Page 252 of 285 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 2843

Thread: Catnip for split ends?

Length
    20./27/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: Catnip for split ends?

Catnip will not penetrate conditioner so maybe that is why you are not seeing results. It only works on clean hair, the oils in conditioner are a barrier. When I soak my hair in catnip, it acts as a conditioner and I can comb right through it before rinsing.

Could you leave the catnip on for 5-10 minutes? Maybe that would be enough to help. My hair is fragile and splits easily so I know how much the catnip helped me.

As far as oily hair, I used to wash every other day because my scalp was so oily it looked wet. Turns out the more you wash, the more the oil glands produce. There are threads on stretching washes, if you are interested. I now wash my hair every 5 days or so and my scalp does not produce anywhere near as much oil as it used to. Good luck with whatever your try!
    AKA MotoGirl... August 2014 - WAIST! Four years after growing out from bald due to chemo.

Length
    21,5/24,4/29,5
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

I'm bad at English, so I've probably formulated wrong, but I do not use conditioner before catnip, but after .. It should't destroy the effect?
    I've tried to stretch the washing, but I produce just as much oil as always though I've gone 2 months without washing with shampoo!

Length
    22,85/30.30/32
    Type
    1b/C/iii

I just ordred catnip from ebay!!

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by CashmereHair View Post
    I'm bad at English, so I've probably formulated wrong, but I do not use conditioner before catnip, but after .. It should't destroy the effect?
    I've tried to stretch the washing, but I produce just as much oil as always though I've gone 2 months without washing with shampoo!
    This may help you, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&articleid=118

Length
    21,5/24,4/29,5
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

Ktani: Thanks, but I've already read your article (It was actually the one who motivated me to read more about Catnip and try it out) But I do not find out about the damage effect to use conditioner after catnip treatment? .. I also have not tried to get catnip in the scalp, but only in the lengths because I'm afraid it will oil my scalp more than normally .. What is your experience whit very oliy scalp? I know I just can experiment with it myself, but I am always very cautious in terms of my hair..

I'm sorry if I annoy you all with my many questions, but I've read most of this thread and are still confused - I just want to do it right :-)

Quote Originally Posted by CashmereHair View Post
    Ktani: Thanks, but I've already read your article (It was actually the one who motivated me to read more about Catnip and try it out) But I do not find out about the damage effect to use conditioner after catnip treatment? .. I also have not tried to get catnip in the scalp, but only in the lengths because I'm afraid it will oil my scalp more than normally .. What is your experience whit very oliy scalp? I know I just can experiment with it myself, but I am always very cautious in terms of my hair..

I'm sorry if I annoy you all with my many questions, but I've read most of this thread and are still confused - I just want to do it right :-)
    My scalp is not oily and catnip does not make it so.

If you use conditioner and no shampoo to remove it and then use catnip and do not remove that with shampoo, you will have build-up.

Even if you use shampoo, it does not remove conditioner in one shampoo and catnip used over residual conditioner will in my experience not work well, or as well as it can over clean hair with no build-up or residual coatings on it.

Length
    21,5/24,4/29,5
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

Okay I actually thought I removed the build up with my Paul Mitchell Clarifying Shampoo? But it must be because it didn't removed the conditioner well enough the catnip could't give me soft hair?

Thank you! Now, I think I understand I must completly give up my beloved conditioner

Length
    Shldr/BSL+/?
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii

Okay, a little strange question .. but when I had cats, I used to sometimes buy catnip spray that they loved. Think it was just catnip and water in it (it was a few years ago so maybe I am wrong) .. Could this work??

Length
    shldr/shldr/Waist
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    My scalp is not oily and catnip does not make it so.

If you use conditioner and no shampoo to remove it and then use catnip and do not remove that with shampoo, you will have build-up.

Even if you use shampoo, it does not remove conditioner in one shampoo and catnip used over residual conditioner will in my experience not work well, or as well as it can over clean hair with no build-up or residual coatings on it.
    Katani, can you please post a link or info where you buy the catnip , thanks a lot

I have very damaged hair from hair extensions, permanent hair straightening and chemically dyes, just started to take care of my hair recently, Dec.2011

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirlla View Post
    Katani, can you please post a link or info where you buy the catnip , thanks a lot
    I have always bought it locally in Toronto, Canada, not much help to you where you live.

However, this may help you, http://www.hagen.com/#.