Thread: Natural Wellbeing Hair Essentials for Hair Growth

Length
    14/19"/24"
    Type
    3a/F/i

Default Natural Wellbeing Hair Essentials for Hair Growth

I was just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this vitamin supplement for hair growth? The website has lots of positive reviews listed but wanted to check around before making the investment.

Length
    20/22/25
    Type
    1a/F/i

Default Re: Natural Wellbeing Hair Essentials for Hair Growth

Sorry, haven't heard of it.

Length
    Nape/Shldr/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Hi, I have heard if it and my brother bought a months worth and has some new hair growth on the temples were it was receding. I saw it for myself today, he has used it for only one month.

The hairs growing in are very fine and thin and he hopes they will thicken up a bit. He claims that his whole head looks thicker when he shaves his whole head, though I don't see him very often so I can't confirm for myself.

I am seriously considering buying a bottle to see if it works for me. I have had thin/fine hair since going through puberty, the women in my family are genetically predisposed to female hair loss, I'm only thirty but my hair looks as thin as my mom's post menopause...so I'm hoping that these pills will help me, because at the rate I'm going, I will be wearing wigs post menopause!

I have been doing research all afternoon and these pills, and several of the ingredients in them are definitely said to help with stopping DHT from thinning the hair, the only thing I see missing is Iron, which would definitely help people who may have hair loss due iron deficiency or iron absorption problems, however I think these pills are geared towards those who have hormonal/genetic hair loss that can't be cured with simple dietary/lifestyle changes.

I also think that if you take them you should refrain from taking additional multi-vitamins. These pills provide a daily dose of Vitamins A, E, and others, and getting additional doses from a multi could damage your liver or kidneys, as excessive amounts are considered toxic.

I'm gonna wait one more month and see how my brothers hair is going before i buy a bottle. If it works for me, I will of course post about on the forum.

Length
    20"/23"/28"
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Please don't supplement individual or small groups of nutrients without the advice of a suitably qualified medical professional. Nutrients work synergistically and in opposition, you can do more harm than good by messing with the balance. Why not clean up your lifestyle and ensure you meet or exceed your government's recommendations for healthy eating and physical activity?
    Dyed-in-the-wool redhead, growing out a major shed & mechanical damage to hairline. Eight years 'modified' Curly Girl, just past BSL stretched but keep trimming.

Length
    Nape/Shldr/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

I guess for some, it isn't as easy as just eating really healthy and being active. Following the food guide isn't gonna help you if your hair loss is not the result of an nutrient deficiency.

I know this is not the case for me, as I have myself checked out every year by my doc, to see if I have any deficiencies, of which I thankfully don't. I also am pretty physically active.

However, I do have a family with a history of female and male pattern baldness, which can't be cured by what I eat. I refuse to dump chemicals like Minoxidil, or spironolactane (sp?) in my body or on my scalp.

I took my brothers empty pill bottle and will show my doctor the ingredients to she what she says, though her expertise is not in naturopathy so she probably won't be of much help.

Length
    20"/23"/28"
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by happybear View Post
    I guess for some, it isn't as easy as just eating really healthy and being active. Following the food guide isn't gonna help you if your hair loss is not the result of an nutrient deficiency.

I know this is not the case for me, as I have myself checked out every year by my doc, to see if I have any deficiencies, of which I thankfully don't. I also am pretty physically active.

However, I do have a family with a history of female and male pattern baldness, which can't be cured by what I eat. I refuse to dump chemicals like Minoxidil, or spironolactane (sp?) in my body or on my scalp.

I took my brothers empty pill bottle and will show my doctor the ingredients to she what she says, though her expertise is not in naturopathy so she probably won't be of much help.
    Have you considered asking to be referred to a medically qualified dietician or endocrinologist? Has anyone explained how to help balance hormones through targeted diet modification? There is a difference between a deficiency and optimum nutrition, which is why I suggested the OP "meets or exceeds". Having looked up this supplement it's not just vitamins it contains various herbs, plant oils, amino acids, vitamins and minerals. Anyone taking this is filling their body with an array of chemicals with no proven efficacy. It would be safer and more scientific to research and try one herb at a time; the vast majority of what is in there will better absorbed from wholefoods.
    Dyed-in-the-wool redhead, growing out a major shed & mechanical damage to hairline. Eight years 'modified' Curly Girl, just past BSL stretched but keep trimming.

Length
    Nape/Shldr/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

It would be safer and more scientific to research and try one herb at a time; the vast majority of what is in there will better absorbed from wholefoods.
    I totally agree with you, and I have tried saw palmetto before and found it stopped my occasional PMS acne, hormonal acne is caused by testosterone production, the saw palmetto helps balance the hormones. However, My hormones generally are balanced, my thin hair is genetic. I have seen an endocrinologist before and my tests at the time were fine. If they hadn't have been, he would have prescribed me synthetic hormones.

