Page 140 of 851 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240640 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    neck/shld/APL
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/i

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Runzel, you may want to check out these sites for ideas on ingredients to make the thick+creamy+slippery conditioners you are looking for.

MyHoneyChild conditioners

Karen's Body Beautiful

From MHC, I've used the HoneyBerry Conditioner and like it.
    From KBB, I've used samples of the Hair Milk and Hair Nectar. They are both great products; the Hair Nectar is much more moisturizing.

Both of these lines have quite a following at naturallycurly.com, especially KBB.
    May 2010

Length
    SL/BSL/WL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Man! I've been reading this thread for a few days and still haven't gotten through it all

I have a question though about a styling product. My hair is much happier with the CWC method and a very slight oiling at the ends while damp. However I'm sure I need a product to leave in and scrunch. (my canopy gets SOOO frizzy, while the rest is spirals.. it looks rediculous!)

I've seen great reviews about KCNT and the curl custard but to be honest, I really can't afford those right now. Can anyone possibly reccomend me something for smoothing, curl definition, and a bit of hold that I might be able to find locally or for not that much money?

Type
    3b/3c/F/M/ii/iii

I've read that a lot of curlies need volume on their roots and they use pins to get it.
    The last thing in the world that I need is volume on my roots! My hair is exactly the contrary, lots of volume near the scalp, and then kind of thin down the length. Anyone else like this? What do you do about it?

Length
    17 in/19 in/30 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Hi everyone!

I have natural curls that really 'want' to come out but the top layer of my hair is frizzy wavy. Any product recommendations??

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by curls2grow View Post
    Popping in to say that this thread got my curiosity up about KCKT and KCCC. I'd been reading about them here and on NC.com and when I read posts about it being available at some Whole Foods, I figured it was worth seeing if mine carried it. So last night, I ran into WF for whole wheat penne, came out with that and the other two, too!

So now they are in the house and I am actually nervous about trying them. I think I will give them a go tomorrow and Tuesday (I'm off both days for the long weekend) and then I can see how they do for me with WO washed hair and CO washed hair.

Also, are there any curlies/wurlies posting in this thread that have gray or major salt/pepper as their natural hair color? I'm having issues with balancing moisture -- my hair seems really dry -- with graying curls as they grow longer.
    I color but my hair has quite a bit of gray without it. I use a leave-in and a LOT of it. I also oil damp a lot and wash very infrequently.

Quote Originally Posted by curls2grow View Post
    This morning I took the plunge and tried the KCKT and KCCC combo. I was pleasantly surprised with my newbie results, since I was usure how much of each product would really work for me. I made sure not to touch while air-drying (although I did do some patting; I was intrigued by how crunchy the curls were). It scrunched out well. I even applied a bit more after I scrunched out, because some places needed more coverage to control the curl.

My curls looked pretty, natural (mostly formed curls with a few pieces that were not so cooperative), more shiny than usual, no wet look on my scalp like I usually get from my other gel, soft to the touch after scrunching, and I like the smell of the products.

I cannot believe how long it took me to get my act together and finally try this stuff! I still have more experimenting to do, but I'm just so happy that I liked the stuff my first try. Will post with more updates after more tries.
    Glad you like it! I do too, I rotate it with pink Boot's which I also love.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleAshes View Post
    I've read that a lot of curlies need volume on their roots and they use pins to get it.
    The last thing in the world that I need is volume on my roots! My hair is exactly the contrary, lots of volume near the scalp, and then kind of thin down the length. Anyone else like this? What do you do about it?
    Hmmmmmmmmm thin down the length? Or flatter and straighter? If it is thin, it could be breaking if it is not layered or it is getting thicker and healthier as the new growth comes in and you are taking better care of it. If it has layers that could also cause that if they are too heavy or cut wrong.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Ugh.

Karen's Body Beautiful's hair nectar did nothing for me. I think it was the wax.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by angelakeats View Post
    Hi everyone!

I have natural curls that really 'want' to come out but the top layer of my hair is frizzy wavy. Any product recommendations??
    Welcome angelakeats. I had the exact same problem but I could get nothing at all to work. Last week I got my hair layered and finally the curls came back. I am using Potion 9 on wet hair and it keeps the frizz down to nothing and really holds the curls well.

Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleAshes View Post

I have the volume thing on the scalp area too. I like it a lot. I love BIG hair, lol.
    Guess that wasn't helpful though.

Length
    17 in/19 in/30 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Thank you Jessie58.
    I used to use Potion 9 (love the smell) but I was straightening my hair at the time. Now I don't straighten anymore. WIll try this one.
    I have been using pumpkin potion but find it does nothing to my hair.
    Thanks!

Lover of Rainbows & Curls Quixii's Avatar
    Length
    0?/knee+/knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Oh, my hair does worse in the summer, usually. It looks prettier in colour, but it's so much frizzier. My pretty curls look more and more like frizzy waves instead. =(
    Though this last summer they didn't go away in the winter, which I was particularly disappointed about.