Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: How long does hair have to be before it is considered long?

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Default Re: How long does hair have to be before it is considered long?

Quote Originally Posted by smerrie View Post
    I also know a woman who keeps her hair short, and she will start complaining that it is too long when it hasn't even hit shoulder length.
    My flatmate has a bob and whenever she can pull her hair and it reaches her shoulder she complains it's long, and I've never had hair that short!

Just goes to show how relative it is, I suppose.
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Long Haired Bible Thumper Debra83's Avatar
    Length
    ear/bsl/HIP
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by CindyLea1 View Post
    For me my hair will be long again when I have to move it to tuck in my shirts. I guess that would make it waist.

On others, I think long hair starts about mid back.

Funny how that works, but we have a zillion long haired folks around here. And a high native american population, and it seems the majority of them (both genders) grow their hair long.
    us too in this town. so about 65% of the pop has waist length hair or longer. There's a lady I see once in awhile who is probably just around 5 feet tall, and her hair is blond and ankle length and she always wear's it loose. Then there's an acquaintance of mine who has knee length hair, but she doesn't always wear it loose. It's long and black, and she's less than 5' I'm pretty sure. So when you see these lengths on a regular basis the "normal" line moves down. Short really looks very short and long is starting at waist. That's why I'm not happy happy with my length yet.
    Debra LHBT
    December 25, 2013 - length check -12t/1 cut
    Lady Aedos of the Pureheart Grace in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    chin/SL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

I consider anything shoulder length and beyond to be long. I also consider
    anything beyond BSL to be very long.
    Most women in the part of the country(USA) where I live don't have beyond -shoulder-length after their 20's, although there are a few with longer hair.
    I myself don't consider my top- of -my -BS length to be long at all, however- I won't feel long unless it hits waist length. I was described the other day, however, as "the woman with the long hair."
    Maybe I have "hair anorexia".
    Trying to grow my babyfine hair long/working on going natural

Length
    20/48.5/44
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Babyfine View Post
    I consider anything shoulder length and beyond to be long. I also consider
    anything beyond BSL to be very long.
    Most women in the part of the country(USA) where I live don't have beyond -shoulder-length after their 20's, although there are a few with longer hair.
    I myself don't consider my top- of -my -BS length to be long at all, however- I won't feel long unless it hits waist length. I was described the other day, however, as "the woman with the long hair."
    Maybe I have "hair anorexia".
    Hair anorexia - that's a good way to put it.

I was just talking to my boss & she said that she considers shoulder-length to be long & mine is "extra-long." My dad hates it if his hair (what little hair he does have) gets any longer than a 1/16th of an inch. He starts claiming that he "looks like a hippy" & that people are mistaking him for a woman. I don't always claim him in public.

ETA: Changed the length of Dad's hair from an 1/8th of an inch to 1/16th. That's more accurate.
    Last edited by LadyGunn; May 19th, 2009 at 10:15 AM.
    This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then explode. ~ Captain Mal 'Tightpants' Reynolds

Length
    shldr/38"/long
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

I have felt my hair was long ever since BSL, but that is only because I never had it longer than that before

Length
    Pixie/bsl/tb
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I think it's long around BSL, for the real worlders around here. I think mine will be long when it's halfway between BSL and Waist.

Length
    18/28/45
    Type
    3b/C/ii/iii

I think to someone else in regular modern day society it would be around bra strap length, however I think to yourself it will never be quite long enough and on LHC it is way long!
    soft kitty, warm kitty..

Length
    27/34/40
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

LOL on "long enough to cover the boobs". Too funny. Does anyone remember the tights/hose for girls that had the girl on the cover wearing just the tights and her hair covered her chest? It was one fo the first ad images of long hair that I can remember. I grew up with long hair, raised by hippies in Austin, TX in the early 70's so long hair was the norm. Long to me means longer than BSL.

Length
    chin/SL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LadyGunn View Post
    Hair anorexia - that's a good way to put it.

I was just talking to my boss & she said that she considers shoulder-length to be long & mine is "extra-long." My dad hates it if his hair (what little hair he does have) gets any longer than a 1/16th of an inch. He starts claiming that he "looks like a hippy" & that people are mistaking him for a woman. I don't always claim him in public.

ETA: Changed the length of Dad's hair from an 1/8th of an inch to 1/16th. That's more accurate.
    LOL! I can't claim the expression- I saw it used here a few times.
    But it describes me. My hair was actually to the bottom of my BS but I cut back to shoulders to get rid of old highlights. Before I cut I was getting a lot of "wow your hair is long comments" even though I didn't consider myself long at all looking at the heads of hair here. But I do consider other people with SL, BSL and on long.
    Trying to grow my babyfine hair long/working on going natural

Length
    16/32.5/50
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

I see hair on other people from BSL (hmmm, what's the equivilant on men?) and think it's long.

But when my hair was classic length I *knew* it was long, but it didn't feel long to me. I guess because it grows a little at a time so we get use to it as it goes.