Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concert Hair!

Type
    2a/M/iii

Default Concert Hair!

hello everyone!

so tomorrow night i'm going to see The Black Keys!!!!

I'm pretty sure i know what i'm wearing (shorts, tee shirt, chucks) but i haven't decided on my hair!

Should I do something crazy with it or leave it down and show off the length?

so excited! i'd love to hear some opinions! this is my first concert
    "Her hair went streaming out from her, till it spread like a mist over the stars. She flung herself abroad in space." Follow my hairy tale on tumblr!

Length
    21.5"/40.2"/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Default Re: Concert Hair!

My last concert I remember going to was very sweaty affair. (even though it was indoors). I think it is fun to have some hair to shimmy around, so I would opt for a half up, half down bohemian vibe. Maybe french braid (or french rope braid only pulling sections from the front of your hairline) your bangs and front layers (with hair parted to one side) braid down to the top of the ear, then braid regularly (or rope braid regularly down the length on both sides (the one off while you do the other). Then take a regular pony tail holder and tie the two together across the back of your head, over your down hair.

There you have it! A style that keeps the air out of your face, still looks modern, but keeps the length down in the back so you can show it off and you have something to move around should you feel like dancing around

I quite like this hairstyle with rope braids.

I should say that this style works for me and my hair is barely 24 inches and it has lots of short layers, my hair is also very slippery, it holds just fine.
    1b/F/M/iii APL~BSL~MBL~WL~Elbow~Hip~BCL~TBL 40" Finally!

I think you might want to wear it up. It will surely be crowded, and you have to keep your hair out of people's beer!! And no sticks, don't want to poke out any eyes!

Have fun!! and DANCE!!

Length
    8 in/41/45 +
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

I have no idea!

I go to a lot of concerts. My attire is cute black top (either cut off t-shirt or something fancy but firm in case someone pulls on it), shorts/jeans, and flat boots (something I can run away in!).

My hair though, it's always down. I listen to metal, I headbang a lot. I used to mosh a lot, but I have hernias now and I don't want to get hurt. I also wear ear plugs since I always go right up front! When DH plays I get to hang out on the private room and backstage, so I tend to look a bit more "dressed up" like wear dresses. But I always end up in front.

ETA: beer is good for hair though!

Lady Ligeia of the Wandering Oleander in the order of the Long Hair Knights

Length
    27"/~31"/40"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I usually wear my hair down for concerts as a special treat to myself. It just so much fun to have my hair all around me when I dance. The only problem is that it gets HOT! When that happens I almost always end up putting my hair in a ponytail. It's nice to have the length down but I always feel guilty because I know how much damage I'm doing. Other times I'm actually clever about it and decide not to wear it down. I find that a dutch (or french) braid is a pretty good middle ground. Do whatever you think will make you happy, but remember that there will be a lot of people all crowded together and it will get very, very warm. And definitely keep a hair tie on hand just in case.
    *~ BSL - Waist - Hip - TBL - Classic? ~*

Length
    TBL/waist/term
    Type
    2a/M/ii

French braids would be nice, maybe do 2?

Length
    10?/19/35?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Clem_Dela View Post
    hello everyone!

so tomorrow night i'm going to see The Black Keys!!!!

I'm pretty sure i know what i'm wearing (shorts, tee shirt, chucks) but i haven't decided on my hair!

Should I do something crazy with it or leave it down and show off the length?

so excited! i'd love to hear some opinions! this is my first concert
    I always get really sweaty at concerts...even with shoulder-length hair. Also, people always grab at you, you'll be pushing through close-quarters. If you wear it down, you chance getting puke, beer, gum, and who-knows-what-else in it. Also, it could get pulled or tangled.

You could always wear it down to begin with and just keep a hair tie with you. But, if you want to do something interesting, I'd put it up.
    We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion. ~TOOL

Type
    2a/M/iii

Hi everyone, thanks for all the feedback!

I don't know if the beer/vomit/etc is going to be a problem, i'm going with my brother, sister, and their respective best friends and i'm not expecting to be at close quarters with any drunkenness but then again this is my first concert! so i don't really know. Anyway,

I wear my hair down a lot and am not too concerned about damage, i'm thinking about the rocker style.

I decided i'm wearing combat boots, cutoff short shorts, and a graphic tee... what kind of hair styles, half-up or up, would match that style and stay firm?
    "Her hair went streaming out from her, till it spread like a mist over the stars. She flung herself abroad in space." Follow my hairy tale on tumblr!

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Clem_Dela View Post
    Hi everyone, thanks for all the feedback!

I don't know if the beer/vomit/etc is going to be a problem, i'm going with my brother, sister, and their respective best friends and i'm not expecting to be at close quarters with any drunkenness but then again this is my first concert! so i don't really know. Anyway,

I wear my hair down a lot and am not too concerned about damage, i'm thinking about the rocker style.

I decided i'm wearing combat boots, cutoff short shorts, and a graphic tee... what kind of hair styles, half-up or up, would match that style and stay firm?
    that sounds similar to me lol

I would wear a high pony, and then braid it (rope braid would look hella cool),

that way its up and out of your face, but you still show off length and it looks pretty edgy.
    Long-haired, cat mom, and proud of it!
    =^..^=
    _( m )~~ <3

Type
    2a/M/iii

update;

i finally decided! I committed hair sin this morning and straightened my hair to show off the length of it, and now it's in a bun until later.

I'm going to leave it down with very small fishtail accent braids through the body of it. I'm also thinking i'll have one fishtail braid crossing like a headband behind my bangs.

what do you think?