Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a way to put braids in that aren't visible?

Length
    8/19/36
    Type
    1b/C/iii

Angry Is there a way to put braids in that aren't visible?

Weird question, I know, but I have to have my hair bunned for the job I'm taking after I graduate and it doesn't allow visible braids, which is how I keep most of my thick hair anchored.

So is there a way to put braids in that aren't so.... visible?

Length
    chin/MBL/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Is there a way to put braids in that aren't visible?

Can you do a braided bun? Or is even that not allowed?

Lady Egleriel, Wanderer of Hallowed Halls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I guess you could keep a section of hair out of the braid, to wrap around and cover the braided bun.

Or you could do a rose bun with rope braids - no one ever guesses that a rose bun is a braided bun (off LHC).

Length
    27.5/waist/hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I would do a braided bun, keeping out a section to wrap around the bun. Once you have the braided bun in palce wrap the loose sectin around it and secure with pins. It will look like a "normal" bun but have the hold of the braid.

If you haven't been doing it, making the bun when your hair is wet, and securing with amish pins may help it hold without the braid.

Otherwise, I would do a sock bun. If you have really thick hair that may be a larger bun then you want though.

Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kricket View Post
    Weird question, I know, but I have to have my hair bunned for the job I'm taking after I graduate and it doesn't allow visible braids, which is how I keep most of my thick hair anchored.

So is there a way to put braids in that aren't so.... visible?
    Could you do a partial French Dutch braid..i.e. French Dutch braid down the back of your head so that two or so "ridges" appear on the back of your head, then divide the remaining hair so that you have two sections. Twist one section over the other down to the ends, and pin the resulting coil in a bun?

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

In my extraordinarily limited experience, places that forbid "braided" hair are usually referring to cornrows rather than normal braids. You might want to verify this. (Personally, I think this is a rather racist policy, but that's a whole separate thread.) Your braided buns might be perfectly acceptable.

I'll second rose buns as a good option for a bun that doesn't look braided. Also, if your length data is accurate, you might find you get a better hold with two buns than with one, or with the top half of your hair bunned, then the bottom half wrapped around that bun. Splitting thick hair up like that can make it more bun-able than it is all as one mass.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    3 in/thigh/knee
    Type
    1a/M/C/ii

Do you mean that you CAN braid your hair but the tail musn't show? Or do you mean that you CAN'T (it's not allowed) braid your hair in any way but you want to?

I'm assuming the first option. As many here had already said, I suggest you go for the braided bun. It's very simple to do, yet it looks elegant. You can simply tuck the tail in with U pins and they won't show.
    Did I miss another point?

Length
    2in/43/42!
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

I'm not even sure that is legal. I do know of at least a few cases in the states of companies that had those policies were taken to court and lost.. and had to pay up.

Anyways. I guess you could cover it up with a headband, hair cover or snood type thing.
    My Blog Mostly knitting/crochet/craftyness.
    Shiny Stuff of Mine (fledgling nail/hair blog)
    On my way to Classic.. at least!

Length
    Nape/Waist/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

I'm with Anje on this one. Can't imagine why a braid would be against rules, and I know that "braids" often associated with "ethnic minorities" is probably what they were describing. Either way, wrong and probably illegal.

I would get clarification and maybe discuss why this requirement is dangerous ground to your HR.

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I would do a regular bun.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com