View Poll Results: Do you prefer Dymondwood or Regular Wood Hairtoys?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • I adore Dymondwood Hairtoys!

6 7.79%
  • Give me Regular Wooden Hairtoys!

26 33.77%
  • I like both!

39 50.65%
  • I prefer all my hairtoys to be made of CHEESE!

6 7.79%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dymondwood or Regular Wood?

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Default Dymondwood or Regular Wood?

Which do you prefer, and why?

Do you love the vibrance of dymondwood hair toys or do you drool over the earthiness of wood in its natural state?

Personally, I like regular wood. I love the colors and the depth of grain and how alive it feels.
    Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.

Length
    23/39/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Default Re: Dymondwood or Regular Wood?

this is a toss up for me. i generally don't like the look of dymondwood, the colors tend to look a little tacky to me, but i do like that they're more water resistant than natural woods. so, functionwise, i prefer dymondwood, but in terms of appearance, i love natural woods.
    "But the back seat of the drive-in is so lonely without you"

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I have both but I must say I like the look of the wood best. I checked both though.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Regular wood

I have a few dymondwood sticks, but the natural beauty of the real thing is unmatched.

And then there's that whole issue of dymondwood releasing formaldehyde and potentially causing scalp irritation that turns me off. I have no issues with mine, but it'd suck to be one of the people that does

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    short/15"/23"
    Type
    2c/F/iii

I really like both.

When I first started to grow my hair and collect hair toys I bought mostly dymondwood. I was doing a lot of wet bunning then. Then I cut my hair and sold off the majority of what I had. Now though, since I'm more sensitive, I have mostly regular wood. I do have a few pieces of dymondwood, but not like before. But I'm not damp bunning anymore either.

Length
    20"/43"/40"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

I also like both. When I'm brightly dressed I like my dymondwood, when I'm wearing more earth tones I like my real wood, ah heck when I'm not brightly dressed but feel the need for something funky I'll grab a dymondwood toy. I also really like that I can put dymondwood in wet hair since my hair holds on to wetness for so freaking long. I also like having toys that don't blend in with my hair color, I like them to really stand out. I have an oak fork that does stand out in a nice and subtle way, but I also have a green dymondwood stick that stands out too.

Ummmm I'm a bit of a loud personality in nearly every way you can conceive someone being loud - so the dymondwood tends to match that pretty well.
    I'm not ADHD, it's just... Do you like cookiesSewing Blog!

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I much prefer the look of natural wood, and I didn't even know about the formaldehyde. Yikes!

That said, I love love love aquapearl for wet hair. (There's nothing creepy off-gassing from that, is there?),

Length
    chin/33/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I have two dyamondwood ketylos that I have every intention of keeping. They are very subtle though: charcoal and a very dark bluish grey. I wear them a lot in either wet or dry hair. I also like them because they are longer than I need--7 inches. But I don't care for my dyamondwood fork, or at least I don't care for the color. It's camo dymondwood which goes with a lot of the colors I wear on a regular basis, but it's too gaudy for me. It does however have an amazing finish and shine that I love. That said I prefer my natural wood forks; they are more my style and I love the beauty of the natural wood!

I think though it's a matter of coloring. I might try the cocobolo dymondwood since it looks more natural...but in general I don't care much for dymondwood. I think the camo fork needs to be posted on the swap board.

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I like both, preferring brown or black wood sticks where there is a bead topper, but I've just bought a camo dymondwood fork and my first stick was a little Catstyle tapestry one. I wouldn't consider either of them gaudy, but then I like colourful things

I do like the indigo and blue/green dymondwood colours. Oh, and I have a pink stripey Papadonh twist, which is lovely.

I'm also kind of hankering after a nice dark wooden fork though...

Length
    17"/38.5/45
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I like the dymond ones when my hair is damp or if I am sleeping. I prefer the look of the natural wood ones, though. the dymond just looks plastic to me.
    You grow girl!