It seems that the other herbal ingredients do the same type of thing. And you are right, these herbs really are "folk" herb, not a lot of hardcore scientific testing done, and anecdotal evidence. This is why my doctor wouldn't have a clue about them. I would definitely like to see a chinese herbalist or naturopath, expensive though..

But I gotta say, I saw with my own eyes my brothers new hair growth, so something must be working right

Length
    20"/23"/28"
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by happybear View Post
    It seems that the other herbal ingredients do the same type of thing. And you are right, these herbs really are "folk" herb, not a lot of hardcore scientific testing done, and anecdotal evidence. This is why my doctor wouldn't have a clue about them. I would definitely like to see a chinese herbalist or naturopath, expensive though..

But I gotta say, I saw with my own eyes my brothers new hair growth, so something must be working right
    Try Google Scholar or Google generally. Many herbal remedies have been researched somewhat, providing you stick to government, healthcare, charitable organisations (e.g. one for alopecia), universities, Wikipedia IF fully referenced with journal articles you should not go too far wrong. Herbs are a tough one because so many seemingly unbiased articles are written by someone who has a product or advertising space to sell. Medically qualified dieticians are often knowledgeable about the more common herbal supplements, and should have a reference text for any they don't!

With that many herbs I would be concened about interactions with other medication (including over the counter) and foodstuff. Really you need to know the amount of each herb in the recommended dose. I don't know what your brother's diet and lifestyle are like, it may be one of the herbs worked, it might be the nutrients, it may be a combination of herbs?

Length
    14/19"/24"
    Type
    3a/F/i

Hi Happybear-
    Thank you for sharing your brothers experience and your interest in
    trying out the Hair Essentials vitamin. I am currently supplementing
    my diet w vitamins and herbs that seem to be helping
    and wish not to change the course at this time.
    However I am curious about this particular vitamin because it had so many positive
    reviews. I would like to see more independent reviews (like your brother).

One thing you can try to lessen hair fall which has helped me and many others on this list is stop using all commercial shampoo. Also check out using decolorized iodine. I try to stay away from using chemicals but this seemed to help.

Since you are into Holistic health here is homeopathic remedy I came across on the internet you can research for yourself. I would have tried this but didn't want to stop taking my herbs and supplements.

http://www.otherhealth.com/homeopath...hair-loss.html
    This is from Joe De Livera:
    I have used Arnica 30c in the succussed dose to help with Hair Loss for some years and have discovered that about 75% of the cases that I have treated were successful in arresting the loss of their hair in a fortnight and in about another 6 weeks were able to observe the growth of new hair on their scalps.

I have often been criticized by the classical homeopaths that I do not follow their set procedure in a taking a full case as in the case of treatment for Hair Loss I have discovered that all that is necessary is that you follow the simple instructions set out below:

Get a 500ml bottle of Spring Water from your nearest supermarket.
    Pour out 100ml
    Drop in 3 pellets or 1 drop of liquid Arnica 30c into the 400ml water
    Cap the bottle tightly and succuss it 4-6 times by banging on your palm and look out for the air bubbles to fizzle up from the bottom.
    Pour out 1 teaspoonful of the potentized remedy and sip it twice daily with the last dose taken just before sleep. You will observe that you sleep very deeply after the Arnica.

You can also use Arnica Q (Mother Tincture) dissolved in Coconut Oil in a 20% solution and this should be shaken up to mix well before a few drops are massaged on the scalp.

Use Johnson's Baby Shampoo on your hair as this is the mildest shampoo available to help with hair growth.

No coffee and cola drinks and preserved meats containing saltpeter may be used during treatment as they all antidote the remedy.

Please post your response to this therapy in 2 months.

It's beauty that captures your attention, personality which captures your heart.

Length
    14/19"/24"
    Type
    3a/F/i

Firefox

Medically qualified dieticians are often knowledgeable about the more common herbal supplements, and should have a reference text for any they don't!

Hi Firefox That is interesting because I have found most qualified dieticians are usually not knowledgeable about common herbs since herbology is Not part of the college curriculum and with this being the case wouldn't it make more since to consult with a qualified herbalist regarding herbal contradictions ?
    Firefox
    With that many herbs I would be concerned about interactions with other medication (including over the counter) and foodstuff

I was also wondering if you could share with me the many herbs that have complications with foodstuff? Off the top of my head I really couldn't think of any?
    I thank you in advance for any information you can share regarding this.
    Last edited by sorraia; May 9th, 2011 at 08:43 AM.
    It's beauty that captures your attention, personality which captures your heart.