior-druidess SwordWomanRiona's Avatar
    Celtiberian pseudo-Rivendell fort overlooking the sunset
    Length
    Trim/Calf-/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kaya View Post
    Slight thread derailment ahead...

My newest tattoo!

Back to the actual thread subject, here's a very rough take on Fili's hair style, complete with beads. I did this the same day I took my hair down from being up in a 5-strand crown braid for 6 days. Hence the crazy waves and volume. I thought it was a very fitting hair look for a dwarven style, lots of volume and sorta greasy. My hair isn't normally this wild-looking. (Not to mention I only had enough beads to do one side of my head! I ordered more afterwards. )

The beads can be found here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Dwarvendom

They are super easy to use and have a very nice weight to them, and the shop owner is quite pleasant. She sent me a free bead with my last purchase. The only thing that might be concerning is that the beads sometimes have to be pushed opposite of the hair shaft, though I'm sure through enough practice, one can hone their skills to avoid this. Either way, they work amazingly well, and I'm sure the shop owner would love some LHC business!
    I love the style, and the beads look gorgeous! I've been wanting to have Dwarven beads for a long time, too bad the shop only ships to the US . I've found some dreadlock beads in another shop that could work too, though.
    And I love Orcrist, so jealous!! I saw it irl a couple of days ago in an armoury shop, and it's beyond beautiful!!
    I love the tatoo, too!

I don't know if any of you sub to fb pages about LOTR/TH but this showed up in my feed today and tickled my ribs a little

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
    I love your little Smaug...and your hair...Etsy is going to be my ruin. I might get the Sword of Thranduil if and when it will be available.
    Here is my Lotr-inspired tattoo:
    Ooo! Very nice! I especially love the leaf work designs. May I ask what the elegant elvish script says?

Quote Originally Posted by SwordWomanRiona View Post
    I love the style, and the beads look gorgeous! I've been wanting to have Dwarven beads for a long time, too bad the shop only ships to the US . I've found some dreadlock beads in another shop that could work too, though.
    And I love Orcrist, so jealous!! I saw it irl a couple of days ago in an armoury shop, and it's beyond beautiful!!
    I love the tatoo, too!
    Thank you! I love my Orcrist. It's the first Tolkien sword I ever bought, and not the last. (I have Fili's sword on pre-order and will probably pre-order Kili's sword as well. It only makes sense to have the whole Durin family weaponry line!) It caused quite the spectacle in the store when they brought it out, since they didn't have it on display and neither of the sales guys who helped us had ever seen it unboxed. It was an awesome moment to say the least!

Quote Originally Posted by humble_knight View Post
    I don't know if any of you sub to fb pages about LOTR/TH but this showed up in my feed today and tickled my ribs a little

That's great! I love it!