Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When/if you wear your hair down, do you keep it in front or behind?

Default When/if you wear your hair down, do you keep it in front or behind?

I've somehow never even realized that you can have your locks on front side. I just saw a young woman having her hair like that and I just realized it looks totally different and beautiful that way...(that's also a way to make the face look thinner and hide double chin if that is needed )

Must learn this!
    Last edited by Priska; March 28th, 2024 at 02:03 PM.

Default Re: When/if you wear your hair down, do you keep it in front or behind?

I also can't understand how people can resist the temptation to put their hair behind the ear when having hair like that, must learn that too...

Length
    CBL/HL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Before LHC, I used to wear it down and at the front, now if I have it down I have it down the back mostly since I appreciate how it looks long at the back! But I agree, long hair hanging down the front can look really pretty. I have to resist the urge to make it look perfect because I find it looks better when fluffed up a little and not parted perfectly... I don't always like my hair down for some reason. Also any time I do, even at home for a moment, I don't know how anyone keeps their long hair down all the time for work etc, I got annoyed trying to plug a lamp into a socket on the floor because my hair just fell in my face and I just had to put it up in a bun immediately. It's a shame because I love my long hair down my back! Just it never stays there! :')
    Collarbone ... Mid-back ... Waist ... *Hip* ... Tailbone... Classic ... Mid-thigh​

Length
    Short/Waist/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

My hair refuses to stay behind my ears, so I gave up. LOL

But I usually keep my hair running down my back as it helps keep it out of my face

Length
    SL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

I keep mine on the front left side mostly. On the right I do tuck it lightly behind the ear and on the left where it falls I only tuck a tiny front section. Any different configuration won’t stay behind my ears, especially on wash day and the day after.
    Having it on the back is more convenient but only if it would actually stay there now that I’m approaching waist this seems more doable, hopefully some more length/weight helps it stay put.

When air drying though I do keep it on my back and I do tuck it tightly behind my ears because I find that gives me some lovey face framing waves. If I don’t tuck it while drying, the face framing goes in crazy spirals that don’t look very flattering on me and with the rest of my texture.
    overall: SL>>>APL>>>BSL>>>WL>>>HL>>>BCL>>>TBL
    natural: 0>>>EL>>>CL>>>SL

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

When it was shorter (above classic length), I'd wear it in front. When I was younger, over both shoulders, later on all to one side with the very front strands tucked behind my ear. Now at floor length, on the rare occasion I wear it down, it's all behind my back if I'm walking, but I do still like to bring it all over my left shoulder when convenient.

Behind. I absolutely do not have time for my hair to be in my way (which is why it's always pulled back).
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    CBL/HL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Behind. I absolutely do not have time for my hair to be in my way (which is why it's always pulled back).
    Hahha this made me laugh because same, I love my hair but life is too hectic for it to be down when I'm trying to do anything serious
    Collarbone ... Mid-back ... Waist ... *Hip* ... Tailbone... Classic ... Mid-thigh​

Length
    ??/Ankle/Floor
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Ditto!

But when mine is down, it's in the back. In the front is just too crazy.

I definitely keep my hair tied too when I'm working something, but when I go to some social event or just to the city center, shopping or to museum for example, and I want to look the best version of myself, I might leave my hair down. Even though I know I'll be resolving tangles later...