Page 33 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Seborrheic Dermatitis Support

Default Re: Seborrheic Dermatitis Support

I did well with Ducray Shampoos Kelual DS and Elution. Did a 6 week treatment and should say my scalp is feeling good. I wash every 2nd day.
    Just noticed I seem to have trouble with my Aubrey Organics Calaguala fern Shampoo, scalp itches after using it. I'm back to regular (non natural) Shampoo now to see if it's better for me.
    Before using all the natural and organic shampoos I never had problems with my scalp.

Length
    APL/BSL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by evalina View Post
    I did well with Ducray Shampoos Kelual DS and Elution. Did a 6 week treatment and should say my scalp is feeling good. I wash every 2nd day.
    Just noticed I seem to have trouble with my Aubrey Organics Calaguala fern Shampoo, scalp itches after using it. I'm back to regular (non natural) Shampoo now to see if it's better for me.
    Before using all the natural and organic shampoos I never had problems with my scalp.

The same thing happened to me! When I discovered this forum several years ago, I did the usual stuff: co, stretching washes and sulfate free. I just couldn't stand the itchies anymore!
    I though I had a dry skin and that I needed to leave my skin alone... I also have rosacea and with my face I have to be very gentle.

Two years ago I moved to Belgium from Canada. The very high humidity here and the VERY hard water has been pretty bad for my scalp. And now I realize that I probably have SD. It's apparently a common misconception with people with it to think that the itching is caused by a dry scalp. It's not, it's a rash and in my case my scalp produces a lot of oil no matter how long I strech or how gentle the shampoo.

I find that with me using a shampoo that really cleans and rinses clean (like the lush shampoo bars) helps. I unfortunately can't go much more that 36 to 48 hours without washing. Now a flare came with the season change and I bought Ducray P.S.O. we will see how it goes.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenputtel View Post
    Two years ago I moved to Belgium from Canada. The very high humidity here and the VERY hard water has been pretty bad for my scalp. And now I realize that I probably have SD. It's apparently a common misconception with people with it to think that the itching is caused by a dry scalp. It's not, it's a rash and in my case my scalp produces a lot of oil no matter how long I strech or how gentle the shampoo.

I find that with me using a shampoo that really cleans and rinses clean (like the lush shampoo bars) helps. I unfortunately can't go much more that 36 to 48 hours without washing. Now a flare came with the season change and I bought Ducray P.S.O. we will see how it goes.
    Oh yes, we do have some hard water here (Belgian girl here, heeey). Nizoral is still my savior, after all these years (and I've tried a lot). The higher percentage of the bottle (is that 2%) is the only version you can get here from pharmacies, and it's OTC.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    APL/BSL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Oh yes, we do have some hard water here (Belgian girl here, heeey). Nizoral is still my savior, after all these years (and I've tried a lot). The higher percentage of the bottle (is that 2%) is the only version you can get here from pharmacies, and it's OTC.
    Thank you for your recommendation. I will definitely try it after I'm done with the ducray as a bi-weekly maintenance treatment.

So far after three washes with the ducray the itchiness is almost gone.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenputtel View Post
    Thank you for your recommendation. I will definitely try it after I'm done with the ducray as a bi-weekly maintenance treatment.

So far after three washes with the ducray the itchiness is almost gone.
    The itchiness is always the first thing to go (for me) with the Nizoral - it's almost instantaneous. The scaling, not so much, but the itchies, yes definitely!

Length
    ~Calf/Pixie/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

The itchiness is always the first thing to go (for me) with the Nizoral - it's almost instantaneous. The scaling, not so much, but the itchies, yes definitely!
    Me too. The itching goes within 1-2 washes, the scales (as I said before) get worse for a while (as they scale off and become more visible) and then slowly go away over the next 4-6 washes.
    Last edited by Panth; April 19th, 2015 at 04:02 AM.
    ~ Need to figure out your hairtype? Check out the LHC's Visual Hairtyping Guide and learn how to measure your ponytail accurately ~

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Panth View Post
    Me too. The itching goes within 1-2 washes, the scales (as I said before) get worse for a while (as they scale off and become more visible) and then slowly go away over the next 4-6 washes.
    Yep, that's exactly what happens here. I'd estimate that for the scaling as well. It's a good product, but I only say that because it works for me. And believe me, I've tried a lot during my 40-odd years.

Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Finally found the oil that works best with my scales. I had a few scaly/itchy/bloody patches that just kept getting worse. I've had good success with olive oil in the past but I'm having a bad outbreak since I've been sick for three weeks now. I keep castor oil in a bottle with an eye-dropper for my occasional face wash (oil cleansing) and out of desperation I reached for it. I thought for sure I would end up regretting it since castor oil is so... gunky feeling and since I don't use shampoo, it would leave my hair gunky. But nope! In the morning, the patch in my part was pale and no scales were showing. The patch on the right side near my hairline was better, but still showed some scabbing. The two patches in front of my ears are healing a little more slowly, but definitely healing! None of them itch either. The bonus is my hair isn't oily in those areas either.

I guess I shouldn't be posting here, since it's probably psoriasis instead of SD. Even though they're similar in many ways, this is really an SD board.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Melika View Post
    I guess I shouldn't be posting here, since it's probably psoriasis instead of SD. Even though they're similar in many ways, this is really an SD board.
    We all "get" the scaling, though.

Length
    BSL/Hip/?
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

We all "get" the scaling, though.
    Then can I join? I've got eczema.
    Kay , BSL > MBL > Waist > Hip