Page 57 of 105 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Toadstool shampoo and conditioner -- has anyone tried these?

Length
    25.5/37.5/45.0
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Toadstool shampoo and conditioner -- has anyone tried these?

I got my shipment last Monday, April 2nd. I tried it out that night.

Shampoo: About a quarter-to-fifty cent size blob of shampoo on my scalp, then I decided on the same amount for my length because the shampoo just literally disappeared in my hair and I didn't feel like one little blob would get it all clean. When I rinsed it all out, my hair still felt dirty. You know that feeling when there are still too many oils that didn't come out of your length? More on that in a bit.

Conditioning Cream: I probably used a large tablespoon amount from the ears down and then went about my showerly duties. A few minutes later when I ran a comb through it, the tangles just literally fell out. It was wonderful. After rinsing my hair still had that dense kind of dirty feeling.

Leave in Conditioner: One dime sized blob for each half of my hair, then combed it all out with no tangles whatsoever. Then I applied about another (scant) dime sized amount on my crown and upper hairs to help control frizz.

As my hair dried it still felt dense and dirty and I thought, oh no, this is going to be another failed experiment. BUT by the time it dried any excess oils had been absorbed and my hair was smooth, shiny, had a wonderful swing, and was darn near impervious to tangles. The next day it was still fluffy enough that I had to braid it for the day, but it wasn't the disaster of fluffiness it usually is, and by the second day it was absolutely GORGEOUS.

Every day after that my hair just got smoother and shinier with no tangles and a wonderful swing. And my ends, which usually dry out and turn into velcro by about the third or fourth day after washing, remained absolutely soft and moist. Also, as the week progresses my hair as a whole eventually starts looking a little frazzled from drying out, and it starts separating into thatches so I end up braiding and bunning the last couple of days before I wash it again. This time using Toadstool, it maintained it's integrity and a wonderful hemline and allowed me to wear it down and proud for the full week!!!

Well, almost a week. On Sunday morning despite my hair still looking fantastic, I just wanted to try it again. Same routine as above, only I used more like an even tablespoon of the conditioning cream, and once again my hair just felt dirty and oily and kinda yucky. But once again, by the time it dried it was GORGEOUS. Now I'm on second day hair again and I can't tell you how beautiful it is. I'm sold on these Toadstool products, I do suspect that they are my Holy Grail products!

Now about the scents:
    Shampoo and Leave in Conditioner in the Chamomile scent. It smells like equal halves with one half herbal like chamomile tea, and the other half a delicious combo of rose and lavender. Wonderful scent! The only somewhat bad thing is that when it is drying it gets a very dry powdery lemon scent, rather like a lemon that's drying out and turning yucky, but by the time my hair is dry that scent is completely gone, just like the extra oiliness. So it's all good.

Conditioning Cream in Milk and Honey. Just a very sweet, wonderful scent. More like honey and vanilla really. I love it!

Sorry this was so long, but I do hope it helps some of you who haven't tried it yet, or who are interested in those particular scents.
    Last edited by Topaz; April 17th, 2012 at 01:03 PM.

Huge Tolkien Nerd! Long_hair_bear's Avatar
    Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    I got my shipment last Monday, April 2nd. I tried it out that night.

Shampoo: About a quarter-to-fifty cent size blob of shampoo on my scalp, then I decided on the same amount for my length because the shampoo just literally disappeared in my hair and I didn't feel like one little blob would get it all clean. When I rinsed it all out, my hair still felt dirty. You know that feeling when there are still too many oils that didn't come out of your length? More on that in a bit.

Conditioning Cream: I probably used a large tablespoon amount from the ears down and then went about my showerly duties. A few minutes later when I ran a comb through it, the tangles just literally fell out. It was wonderful. After rinsing my hair still had that dense kind of dirty feeling.

Leave in Conditioner: One dime sized blob for each half of my hair, then combed it all out with no tangles whatsoever. Then I applied about another (scant) dime sized amount on my crown and upper hairs to help control frizz.

As my hair dried it still felt dense and dirty and I thought, oh no, this is going to be another failed experiment. BUT by the time it dried any excess oils had been absorbed and my hair was smooth, shiny, had a wonderful swing, and was darn near impervious to tangles. The next day it was still fluffy enough that I had to braid it for the day, but it wasn't the disaster of fluffiness it usually is, and by the second day it was absolutely GORGEOUS.

Every day after that my hair just got smoother and shinier with no tangles and a wonderful swing. And my ends, which usually dry out and turn into velcro by about the third or fourth day after washing, remained absolutely soft and moist. Also, as the week progresses my hair as a whole eventually starts looking a little frazzled from drying out, and it starts separating into thatches so I end up braiding and bunning the last couple of days before I wash it again. This time using Toadstool, it maintained it's integrity and a wonderful hemline and allowed me to wear it down and proud for the full week!!!

