Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Essential Oils For Hair Loss and Shedding

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: Essential Oils For Hair Loss and Shedding

Quote Originally Posted by In2wishin View Post
    I copied Igor's recipe from the first post. The amounts in red will fill a 2 oz bottle so I hope this will give you an idea how to adjust the recipe you are thinking of using.

Igor's Recipe

1. Thyme essential oil - 2 drops 5 drops
    2. Atlas cedarwood essential oil - 2 drops 5 drops
    3. Lavender essential oil -3 drops 7 drops
    4. Rosemary essential oil -3 drops 7 drops
    5. Jojoba oil - ½ teaspoon 1 and 1/4 tsp
    6. Grapeseed oil - 4 teaspoons 10 tsp. (3 Tbl plus 1 tsp)

Someone may correct me but all I can find about evening primrose oil is that it is used more as a nutritive oil rather than a carrier oil and a maximum of 10% is recommended. I couldn't find anything about carrot oil except as an EO.

Hope this helps.
    Question...is Igor's recipe based on one ounce of carrier oil, I didn't see the carrier oil amount indicated?

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDM View Post
    Question...is Igor's recipe based on one ounce of carrier oil, I didn't see the carrier oil amount indicated?
    The recipe is the one used in the study done at the university of aberdeen. Joboba and grapeseed are the ones used there.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Growing by Benign Neglect In2wishin's Avatar
    Length
    15/BSL/TB
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

It is based on 1/2 teaspoon of jojoba and 4 teaspoons of grapeseed which is a total of 4 and 1/2 teaspoons carrier. This equals approximately 3/4 of an ounce.

It is based on 1/2 teaspoon of jojoba and 4 teaspoons of grapeseed which is a total of 4 and 1/2 teaspoons carrier. This equals approximately 3/4 of an ounce.
    Hmmm, well I just added 5 drops of each to the 2 ounces of oil...

It seems like some of the recipes have more oil and some have less, hard to figure out the correct ratio...

Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Jessie58's recipe is based on 4 ounces of carrier oil and can be halved to a 2 ounce bottle of jojoba oil.

Hi Jessie, (PS I loved that part in the movie) I saw that recipe, but my goodness there sure are a lot of ingredients LOL. Currently I have basil, lavender, rosemary, carrot, camellia, and evening primrose oil in my herbal arsenal so I was hoping to use those ingredients before investing in some others. I'm hoping the 5 drops per 2 ounce will work for now. I remember trying something similar out before but I sort of gave up on it, I think mainly because it was irritating my head and shedding increased. However this could have been my fault because I do believe I added too many drops and didn't have the correct ratio of carrier oil. I'm going to give it another shot and see what happens...

Growing by Benign Neglect In2wishin's Avatar
    Length
    15/BSL/TB
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Hi Jessie, (PS I loved that part in the movie) I saw that recipe, but my goodness there sure are a lot of ingredients LOL. Currently I have basil, lavender, rosemary, carrot, camellia, and evening primrose oil in my herbal arsenal so I was hoping to use those ingredients before investing in some others. I'm hoping the 5 drops per 2 ounce will work for now. I remember trying something similar out before but I sort of gave up on it, I think mainly because it was irritating my head and shedding increased. However this could have been my fault because I do believe I added too many drops and didn't have the correct ratio of carrier oil. I'm going to give it another shot and see what happens...
    If this makes it easier yet: Igor's recipe (which is the same one my soapmakiing guru Zonella Gould recommends) uses 12 drops COMBINED TOTAL of essential oil per ounce of carrier which would be 24 drops TOTAL for your 2 ounces.

If this makes it easier yet: Igor's recipe (which is the same one my soapmakiing guru Zonella Gould recommends) uses 12 drops COMBINED TOTAL of essential oil per ounce of carrier which would be 24 drops TOTAL for your 2 ounces.
    Yes that does make it easier, thanks!

Length
    APL/Hip+/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

So I was wondering what everyone's results are from using Nightblooming's oil? I've been massaging it into my scalp and mixing it in with my castor oil treatments. Has anyone seen good growth with it?

The oil has definitely has helped with the itchy scalp I've been getting.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
    -Helen Keller

Wow, I really appreciate this thread! I've finally reached APL after years of having short hair above my shoulders. Now I'm shedding a lot, and although I suspect it's a seasonal shed, I am just not accustomed to losing this much. I think it's time I start using EOs and see how it goes.