Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: monistat?!?! should i try it

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Default monistat?!?! should i try it

okay so i was trying to read the other threads about this.. well theres to many pages to read.. so my question is.. should i try it on my scalp and how successful have yall been with using it and how long have yall been using it?!!?! and if i were to stop would my new growth fall out or what.. my hair grows so slow!

Length
    shldr/hip/bcl
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Re: monistat?!?! should i try it

Well, you don't need to read the whole thread to get the main points...
    still, for the sake of KNIT, I'll give you a quick and short briefing
    -Some people don't get results by using MN
    - Some people notice new hairs growing
    -Some people notice hair shedding(but not extreme) after stopping the useof MN
    -MN usually doubles the hair growth rythm, so you can expect about an inch a month.

Length
    Pixie/Waist/35"?
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I've been using it. I used it for 2 weeks then forgot for a few weeks now and am using it again and going to be strict about it. I had a line of new baby hairs in the front of my hairline from using it and now I have a new line of baby hairs growing in, they look silly but it means I may have thicker hair than I've ever had in my life.

It's worth it at least to try for a month or two. I apply the cream straight to my scalp (the 7 day one) and keep it on overnight... I need to wash mine out right now I'm a grease monster!
    I definitely at least have an inch of roots and the last time I dyed was a hair gloss mid February. My hair grows painfully slow as well so go for it.
    _1b / F / i/ii__... Forever Growing _
    Chin SHL APL BSL Waist Hip BCL

Length
    pixie/bob/apl
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

i have used it since early march and have had about an inch of growth
    http://myhairgrowthjournal.tumblr.com/
    Growing out a pixie since August 2010

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

lucky duck.. i def think im going to be going to walmart today...

Length
    27/40/57
    Type
    2b/M/C/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by vanillabones View Post
    I've been using it. I used it for 2 weeks then forgot for a few weeks now and am using it again and going to be strict about it. I had a line of new baby hairs in the front of my hairline from using it and now I have a new line of baby hairs growing in, they look silly but it means I may have thicker hair than I've ever had in my life.

It's worth it at least to try for a month or two. I apply the cream straight to my scalp (the 7 day one) and keep it on overnight... I need to wash mine out right now I'm a grease monster!
    I definitely at least have an inch of roots and the last time I dyed was a hair gloss mid February. My hair grows painfully slow as well so go for it.
    How often do you do that? I haven't been using very long and so far I only do it every few days. I'm curious to try leaving it on overnight.
    Waist - Hip - TBL - Classic - FTL (current) - Knee - Beyond...
    Last measure: August 13, 2016 - 40"

Length
    21/24/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

angela, if you are planning on buying it at walmart you should consider getting the equate generic brand. It's what I use and is about $5 for a tube of the 4% miconazole nitrate, which is less than half the price of brand name monistat (and has the same main ingredient).
    hoping for BSL by september!

Length
    CHN/APL/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I started using it one week ago today. I have applied it three times (I plan on three times a week). I use the 3-day one (4&#37, I apply it directly to my scalp, usually with dry hair, and then wash it in the morning. I applied it once with wet hair, right after washing it, and it went in much better (I assume it got diluted with the water on my hair) and I used a lot less, and it didn't seem to make my hair too greasy (it does when I put it on dry) but it was "funny" feeling. It takes FOREVER for me to put it on, because I'm kind of OCD about it. It has to go on each spot exactly the same and all, and I can't put my hair back in any kind of ponytail hardly to separate it, so it is tedious. I plan to keep this up at least one month (until my graduation) and see how it works, and I'd really like to keep it up until my wedding at least.

My main goal is to get it to ponytail length, then I will relax about it a little. I hate how it looks right now. I despise the length that it is at.

Anyway I just started it so if you have any questions feel free to ask!
    Loving my curls and looking to grow as far as I can go.

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

does it work as well?!?! oh btw my mom works at walmart so i can use her discount card.. so it will come to be 4. something after taxes.. haha i need to pick up some coconut oil to.. do u know if they sell it there?

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

oh snap ... what about the dollar store?