Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today I washed my hair with egg...

Length
    ?/31'/Tailb
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Today I washed my hair with egg...

...and it came out incredibly clean! Today I had a really oily head after 4 days without washing (just a water rinse on day 2). Days before I had come across some threads about using egg as shampoo and decided to give it a try today, just for experimenting.

In the beginning I did this egg wash as a treatment before shampoo because I never expected that it would remove that amount of grease I had, but I let it dry after rinsing very well (no conditioner after the egg) and the result was stunning! Clean, shiny and soft!

Now my question is.... will I be able to keep on washing my hair this way for a long time with nice results? Or maybe it will dry/build up? If you have egg-washed your hair before, how did it reacted? Did you keep it as a routine? How did it come out?

little hair obsessed too littlenvy's Avatar
    Length
    10"/waist/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Default Re: Today I washed my hair with egg...

I guess it depends how much your hair likes proteins. The egg may (key word here may) give you a protein build up. But all you need to do then is clear shampoo wash and a little bit of moisture and you are as good as new.

I do them every other or every third wash and always follow by a mild ACV rinse and my hair likes it.
    I love mixing up my oils!

Type
    1c/M/ii

Interesting! Do you use the whole egg and how do you wash your hair with it ? Does it leave that nasty egg smell?

Length
    SL/MBL/HL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Were you using it on your scalp or just your length? I've always thought about using an egg for the protein but have always been to chicken (woah... pun totally unintended ) to actually try it.

Length
    8/20/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii/iii

No help here unfortunately. My hair HATES egg, which I believe means it dislikes proteins...

Length
    chin/25"/30WL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I'm curious how you washed your hair with egg, would love more details

Length
    ?/31'/Tailb
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Littlenvy, thanks for your tips! I'll wait and see it I get some build up then, and will try the ACV rinse as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nena_shawty View Post
    Interesting! Do you use the whole egg and how do you wash your hair with it ? Does it leave that nasty egg smell?
    The recipe I used is the folowing:

1 whole egg
    1 egg yolk
    1-2 tablespoons golden syrup (use honey instead if you have!)
    1-2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (add it at the end)

First I wet my hair and then I slowly and gently spread it, massaging from the root to the ends. Let it for 5-10 minutes and the rinse very, very well with COLD water (it seems that some people literally "cooks" the egg when rinsing with hot water and after that they find white bits of egg in the hair ).

This time I didn't notice any egg smell on my hair, it smells good. However, I have read that it happened to some people. But I think that if you rinse it well (also ACV if you want), it shouldn't smell bad at all.

Length
    ?/31'/Tailb
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

If you think that your hair likes proteins, I encourage you all to try this and then come here and share your impressions!

Length
    24/24/38
    Type
    1b/F/i

Wow! I was all set to crack open the olive oil, & now I'm wondering if I shouldn't try an egg instead. Leap of faith issues again.

Anyway, I tried a blast of cold water while washing last night & I think I should let my hair get over the shock...

Length
    chin/6/25
    Type
    1b/F/i

Thanks for the recipe Eva. I think I'll give this a try in the next couple of days.