Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arnica to reduce hairloss ?

Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Arnica to reduce hairloss ?

Has anyone tried Arnica to treat hairloss?

I came across a few threads on Homeopathy forums which suggest Arnica for hairloss. http://abchomeopathy.com/forum2.php/49406/1

I was wondering if anyone at LHC has had any experience with Arnica (internally as well as emulsion with oil). I have come to trust the opinion of folks here more than anywhere else.

Length
    17"/WL/Hip
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Arnica to reduce hairloss ?

Well, I can't speak from experience using Arnica for hair loss, but I am studying homeopathy in school so perhaps I can be of some assistance here.

My understanding of homeopathy is that it doesn't just treat a particular disease or condition (i.e. Hair loss) but it treats the entire symptom picture of how one individual experiences that condition. So let's say one person experienced hair loss by suddenly losing big chunks of hair at a time, and another person had a gradual shedding that has thinned their hair over many years. Arnica taken homeopathically might work for one person's symptom set, but not the other's. They might need an entirely different remedy.

I haven't heard of using Arnica topically for hair loss... but homeopathic remedies aren't very expensive, so it probably wouldn't hurt to try it and see if it works for you. In my opinion, though, you'd probably be better off putting your money towards a good multivitamin/mineral, essential fatty acids, biotin, or sulphur supplements (MSM).

Best wishes for healthy growing!

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

I am using Arnica topically for hairloss right now. It's only been a couple months, so I can't say how well it's working yet.
    I figured that I have had so much luck with Arnica reducing the inflammation of bruises and sprains, that it might be good for scalp inflammation.
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Bald/Knees/Dunno
    Type
    1b/C/iii

I don’t know. I think I will forever be sceptic of places that give you advice on something that will “definitely help you” and then have a nice little shop-section where you can buy said guaranteed help…

I have been on LHC for over 7 years and I have seen everything that can be eaten or smeared on the scalp been used to reduce hair loss and promote growth.
    In my opinion, a lot of the “effect” comes from that you are paying more attention to your hair and not from whatever potion you are trying.
    You will consciously or subconsciously pay more attention to your diet, handling and care. Its basically a placebo. But make no mistake, a placebo can be a very powerful and effective thing.

Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ~BoHemiAngel~ View Post
    Well, I can't speak from experience using Arnica for hair loss, but I am studying homeopathy in school so perhaps I can be of some assistance here.

My understanding of homeopathy is that it doesn't just treat a particular disease or condition (i.e. Hair loss) but it treats the entire symptom picture of how one individual experiences that condition. So let's say one person experienced hair loss by suddenly losing big chunks of hair at a time, and another person had a gradual shedding that has thinned their hair over many years. Arnica taken homeopathically might work for one person's symptom set, but not the other's. They might need an entirely different remedy.

I haven't heard of using Arnica topically for hair loss... but homeopathic remedies aren't very expensive, so it probably wouldn't hurt to try it and see if it works for you. In my opinion, though, you'd probably be better off putting your money towards a good multivitamin/mineral, essential fatty acids, biotin, or sulphur supplements (MSM).

Best wishes for healthy growing!
    Thanks for your suggestions ~BoHemiAngel~.

I do take multivitamins, but I don't think they have biotin in it. Is there a good biotin supplement that guys can take? Most seem to be prenatal supplements, and I am not sure if they are safe for guys.

I think the reasoning for Arnica, is that it stimulates blood flow and also acts as a vasodilator. Perhaps this causes more blood to reach the follicles ?

Since you are studying (Homeopathic) medicine, maybe you could comment on this. I am noticing some patterns in hairfall control remedies. Remedies originally meant for blood pressure, as well as those meant for BPH seem to help control hairloss. Do you also notice this pattern?

Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    I am using Arnica topically for hairloss right now. It's only been a couple months, so I can't say how well it's working yet.
    I figured that I have had so much luck with Arnica reducing the inflammation of bruises and sprains, that it might be good for scalp inflammation.
    I am also planning to try out Arnica. I think I will start with taking Arnica 30c in wet dose (with water). I will report my experience on the forum.

Wishing you luck. I hope Arnica helps you.

Length
    --/tb/--
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

The key thing to understand about homeopathy is that it presumes that molecules have a kind of "memory": homeopathic remedies are repeatedly diluted (with water or whatever) until there is often not a single molecule of the original substance left. Since all of modern chemistry is at odds with this theory, I'd say you're likely to find that these remedies have no effect on your hair.

wg
    To contact me, use email. (Only PM if you'd rather not receive a reply in a timely fashion.)

Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by wendyg View Post
    The key thing to understand about homeopathy is that it presumes that molecules have a kind of "memory": homeopathic remedies are repeatedly diluted (with water or whatever) until there is often not a single molecule of the original substance left. Since all of modern chemistry is at odds with this theory, I'd say you're likely to find that these remedies have no effect on your hair.

wg
    I recollect watching a show on this. Perhaps it was Discovery Channel. What you say is logical, but at the same time, I do know people who have benefited from Homeopathy in ailments where traditional medicine just did not work. Perhaps it was placebo effect. I do not know. From personal experience and experience of some people I know, I would not disregard Homeopathy so easily.

Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Igor View Post
    You will consciously or subconsciously pay more attention to your diet, handling and care. Its basically a placebo. But make no mistake, a placebo can be a very powerful and effective thing.
    I agree, that a placebo can have a strong effect. But at the same time, if hairloss is a chemical process, then perhaps chemicals (or even a more holistic approach like diet and exercise) can control the process...

hoping I am right :-)

Length
    1/34.6"/41
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by wendyg View Post

wg
    I agree.

There is not one single shred of evidence that homeopathy works and a lot of research that shows it doesn't work. I would go as far as to say it is a scam. A very successful scam but a scam nonetheless and a dangerous one at that. People have died because they chose to rely on homeopathy instead or actual real treatment.

That said, there is a difference between homeopathy and natural or herbal treatments. Certain plants do posses certain healing qualities. Aloe vera is a very well-known example as is birch bark (which is actually a source of aspirin and has been used for centuries for it's anti-inflammatory and painkilling effects). These type of treatments are very different from homeopathy because they actually contain working components instead of just "memory water".

Arnica is a natural treatment but you have to pay attention to what you are actually buying because there are also homeopathic arnica treatments that do not even contain a single molecule of arnica.
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 CL 15 16 17 18 SL 20 21 22 23 APL 25 26 27 BSL 28 29 30 31 32 WL 34 35 36 HL 38 39 40 TB