Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do i get this hair?

Length
    ??/29.5"/50 "
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii/iii

Default how do i get this hair?

hey everyone, just a quick question, how do i get the hair of John Tardy of obituary a friend of mine said he has fairy-tale ends, how do i get these? and how long will it take for my hair to grow waist length?

oh and changed my shampoo to a tea tree shampoo and got a lot my curls back, why is that? my hair:

Length
    Chin/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Default Re: how do i get this hair?

I feel like when I was little, my mom used to do something very similar to this with my hair. She used to put it in little braids before Easter. It would take forever. And I would sleep in it, and then she would take it out. And it would look crimped. That's probably the best no- heat method. They do sell three barrel crimpers that will help you achieve the same look (I have one, it worked well, but its not the best for your hair).

But yea - no heat method, slightly damp hair, and lots of little braids all over your head, sleep in it. Voila, crimped hair. Does anyone agree with that? At least from what I can remember about 15+ years ago.

The Naughty Mess says.... Seeshami's Avatar
    Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Any kind of braid, unless it's rope, with give the crimpy braid waves. A rope braid because it's twisting will give you braid curls.

Length
    Ear/BSL/Term
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

For the texture, I agree with above posters. Wash your hair at night and make many small braids while it is still damp. Make sure you separate sections evenly so that all the kinks are the same size. Sleep in it over night and take the braids out in the morning. Comb through with a wide-tooth comb and you should have a very similar texture to that in the picture.

Fairy-tale ends happen on their own, just don't trim your hair. Some people's hair actually grows out blunt but that's pretty rare.

ETA: Looking at the picture, depending on the thickness of your hair, I would make 3-5 inch square sections to get that kink pattern, smaller sections if your hair is thicker and larger if it's thinner. Also make sure you start the braids from the scalp so you get the volume up top.

ETA2: Hair grows at different rates from person to person, the average is 1/2'' a month. As far as the shampoo, some ingredient other than the tea tree is helping your curls. It might be that the detergent is less harsh or maybe your other shampoo had silicones/protien in it. If you condition your hair more than you shampoo it you will probably get more curl and less frizz, also.
    Last edited by holothuroidea; April 13th, 2012 at 10:43 AM.

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

How to get fairy tale ends? It happens to some people and doesn't happen to others. It's basically when your ends are thinner than the rest of your hair, and/or taper to a point.

I have no idea how long your hair is now, so I can't make assumptions a boy how long it will take you to get to waist length. It's different for everyone. Hair does grow about 6in on average a year, however.
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I used to braid wave my hair damp hair and braid let it set that way over night. How long it takes to grow to waste is different for everyone.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

That looks like stretched curly hair, or braid waves. If your hair doesn't do it naturally, it'll probably do it if you put it in two french braids while it's damp and let it dry that way.

As for the tapered ends, simply don't cut your hair off blunt. Trim away individual split ends instead with hair shears (aka Search and Destroy, S&D) and let your hair grow. How long it'll take to get to waist depends largely on how fast your hair grows and how long it is now, and where waist is. If your hair's currently at 29.5", I'll bet you'll be at waist within a year or so.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    16 in/16 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/F/i

Hi and welcome to LHC.
    High Priestess Milkthystle of Glowing Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    shrug/33/45
    Type
    3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Seeshami View Post
    Any kind of braid, unless it's rope, with give the crimpy braid waves. A rope braid because it's twisting will give you braid curls.
    Really? That's awesome. I suddenly have the motivation I need to practice rope braiding!

Length
    3/28/30+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

To get fairy tale ends: only do S&D on your hair, do not make whole trims to the hemline.
    Up in a bun, away from baby fists!!!