Thread: The Water-Mostly/Hybrid WO Washing Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    Pixie/Hip/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: The Water-Mostly/Hybrid WO Washing Thread

I did another wash today with diluted shampoo. I'm wondering if it stripped oil this time cause it didn't last time. But it feels "cleaner" or less sebumy this time. I used a bit of leave in conditioner on the ends that seems to really help the dryness. I will be trying ACV for this, too.
    I'm leaving in about ten days to visit family and I'm not going to worry about shampoo because I know I can use WO for the couple weeks I'm away. That is so freeing, lol. I know at least one person I'm staying with has well water so I'm really curious how that will work. If it's a big mess I'm sure they will have a half teaspoon of shampoo they can spare. And I will be able to ask my aunt how she cared for her hair when she was growing up. I know I'm a weirdo, lol.
    While we were yet sinners Christ died for us. ~~~ 30" 01/01/18~~~34" 01/01/2019~~~37" 01/01/2020

Length
    Pixie/Hip/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: The Water-Mostly/Hybrid WO Washing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by vpatt View Post
    I did another wash today with diluted shampoo. I'm wondering if it stripped oil this time cause it didn't last time. But it feels "cleaner" or less sebumy this time. I used a bit of leave in conditioner on the ends that seems to really help the dryness. I will be trying ACV for this, too.
    I'm leaving in about ten days to visit family and I'm not going to worry about shampoo because I know I can use WO for the couple weeks I'm away. That is so freeing, lol. I know at least one person I'm staying with has well water so I'm really curious how that will work. If it's a big mess I'm sure they will have a half teaspoon of shampoo they can spare. And I will be able to ask my aunt how she cared for her hair when she was growing up. I know I'm a weirdo, lol.
    The next day:
    Well, my hair feels softer, cleaner, less scalp smell and I can comb through it easier. But....it seems a bit limp or lank and I wonder if it is going to get oily. Odd, because I diluted so much that in the bottle I only got a few suds and I didn't see any suds on my scalp. So I will see how long I can go without washing.

Friday:
    So it seemed ok until I took my braid out and brushed it. It got oily quickly. But I braided it again and I'll just see how I feel in the morning. If it is more oily than I can stand before my knit and spin meeting then I may wash it. But I hope to braid it a few more days. How can my scalp just suddenly spurt oil while I am brushing it? So the first diluted shampoo did not do this so maybe I will try that once a month and see how it goes. I like the conditioner because it keeps the ends nicer. Every time I use oil it is hard to rinse out with water only...maybe I can add a couple drops to my conditioner.
    Last edited by vpatt; June 30th, 2017 at 04:56 PM.
    While we were yet sinners Christ died for us. ~~~ 30" 01/01/18~~~34" 01/01/2019~~~37" 01/01/2020