Thread: Alaffia Shea & Virgin Coconut Enriching Lotion

Length
    14shr/32hip/39cls
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Alaffia Shea & Virgin Coconut Enriching Lotion

Has anyone ever tried this? I got it @ Whole Foods today, it seemed like the most inexpensive creamy leave-in I could find, at $9.95. It's in a purple, 8oz bottle. It says "Leave-in conditioner for curly hair and locs".

ingredients:Herbal infusion of rooibos, vegetable glycerin, behentrimonium methosulfate and ceteraryl alcohol, shea butter*, virgin coconut oil*, panthenol (pro-Vitamin B5), vegetable emulsifying wax, hydrolyzed wheat protein, potassium sorbate, essential oils (sweet orange and rose geranium), limonene (from essential oil), citric acid. *Handcrafted by the Alaffia/Agbanga Fair Trade Shea Butter Cooperative in Sokode', Togo.

I used it just now and my hair feels smoother. It has a citrus kind of scent which I presume is because of the sweet orange oil, yum! I will try this tomorrow after my conditioning, though and report back here with my results. Just wanted to know if anyone has ever tried it. I get excited about anything with shea butter
    Last edited by ~GypsyCurls~; January 31st, 2009 at 08:19 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    short/15"/23"
    Type
    2c/F/iii

Default Re: Alaffia Shea & Virgin Coconut Enriching Lotion

Quote Originally Posted by ~GypsyCurls~ View Post
    Has anyone ever tried this? I got it @ Whole Foods today, it seemed like the most inexpensive creamy leave-in I could find, at $9.95. It's in a purple, 8oz bottle. It says "Leave-in conditioner for curly hair and locs".

ingredients:Herbal infusion of rooibos, vegetable glycerin, behentrimonium methosulfate and ceteraryl alcohol, shea butter*, virgin coconut oil*, panthenol (pro-Vitamin B5), vegetable emulsifying wax, hydrolyzed wheat protein, potassium sorbate, essential oils (sweet orange and rose geranium), limonene (from essential oil), citric acid. *Handcrafted by the Alaffia/Agbanga Fair Trade Shea Butter Cooperative in Sokode', Togo.

I used it just now and my hair feels smoother. It has a citrus kind of scent which I presume is because of the sweet orange oil, yum! I will try this tomorrow after my conditioning, though and report back here with my results. Just wanted to know if anyone has ever tried it. I get excited about anything with shea butter

I have!!! I actually have some in my closet atm...I'm going to have to pull it back out. My hair is too fine to leave it in, but it works well as a rinse out too!!!

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

This clearly has all the things in it my hair likes, i.e. shea and coconut oil - even hydrolised wheat protein (my hair seems to love anything with this in it!).

Wonder if it's available in the UK? I'll have to watch out for it.

I have never used it, but it sounds awesome.

Length
    14shr/32hip/39cls
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Okay, I love this product! I used it yesterday and I think I put too much in my hair, because it was kind crunchy. Today though, I used less of it and used Herbal Essences TT mousse over it, and the result was nicely defined, bouncy and light ringlets/curls! My hair feels soft and I love the way my ringlets look, very few products help me get ringlets. It also has a nice citrusy/orange smell. Definitely not the cheapest product out there, but for how it performs it's not a bad deal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]