Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have stalled at APL.. For a year now.

Length
    Chin/APL?/Ftip
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/i/ii

Default I have stalled at APL.. For a year now.

Could I be at terminal... I don't think so Mostly because I have had my hair longer then this before I just don't get it.

I eat well take a multivitamin.

I wear my hair up as much as I can stand.. 90 % of the time. I have to take it down when I get home at that point is giving me a headache.

I have tried wearing my hair up when I sleep. I just cant do it I wake up with a Migrane no matter how I wear it while sleeping.. Also I have had a hard time with a satin pillowcase I don't know why but I cant get comfy on one.

I trimed once in the last 7 months and that was just about half an inch.

I dont know what to think.... any one have any ideas whats going on

Hoping to reach BSL By January 2012

Length
    22/33/36
    Type
    2c/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: I have stalled at APL.. For a year now.

Have you been heat styling it?

You might need a trim to get any further.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle
    apl-bsl-waist-hip

Length
    Chin/APL?/Ftip
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/i/ii

I only use a blow dryer on my bangs, I flat iorn once or twice a year.

I was thinking a trim as well, I am at 19.5 so was thinking to cut back to 19 and just let it be.. maybe try loose braids or something just not sure.

Length
    15/28/33
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

I would maybe give the satin pillowcase another try - that worked wonders for me. Or maybe have you tried one of these satin sleepcaps?

Length
    chin/33/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Are you growing out bleach damage? I ask because of the difference in your signature pictures. I've been stalled/maintaing at BSL for a while now and it's because I'm cutting off some really bad ends. I know you say you're not trimming, but even when I wasn't trimming I wasn't growing, or just growing super slow. Now, that I've made myself trim a bit more, I'm seeing some more progress. I realize there's no correlation between damage and growth, but trimming helps.

Other than that, are you using a cheap comb brush? I didn't think my plastic cheap comb was causing me any troubles and now I'm not so sure. I'm looking at replacing it with something gentler.

Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Do you mean stretched or curly? My hair gets curlier as it grows longer, so it doesn't appear to have grown at all, I'll be at shoulder for a long time.

Maybe you shouldn't do such tight updos, since they seem to pull and hurt, might be stressing the follicule.

Account Closed by Member Request

How tight are you tying up your hair? What are you using to tie your hair up with? I used to get massive headaches when I tied my hair up too tight. Now I do gentle up-dos and don't get any headaches.

Length
    Chin/APL?/Ftip
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/i/ii

I am growing out some old bleach and color! so yea there is alot of damage. But haven't been trimming

As for the brush, I got a nice wood comb and a BBB last year and have been trying to baby it.

Going to look into a sleep cap as well.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I would guess that your curls are preventing you from seeing a lot of progress; they certainly eat up the length. On the other hand, it seems I remember you talking about bleaching, and that can stall your hair, too. Mine can't take it, and that's for sure.

I just saw that you aren't trimming, but your ends might be breaking off, so teeny trims on a regular basis may help.

Good luck!

Length
    Chin/APL?/Ftip
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lianna View Post
    Do you mean stretched or curly? My hair gets curlier as it grows longer, so it doesn't appear to have grown at all, I'll be at shoulder for a long time.

Maybe you shouldn't do such tight updos, since they seem to pull and hurt, might be stressing the follicule.
    Streached LOL

But yea I am working on learning to do my updos looser.. a real challenge for me my braids always seem to come out to tight, no matter how hard I try :/

anything that requires a band (scrunchi included) Hurts. So i try to avoid anything that makes me put a band near the scalp, which is why braids work so well, they just feel heavy after a while. and MY hair is not even that thick!!