Page 56 of 105 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Toadstool shampoo and conditioner -- has anyone tried these?

Length
    ?/48/term?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Toadstool shampoo and conditioner -- has anyone tried these?

Neoma have you tried the withces potion??

ETA: I went ahead and ordered the Witches Potion shampoo and leave in =) I figure if I don't like it someone on here could always trade me for a scent they didn't prefer =)
    Last edited by Mrs.Witherup; April 14th, 2012 at 06:09 PM. Reason: added info

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Witherup View Post

ETA: I went ahead and ordered the Witches Potion shampoo and leave in =) I figure if I don't like it someone on here could always trade me for a scent they didn't prefer =)
    No, Mrs.Witherup, I haven't tried that one. I prefer "foodie" scents.

Do tell us how you like it.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Account Closed by Member Request

I have been using the shampoo maybe once a week or so. I usually cleanse twice while in the shower to make sure my scalp is clean with whatever cleanser I'm using. I can't do this with this shampoo. First wash, hair feels soft..if I do a second cleanse, the top layer of my hair feels like straw . So I only wash once when using this shampoo. Anyone else experience this?
    I really need to order some of the leave in soon.

Length
    ?/48/term?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

Also I forgot that someone mentioned hair darkening earlier in the thread, anyone remember what scent that was with? Has anyone experienced this??

Weee! I just got my order in of Shampoo, condish, shower gel and hair cream all in different scents so here's my review.

Shampoo "Baby Bibb- There are fragrance notes of arugula, blooming cyclamen, bergamot, fresh basil, white lily, green leaf and just a titch in the background of key lime. Light and Fresh.." And it really is a nice and fresh green scent like cut grass and little white flowers.

Conditioner "Honeysuckle Grapefruit- A zesty grapefruit with a mild blooming honeysuckle drifting in the background." Nice and bright, heavier on the grapefruit than the honeysuckle but subtle not overpowering at all.

Hair cream treatment- "Mini Skirt Bottom notes of White Carnation and Blood Orange are the perfect base for the mid notes of Sandalwood, Black Rose & Smoky wood.The top notes give a hint of toasted vanilla bean, vetiver, amber & a bit of Egyptian Musk." Surprisingly light with a bit of a soapy undertone. I like the texture on the hair cream, it's very thick and slippery. I rubbed some into my length and bunned it up while I shaved them shampooed and my hair feels great.

Shower Gel "Dorian-There are top notes of rose peony bergamot and mandarin leading to a midsection of orange blossom geranium and jasmine with a light base of musk patchouli and amber" This is the only one I'm not that sure about, I just can't really smell much scent at all but I love the gel so I'll keep using it or maybe scent it with a bit of BPAL oils I have laying around.

I'm really hoping to buy the "beach bumming" scent before summer starts, it sounds perfect! I also am looking for a recommendation for a good scent for a 5 year old girl. I want to buy my niece some of the leave in conditioner to help with her baby fine curly hair maybe "pink candy" or "fairy dust"?

Length
    27,5/38/43
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

Oh I´m so sad she doesn´t ship to sweden. Would love to try these out. :'(

Length
    27,5/38/43
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

Oops Double Post
    Last edited by UpNorth; April 16th, 2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: double post

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by somethingducky View Post
    Weee! I just got my order in of Shampoo, condish, shower gel and hair cream all in different scents so here's my review.

Shampoo "Baby Bibb- There are fragrance notes of arugula, blooming cyclamen, bergamot, fresh basil, white lily, green leaf and just a titch in the background of key lime. Light and Fresh.." And it really is a nice and fresh green scent like cut grass and little white flowers.

Conditioner "Honeysuckle Grapefruit- A zesty grapefruit with a mild blooming honeysuckle drifting in the background." Nice and bright, heavier on the grapefruit than the honeysuckle but subtle not overpowering at all.

Hair cream treatment- "Mini Skirt Bottom notes of White Carnation and Blood Orange are the perfect base for the mid notes of Sandalwood, Black Rose & Smoky wood.The top notes give a hint of toasted vanilla bean, vetiver, amber & a bit of Egyptian Musk." Surprisingly light with a bit of a soapy undertone. I like the texture on the hair cream, it's very thick and slippery. I rubbed some into my length and bunned it up while I shaved them shampooed and my hair feels great.

Shower Gel "Dorian-There are top notes of rose peony bergamot and mandarin leading to a midsection of orange blossom geranium and jasmine with a light base of musk patchouli and amber" This is the only one I'm not that sure about, I just can't really smell much scent at all but I love the gel so I'll keep using it or maybe scent it with a bit of BPAL oils I have laying around.

I'm really hoping to buy the "beach bumming" scent before summer starts, it sounds perfect! I also am looking for a recommendation for a good scent for a 5 year old girl. I want to buy my niece some of the leave in conditioner to help with her baby fine curly hair maybe "pink candy" or "fairy dust"?
    Lovely fragrance reviews, somethingducky.

I'm sorry that I can't make a suggestion regarding your little niece. I haven't tried either of those scents.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    pixie/chin/term
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    HobbitMopHead, I just placed another order for Toadstool and I bought two bottles of conditioner and one bottle of shampoo. A bottle of shampoo lasts me forever, but I go through a lot of conditioner.

I recently dug out an old bottle of Toadstool shampoo after not having used Toadstool for quite a while. The shampoo is so old that the consistency has changed -- it's quite viscous. But it seems to work just as well as it used to, so I'm going to keep using it until my new order arrives.

My routine is CWC:

• Toadstool shampoo -- scalp only
    • Giovanni Triple Tea Treat conditioner -- length only
    • Toadstool leave-in -- all over after towel drying

I have waist-length baby fine hair that tangles terribly. I find that the CWC routine works better for me than the usual shampoo and condition.

I adore Toadstool shampoo and leave-in. As I've mentioned before, I am menopausal, and I have weird, wiry hairs that stick up on my crown. When I use Toadstool, there isn't a a trace of the weird, wiry hairs. In fact, my hair looks fabulous from roots to tips -- soft and smooth with body and bright highlights.

Hy Neoma, you are my hair twin (except for that gorgeous length)!! You are very encouraging to me as i grow out this pixie.
    I bought Toadstool's Moroccan Rain shampoo and LOVE it! I also bought her Dragon's Blood leave-in conditioner. My hair really likes that also. I have a fan, and will buy again.

Length
    pixie/chin/term
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Witherup View Post

If you don't like the Witches Potion I am interested. Just let me know. Although, I hope you do like it and can tell us all about it!