Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hairdresser cut my bangs too short...

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Hairdresser cut my bangs too short...

the picture you posted looks really cute at least it isn't mega short - it should grow out in no time so just try to ignore it. For me being able to self microtrim is a must with a fringe
    CO washer - Grahtoe - Dresses only - De-clutterer - LHC addict

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Don't you have the option of saying "don't straighten, cut as is"?

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by afu View Post
    the picture you posted looks really cute at least it isn't mega short - it should grow out in no time so just try to ignore it. For me being able to self microtrim is a must with a fringe
    Thanks. I definitely need to learn the art of self trimming!

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    Don't you have the option of saying "don't straighten, cut as is"?
    Yes. Well, yes and no. When someone just kind of does it and you have no time to react it's a bit hard. Plus last time I had it cut at that hairdressers it was fine and she didn't straighten...go figure.
    To bra strap length, and beyond!
    *Pixie*Shag*Jaw*Shoulder*Collarbone*APLBSL

Length
    ?/35/40
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

I won't tie it up! all those ladies look nice but I feel a bit meh...although the rest of my hair is looking long!

Here's a photo, I'm feeling brave...it's just not even the right shape! I usually have it longer and around my eyes like a little frame....meeh!

[/quote]

I can see what you're saying about the shape, but the length I think is great! You have beautiful eyebrows that frame your eyes quite nicely. It would be a shame to hide them!

Aw, they don't look so bad! I was expecting to see much worse The good thing is, bangs grow fast and once you get the technique down, you can trim them yourself. I have my stylist trim my bangs every few months, but I always trim them myself in between appointments. It's really not difficult at all.

You look really cute with bangs.

Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by joflakes View Post
    I think your hair looks nice, it only has to grow a few weeks to cover your eyebrows.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Actually, I think they look quite nice! I was expecting to see bangs that had been cut to about half the forehead or something like that. If you're not happy with them, they'll grow in no time, at least they're not short-short.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    18?/24/27
    Type
    1a/M/ii

You must remember not all hair dressers are crappy and evil. I'm not! And not all hair dressers straighten the hell out of everything.
    They should know that bangs will bounce up so they shouldnt pull them so straight. Did you tell her they were too short? Its best to tell them what is wrong so they know where they went wrong and will maybe be more cautious next time.
    Although it sucks they are a little too short, bangs feel like they grow very very fast. In a few weeks you won't know the difference.
    And you said it was free? I guess I could see a hair dresser not taking as much time because they are not benefiting from it. But that is silly, because you should always take a little bit of time if need be.
    I'll have to say cutting bangs is almost my least favorite thing to do. I can do it nicely but its hard because the bangs are at the front of the hair and the hairdresser in most cases doesn't know you to the T and does not see you everyday. So it is hard to picture what some one would do to their hair everyday when you don't know them too well.

** saw the pic, I think they are cute **
    Taking an LHC break.

Type
    2a/C/iii

LOL I actually think it looks really cute on you! Shows off your lovely eyes and eyebrows.
    "The reward for conformity is that everybody likes you except yourself" - Rita Mae Brown

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Tisiloves View Post
    I know many UK hairdressing courses advocate straightening hair before cutting (working with waves/curls is much harder), but I think it might also be the more general hairdressers tend to assume that you'll straighten your fringe, etc. I have to cut my own because my quiff/cowlick means that where they wetcut it goes up in the middle when dry.
    Do they do that now? This is a bad thing, in my opinion - it's much better to cut to the hair's natural shape, especially for anyone without straight hair. Makes me even more afraid to visit the stylist.

OP, I agree that straightening a fringe every morning is a PITA. Especially since I get halfway to work and wonder if I've left the straighteners plugged in.