Page 626 of 851 FirstFirst ... 126526576616624625626627628636676726 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,260 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    Chin/Bra/WKs?
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Just wanted to pop in and say wurly/curly hair rocks! I love looking as though I actually have hair when I really do not have that much to speak of, and I never worry about looking like a deflated souffle >_<. Just shake or swipe the comb upwards a few times and there it is. Born styled ^^. That is all. *Runs off*
    Chin, SL, BSL, APL, BAPL, MDBL, WST, TB, BigCHOP
    I'll Whip My Hair Back And Forth

Length
    Pixie/BSL+/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Does anyone here use the technique plopping? At what length do you think curly hair is appropriate for plopping? My hair is currently APL when wet, SL when dry... is it worth it to try?

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I'm sad that the waves are straightening out i think its the extra length but i don't want layers put back in i can finally do a decent braid and updo.
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Gregorian Enchantress Theobroma's Avatar
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by bunzfan View Post
    I'm sad that the waves are straightening out i think its the extra length but i don't want layers put back in i can finally do a decent braid and updo.
    Heh. Yes. I'm starting to suspect that this whole curly lark is going to become largely academic when I get to my goal length -- even if gravity doesn't end up mostly eliminating my spirals, it's just going to be monstrously impractical to airdry loose from dripping wet once I get close to classic!

Better enjoy them while we still can, I think.

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by looniac View Post
    Does anyone here use the technique plopping? At what length do you think curly hair is appropriate for plopping? My hair is currently APL when wet, SL when dry... is it worth it to try?
    I do; my hair is chin length. I keep it "plopped" as I finish getting ready and then take it down while it's still somewhat damp and use clips for volume. Works very well but I am concerned about being able to do it when it's longer...

I have looked into using a diffuser in the pixie method (keeping it off until you have the diffuser in place, running it for a minute, turning off before moving it to the next section, etc.) but am still concerned about damage.

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by looniac View Post

I would say yes, just be sure that the curls are arranged nicely in the towel or else they will lay funny when dry. go forth and conquer the art of plopping!
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by bunzfan View Post

Have you tried plopping? it might enhance the wurls? Or maybe wait until summer when all is humid and hot? Try extra moisture now, but do not give up on your wurls! From what i have seen, they are beautiful! I have also lost curls for different reasons then you and just did an SMT with mollasses instead of honey...and some of them are coming back on the ends! too soon to tell though because my hair is still very wet...stupid stupid thick hair...i'm gonna be here a while (up that is)
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

Length
    HL/38TBL/CLSC?
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Theobroma View Post
    Heh. Yes. I'm starting to suspect that this whole curly lark is going to become largely academic when I get to my goal length -- even if gravity doesn't end up mostly eliminating my spirals, it's just going to be monstrously impractical to airdry loose from dripping wet once I get close to classic!

Better enjoy them while we still can, I think.
    Word.

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by C.H. View Post
    Word.

You know, I've never had a problem with sucking most of the water out of my hair with a quick towel turban and squeeze. It takes two seconds and leaves my towel sodden, but it works. The key is that my hair is left wet enought to curl naturally but not wet enough to make a big drippy mess.

So, sure, we can't thoroughly towel dry like a straighty, or even agitate with a towel like them, but we certainly have other options than Human Dripping Sponge.
    Last edited by CurlyCap; February 18th, 2012 at 04:13 PM.
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

Length
    HL/38TBL/CLSC?
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyCap View Post
    You know, I've never had a problem with sucking most of the water out of my hair with a quick towel turban and squeeze. It takes two seconds and leaves my towel sodden, but it works. The key is that my hair is left wet enought to curl naturally but not wet enough to make a big drippy mess.

So, sure, we can't thoroughly towel dry like a straighty, or even agitate with a towel like them, but we certainly have other options than Human Dripping Sponge.
    I'll have to experiment with that some more. I do some towel scrunching/squeezing to get some of the excess water out. And it's great not to be dripping wet, but I'm not sure that it actually speeds the ultimate drying time all that much.