Well, almost a week. On Sunday morning despite my hair still looking fantastic, I just wanted to try it again. Same routine as above, only I used more like an even tablespoon of the conditioning cream, and once again my hair just felt dirty and oily and kinda yucky. But once again, by the time it dried it was GORGEOUS. Now I'm on second day hair again and I can't tell you how beautiful it is. I'm sold on these Toadstool products, I do suspect that they are my Holy Grail products!

Now about the scents:
    Shampoo and Leave in Conditioner in the Chamomile scent. It smells like equal halves with one half herbal like chamomile tea, and the other half a delicious combo of rose and lavender. Wonderful scent! The only somewhat bad thing is that when it is drying it gets a very dry powdery lemon scent, rather like a lemon that's drying out and turning yucky, but by the time my hair is dry that scent is completely gone, just like the extra oiliness. So it's all good.

Conditioning Cream in Milk and Honey. Just a very sweet, wonderful scent. More like honey and vanilla really. I love it!

Sorry this was so long, but I do hope it helps some of you who haven't tried it yet, or who are interested in those particular scents.

It might feel dirty to you because you're used to other shampoos? I love the fact it leaves it slightly "dirty" because it doesn't strip your hair of its oil.

“Some of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts." - Jim Morrison
    "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her." 1 Corinthians 11:15
    *UNICORN* Looking for Maxima Diamond Two toned Amethyst in Large

Length
    25.5/37.5/45.0
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Actually I've been a strict CO washer for years now, with only a shampoo to clarify once every 6 to 8 weeks or so. No, this actually reminds me more of when I tried to go WO and made it for about 4 weeks before giving up. My hair feels the same when wet and washed with Toadstool as it did when wet and cleansed with nothing.

The big and wonderful difference is that Toadstool dries BEAUTIFUL and my WO experiment was awful LOL!

Length
    ?/48/term?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndeigh View Post
    If you don't like the Witches Potion I am interested. Just let me know. Although, I hope you do like it and can tell us all about it!
    Lol if I don't like it you've got first dibs

She messaged me yesterday and said she was cooking it up and would ship it out asap.

I'm excited!

Length
    pixie/chin/term
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Witherup View Post
    Lol if I don't like it you've got first dibs

She messaged me yesterday and said she was cooking it up and would ship it out asap.

I'm excited!

Thanks!! I do hope you like it, but I am here for you! I am very interested in what you think of the scent. It is on my list of trys!

Topaz, welcome to the Toadstool fairy ring!

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I decided that this doesn't work for me, I prefer my CV shampoo bars and other conditioner. The leave in from toadstool isn't enough for my past knee hair and the deep conditioner is too expensive to try. I loved the smell though!

Length
    ?/48/term?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ladyfey View Post
    I loved the smell though!
    Which scents did you try ladyfey??

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndeigh View Post
    Hy Neoma, you are my hair twin (except for that gorgeous length)!! You are very encouraging to me as i grow out this pixie.
    I bought Toadstool's Moroccan Rain shampoo and LOVE it! I also bought her Dragon's Blood leave-in conditioner. My hair really likes that also. I have a fan, and will buy again.
    Yay! A hair twin! Thank you for the lovely compliment, Cyndeigh. I am here to tell you: There is length after pixies.

I'm glad that you like Toadstool. Can you describe those scents?

I received my order today. This time, I got Very Vanilla shampoo and leave-in and a Honey Bee leave-in. My initial impression, from just whiffing the bottle, is that Very Vanilla is a pure vanilla without any sweetness, kind of like vanilla extract. I love vanilla, but I prefer mine sweet, like French vanilla, or dark, like Black Vanilla. I may grow to love it. We'll see.

I was wowed by the fragrance of Honey Bee, which smells like honey comb melting in the sun. I applied a small amount to my dry hair when I got home, and it soaked right in. It doesn't seem to linger like some of her other scents, which is sad, because it smells so darn good.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    pixie/chin/term
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    Yay! A hair twin! Thank you for the lovely compliment, Cyndeigh. I am here to tell you: There is length after pixies.

I'm glad that you like Toadstool. Can you describe those scents? .
    I am a fan......not have a fan......sigh!
    Ok, for the scents, Moroccan Rain, is so fresh, woodsy, and a soft spice. It is really hard to describe. I like the woodsy type smells. Dragons Blood (love the name) is a another woodsy scent, but deeper. Spicey. It is really hard for me to put into words. These two are not floral, or sweet. I really like them.
    What to chose next.............

Very happy to hear there is hair after pixie. I was beginning to wonder......

Length
    ?/48/term?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

So my Witches Potion has been shipped and should be here Friday!!! Oh I am beyond excited!! I'm not washing my hair until they get here
    Cyndeigh how long do the scents last?? Those sound lovely!!