Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Hair hazards you never expected

Length
    chin/bsl/class
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Hair hazards you never expected

Oh my hair gets stuck everywhereeeee. Plastic chairs, in wood grain from my bed... I once got it stuck in the buckle of my heel on a night out when i went to adjust them. Emabarrasingly i also once got it stuck in a girls piercing ermm..in a rather akward place. That wasnt fun for either of us!

Length
    8/4/24
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

When I was 12 I used to sleep with a fan on my nightstand cause my hair would make me very hot and I rolled over in my sleep and flipped my hair like normal as to not get strangled, and then I heard the fan binding and grinding. I later woke my parents with a fan hanging from my hair and my mom spent atleast an hour trying to save my hair. the fan was trash

Length
    sl/APL/wl+
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

Managed to pull out a chunk of my UBL hair getting out of bed too quickly when my suit jacket was hanging next to it
    Lady Cuilpantiel Of The Raven Tower in the Order of the Longhaired Knights.
    The Few, The Proud, The Vaguely Creepy

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Button-flap back pocket jeans!
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v

Type
    2a/C/iii

Today, I managed to get a small cut on my thumb while untangling my hair. I didn't notice it at first; then I thought it was a paper cut; and finally I realized it was a "hair cut".
    Ed
    If there's something strange with your long hair / Who you gonna call? / L-H-C! (sung to the tune of Ghostbusters)

Jack of All Braids meishkamooshka's Avatar
    Length
    APL/Waist/Long!
    Type
    2a/F/M/iii

Almost drowning when you pretend you're a mermaid swimming with your hair down, doing something wrong and ending up suffocating under your mane of hair.....

Can I call this hip?
    Next stop: BCL!

Length
    ???/waist/TBL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I've had lots of horrible things happen to my hair over the years, like most of you it's been caught in car doors, car windows, the seat belt gets me daily! I've had it munched on several occasions by hairdryers and brushes, in fact that was the deciding factor to go from waist length to 1 inch hair was getting a brush caught in it.... i just couldn't take it any more.

When my hair got to APL i had to start braiding it, i woke up most mornings with my hair under my armpits, the first time it happened i thought i was paralysed!!
    Even my sleep braid isn't safe any more, i wake up with my partner rolling on to it and boy does that hurt!

I haven't had anything bad happen to my hair recently, other than it being dunked in the fish tank tonight trying to save some babies.... i wonder if it makes a good hair softener.... lol

I must wash it tomorrow.....

nic
    x

Length
    1 in/54 in/term
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Walking the dog my hair got blown up and into this tall bush's limbs. As he tugged on the leash I'm pulling branches down to untangle my hair and trying to pin the rest against my body so it doesn't blow up into the bush as well.

Laying my hair over the back of my chair at work I turned the chair to get up only to realize the chair back had pinned my hair to the wall. I did that hilarious get up get jerked back then before the chair rocked forward to release me into a puddle on the floor. My boss thought it was hilarious.

Length
    1 in/54 in/term
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by luxepiggy View Post
    Button-flap back pocket jeans!
    Goodness I hadn't anticipated that one thanks for the heads up.

Length
    10/42/44
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Great thread! I've enjoyed reading (and giggling over a few) stories.

I work in IT so I've had a few accidents:

Working on a computer with the case open - got my hair stuck in one of the fans.

Working in a network closet, replacing a UPS that failed. Got my hair sucked into the fan on the switch (didn't get stuck thankfully).

I have to keep it ponytailed when running cable in false ceilings because it gets stuck in the ceiling tile support wires (and the hinges of the ladder I'm standing on).

I brushed my hair after I got back from a job I was on and found something stuck in a few of the end hairs. It turned out to be candle wax! Pretty scary to think about what could have happened.

The one that really makes me nuts is when I kneel on the floor to retrieve pet toys from under the bed. All the dogs follow me to see what I'm doing - and stand on my hair so I can't move! I have BIG dogs.