Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CV may have caused breakage :(

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default CV may have caused breakage :(

Earlier at the store today I took a look at my boyfriend's luscious locks and noticed alot of splits! Don't get me wrong, I've seen a few splits here and there but never like this. He had splits so far up and he has very long hair. He takes pretty good care of it and he said that he's noticed the splits with the CV. Poor ba
    by!
    So sorry for the font color, please forgive me.
    Last edited by GabrielleRose; July 29th, 2011 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Font color was too light

Length
    23/39/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Default Re: CV may have caused breakage :(

What's CV? Chagrin Valley? Cider Vinegar? I'm lost

Also, the bright blue doesn't stand out so well against the forum background, almost impossible to read without highlighting the text.
    "But the back seat of the drive-in is so lonely without you"

Technicolour Pug Lover pink.sara's Avatar
    Length
    42/26/36
    Type
    1a/1b/F/iii

I tried to read your post, but it was too blue! Sorry!

Brand New Redhead

Help! Serious eye damage on the iPad.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I'd really like to read your post but I can't due to the light colored font you used. It would be very helpful if you would you consider using the standard font in black.

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    24???/38?/37
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

Maybe he needs a different conditioner or detangling method? Try a trim or S & D ?

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Ow, my eyes.

*highlights* Ah, much better.

Assuming you mean CV shampoo bars - did he used to use 'cones? They may have hidden the splits more before. A lot of people notice reams of splits when they go 'cone-free; it normally doesn't mean the 'cone-free shampoo/conditioner you've switched to has caused it, it's often that the splits have been there all along merely with silicone camouflage.

Length
    .05/25.5/45
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii/iii

Also, is he using the bar directly on the scalp? Does he have rather long hair as well and piling it on top of his head? These things can cause damage. Maybe try lathering the bar in his hand and brushing in the lather with his fingers. There is nothing in the bars that would cause splits, it's just soap.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Sorry but could you please not write in the light blue, im dyslexic and I am finding it impossible to read. sorry.
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bene View Post
    What's CV? Chagrin Valley? Cider Vinegar? I'm lost

Also, the bright blue doesn't stand out so well against the forum background, almost impossible to read without highlighting the text.
    Chagrin Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by pink.sara View Post
    I tried to read your post, but it was too blue! Sorry!
    Don't be sorry, it was my fault for putting such a light font. I have changed the color so I hope all can read it better.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarCathy View Post
    Help! Serious eye damage on the iPad.
    I'm so sorry, I hope you can read it now that I changed the color.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn View Post
    I'd really like to read your post but I can't due to the light colored font you used. It would be very helpful if you would you consider using the standard font in black.
    Has been changed, sorry once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelikea View Post
    Maybe he needs a different conditioner or detangling method? Try a trim or S & D ?
    An S&D would work wonders on him, but I'll have to see if he'll let me do that. I think you are absolutely right about the need for a conditioner change, and I've seen the way he detangles and he is quite gentle, especially when I do it for him.

Quote Originally Posted by pepperminttea View Post
    Ow, my eyes.

*highlights* Ah, much better.

Assuming you mean CV shampoo bars - did he used to use 'cones? They may have hidden the splits more before. A lot of people notice reams of splits when they go 'cone-free; it normally doesn't mean the 'cone-free shampoo/conditioner you've switched to has caused it, it's often that the splits have been there all along merely with silicone camouflage.
    Sorry about the color. I did mean CV shampoo bars, and previously he wasn't using much cones. He kept stealing my Aubrey products! :P I did notice splits before, but minor ones and never like this! So, he has decided to stop using them but I'm wondering what he should use on his hair especially since he doesn't care like I do. But I got him some shea moisture, the ones for curls so hopefully that wil be moisturising enough for him.
    Last edited by Gumball; July 30th, 2011 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Combined posts into multi-quote.