Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rant-Summer hair!

Length
    SL/LB/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Rant-Summer hair!

I am not enjoying my hair much this Summer! The extreme heat and humidity are giving me some majorly bad hair days...lank, limp, frizzy in little patches, stringy in others. All together crappy! Ok, that feels a little better. I cannot wait for less heat and humidity! How's your Summer hair?
    Lady Ka'ahu Pahau, Island Guardian in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Act, don't react.

Length
    17.5"/APL/APL
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: Rant-Summer hair!

It always feels like summer all year round here so I've learnt how to deal with it I'm just learning to be friends with my hair now

Why don't you make full use of the humidity and do SMTs whenever your hair feels blah? Then you could probably skip oiling and not have the oils weigh your hair down. How's your routine like? I know a lot of people have different routines for summers and winters you could adjust yours accordingly

Length
    BSL/WL!/knee+
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

My hair is constantly greasy, especially now that I'm trying to transition to WO. It's disgusting.

Length
    Ears/MBL/TB
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

You know, I hear a lot about how hot and humid it can be in the US in a lot of places. Thank god I live in britain! For me, all I need to do is put my hair up and I'm fine.

Don't get a summer frustration cut, whatever you do! You'll love your hair scarf come winter
    Finally embracing what nature gave me

Can I have waist length hair for Christmas?

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by celebriangel View Post
    You know, I hear a lot about how hot and humid it can be in the US in a lot of places. Thank god I live in britain! For me, all I need to do is put my hair up and I'm fine.
    We're about to get a taste of it - we're apparently due a heatwave with high humidity this week.

Length
    Chin/Bra/WKs?
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/i/ii

I'm with you Kristamommyx3, my summer hair is BOO! Can't wait for less heat and humidity either.
    Chin, SL, BSL, APL, BAPL, MDBL, WST, TB, BigCHOP
    I'll Whip My Hair Back And Forth

Length
    34"/45"/IDK
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I can't stand the heat and the humidity is even worse. The heat I deal with just by putting my hair up. The humidity is hard, but when it's there you don't have any choice about it. My hair gets all frizzy and uncooperative. I still just put my hair up.
    It helps when you put it up wet. I do a cool rinse before I get out of the shower. Then I put it up wet (during the winter I usually let it dry as long as I can before I put it up.) It seems to keep my head cooler. That and staying in a.c. as much as possible and being in water are all that I've found to help. I hope you find what helps you.

March 2014 - Almost to fingertip

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Oddly enough I've been having an exceeding amount of good hair days this summer despite the heat and humidity... it doesn't fare nearly as well in winter, though.

Account Closed by Member Request

Oh gosh, the weather is terrible here. I hate hot weather with a passion, I tell you.
    My hair gets greasier faster, but I need to be careful about how I cleanse and moisturize because I also get the straight-haired version of frizz that will not go away.

I wear my hair up in a high braid or bun whenever I possibly can because I don't like to get my hair soiled with sweat while it's covering me like a sheet. I can't even begin to understand how my DF can take the heat without a single urge to cut all of his hair off and his is the same thickness as mine, except he's coarser and wurly. If i complain that I'm hot, he'll say something like "Take your hair down! I know I can't stand to have my hair up in the summer, so I only wear it down."

Well, all I've got to say to that is, "You must have insulation growing out of your head then, because wearing my hair down is torture for me." I would seriously like to know how he does it...

I must second the SMT for summertime! I did an SMT the day before yesterday and my hair has been more well-behaved. I'm getting ready to mix myself up another batch of it, actually.

Length
    FLIP/APL/CLA
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I'm having hot summer hair h*ll too...
    Lady Vanlanthiriel of the Cascading Waterfalls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    2b/ M / ii - started castor oil blend Aug 1, 2011
    Current: APL l Goal: Waist