Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you get compliments by men on your long hair?

Default Do you get compliments by men on your long hair?

Sorry I should have titled "compliments by men".

Anyway Im just wondering since men like long hair on women and they notice it more.

I had a compliment by a person who I worked with who was a guy and said my hair was long and thick. And then he started talking about his mums hair lol And my dad likes long hair too, when I was a child I kept it short and he prefers long hair on my mum me and my sister.

But my cousin keeps saying why don't I cut my hair and make it short?

So do you get compliment from men, whether it is your husband or strangers?
    Last edited by Dreamkitty; January 10th, 2013 at 06:24 AM.

Length
    14/14.5/25
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Do you get compliments by men on your long hair?

My hair is bsl, I have more compliments on it than when it was shoulder length
    Grew from apl to waist, now starting back over!
    Lady Ariadne of Wales, enemy of the English crown in the order of the LHK!
    Ear length- Chin length-SL- APL-BSL-WAIST

Length
    Waist/Hip/Class
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I had a compliment a few weeks ago, from my dear Grandad He told me he liked my hair, and I thought he was referring to the colour as I have gone from an unnatural red/purple to dark brown, he said "No, no, not the colour, the length, it's very nice" Bless him, gave me a warm n' fuzzy

Length
    15/18/25
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

My husband very recently learned that I am part of the LHC ... and he said "that is why you hair is been looking so lovely, shiny and soft lately,..."

He loves my hair long, and before knowing about me on the LHC and after I joined, he would say almost every morning... "I love you hair"... before that, he would only complimented it when I flat ironed (which was very rarely) ...

I am going home next week.... and I can wait to hear what my family and high school friends have to say about my hair ... During my teens and while in uni, I had a pixie...

Also, one of my coworkers came back from the holiday break only on Wednesday... that day I was wearing my hair down and with sock bun curls... before saying good morning she said "your hair! oh wow... looks beautiful and is soo long" .... [ I know is not a man, but had to share] lol...

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Not so much, but then again I am around women all day and wear my hair in a bun as I work in a primary school and I am scared of getting head lice!

I have done when I go out, though. Not so much about the length (it's only CBL) but more about the colour and the texture (wavy/curly). It is always nice! My DBF has recently been saying it's cute how I do lots of different styles with it, and he seems to love it when I put it in a high ponytail, as it goes all bushy and big! Haha..
    To bra strap length, and beyond!
    *Pixie*Shag*Jaw*Shoulder*Collarbone*APLBSL

Length
    Apl/Bsl+/Waist
    Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Don't know if it's so much of a compliment as it is just genuine surprise. Most of the time my hair is bunned or braided so when I wear it down I usually get the repeated "Wow, your hair has gotten so long" comments
    SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WAIST-HIP
    **Almost there!!!**

Length
    TBL/FTL+/TRMNL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I get more compliments from men on the internet than I do from men in real life. And sometimes those are tinged with an awkwardness that I'd rather avoid.

I've had compliments on my hair toys (like my d20 and d12 sticks, from gamer guys), but I rarely wear it down outside the home for anyone to say anything about it.
    Current Length: 47" (Fingertip length), 2b/2c, ii, F/M
    Longest ever achieved: 55.5" (Upper Calf Length)

Lady Deipneus of the Gifted Hands in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I got told by my ex that my hair is freakishly long mostly they stare and mine isn't even that long by hair forum standards.
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

grumpy moon princess millyaulait's Avatar
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I do indeed! I'm only BSL but I guess in non-LHC land that is long.

I get lovely compliments mostly from men, but 'you should cut that!' comments from most ladies.

{
    maintaining waist
    & wishing for waves }

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

Yes, constantly, though my hair is not long (somewhere between shoulder and armpit, depending on how stretched it is--it's curly). Men constantly comment on how thick it is, how much they like curls, how healthy it looks and I even get compliments on how pretty my grey hairs look sparkling in there. And whenever I change hairstyles, I get extra compliments, whether I change from curly to straight or vice versa, or up to down, whatever--just if it looks different than usual, people notice, I think.
    My husband does not see the point in complimenting hair as an entity by itself. When he says 'you're pretty', he thinks that should be considered to include everything, and does not think much about hair as opposed to what he would call 'the whole package.' My dad was like this, too. My mother's hair has always been damaged, and as long as I can't remember she always wore wigs, hairpieces, weaves or something to hide it and was always agonizing about it, but my dad was always like, so what, if you're pretty, you're pretty, it's not about the hair. My mother is indeed very pretty still at age 81 (and her hair has been improving since I've been on LHC passing along the advice).
    ETA: I think I get compliments mostly because I have virgin hair worn naturally 99% of the time and people don't see that much so it's striking to see hair that looks natural and healthy. Which mine actually did even before LHC--at least it WAS natural and looked healthy even though it actually had issues.
    Last edited by chen bao jun; January 10th, 2013 at 09:55 AM.