Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Hair Motorcyclists!!

Length
    15/24.5/BSL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Long Hair Motorcyclists!!

I'm starting a new thread for LHC'rs who ride motorcycles. First topic: Do you wear a bandana over your hair before putting on your helmet?

Length
    3"/8"/48"
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Default Re: Long Hair Motorcyclists!!

I don't recall what it's called, but I wear a cap made out of a synthetic blend that wicks moisture. It's black and frankly kind of ugly, but effective.
    Tree-toed Wood Pixie of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    >X<)))> Veni, Vidi Crepi

Length
    15/24.5/BSL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie0763 View Post
    I don't recall what it's called, but I wear a cap made out of a synthetic blend that wicks moisture. It's black and frankly kind of ugly, but effective.
    Hey, Pixie0763: Better an ugly cap than having your helmet yank out your hair taking it on and off. My bandana doesn't wick moisture, so I'll do a search for the cap you're talking about.

Length
    12"/24.5"/31"
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I haven't driven a bike in years, but my ex used to just wear a buff as a skull cap and it worked really well for him, kept him from getting sweaty in the summer and kept him warm in the winter

Length
    15/24.5/BSL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by HadessThera View Post
    I haven't driven a bike in years, but my ex used to just wear a buff as a skull cap and it worked really well for him, kept him from getting sweaty in the summer and kept him warm in the winter
    I wear my helmet every time. To keep my hair from being pulled out when I take the helmet on and off, I tie a bandana over my head before putting the helmet on. The drawback, of course, is that my scalp gets sweaty pretty quickly and I usually have to wash it after only a short ride.

Length
    12"/24.5"/31"
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by silverthread View Post
    I wear my helmet every time. To keep my hair from being pulled out when I take the helmet on and off, I tie a bandana over my head before putting the helmet on. The drawback, of course, is that my scalp gets sweaty pretty quickly and I usually have to wash it after only a short ride.
    He wears his under his helmet too because I'd lose it whenever he didn't wear a helmet haha he'd wash it pretty frequently but it somehow helped the sweaty issue, I thinks it's because some of them are designed for runners

Length
    sld/APL/waist
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I ride as a passenger and have my own full face Black Dahlia helmet -

http://www.powersports4less.com/deta...p-01-024-03-02

I usually wear braids and a vintage silk scarf tied under the chin to protect my hair, sometimes I use a bandana but I like the silk better.

Length
    15/24.5/BSL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Clytemnestra View Post
    I ride as a passenger and have my own full face Black Dahlia helmet -

http://www.powersports4less.com/deta...p-01-024-03-02

I usually wear braids and a vintage silk scarf tied under the chin to protect my hair, sometimes I use a bandana but I like the silk better.
    Oooo! What a great idea! I have a pink silk scarf I could use, which would go very well with my helmet. Your helmet is SWEEEET!!

Here's mine:
    http://www.hjchelmets.com/images/pro...axii/white.jpg
    Last edited by silverthread; August 3rd, 2012 at 02:55 PM.

Length
    sld/APL/waist
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Thanks, yours is cool too, love the black and white. I found some long silk chiffon scarves over on ebay that I think I am going to give a try, too. Anything that doesn't rub my hair too much, you know?

Count me in (i love my bikes). It's great to see others wearing helmets, I live in Il wear the only required safety equipment is eye protection. I'm one of those crazy people out there in full armor. Thank you MSF!

In any case, like all of you, i've tried braids, ponytails, bandanas, buffs. They all help, but about 6 months ago a friend told me about the raci babi diva do. It took a couple of tries when I first got it to learn to put it on properly but it works great. I've even been know to use it in the convertible.

Hope it's ok to include a link....& here's another link for a review in case you're interested.

http://www.2uptouring.com/Helmet-Liners.aspx

http://www.womenridersnow.com/pages/...l.aspx?id=3758

Mine is in grey to match one of my bikes, but I think i'm going to order a couple more in colors as well.

I look forward to hearing about all the other ideas, thanks for starting this.

janetb