Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Most annoying growth stage?

Length
    17.5"/36"/37"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Most annoying growth stage?

any of the transition lengths when the current *go to* styles no longer work and I don't yet know anything to do at the new length
    2015: 7" growth~~~2016: 5" growth
    Jan. 1, 2017: 36"
    hoping for virgin tailbone Summer, 2017

Length
    pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

For me the worst is growing shoulder to APL. It's got to be the most boring look in the Universe for my hair type!

Length
    Buzz/8-11/APL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Angry Re: Most annoying growth stage?

I'm going to agree with the ladies on the pixie. As a gent, I started with a buzz cut with a spikey, flip up front. I'd say there are a few points that make you want to quit... Like the wonderful poofy time when the sides stick out unless you use a glue like substance. The point when that back looks like a mullet. The time when certain pieces flip and curl uncontrollably than make you yearn for scissors.

I wish I could comment on the beyond APL length. I guess ask me again in a year or two...

Length
    16/20/60
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

For me it's getting past APL. It's unbelievably frusterating having to wait for it to grow long again so I can fix it the way I want.

Length
    16/20/60
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

For me it's getting past APL. It's unbelievably frustrating having to wait for it to grow long enough again so I can fix it the way I want.

For me it's right around where I am now.. MBL. I've been feeling very bad about it since APL+. So all the way APL+...MBL has been awkward for me. I'm just hoping that it gets better because I get the urge to chop on a daily basis.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence.

Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I'm going to agree with the ladies on the pixie. As a gent, I started with a buzz cut with a spikey, flip up front. I'd say there are a few points that make you want to quit... Like the wonderful poofy time when the sides stick out unless you use a glue like substance. The point when that back looks like a mullet. The time when certain pieces flip and curl uncontrollably than make you yearn for scissors.

I wish I could comment on the beyond APL length. I guess ask me again in a year or two...
    I definitely agree with this one for the men! I have watched so many guys attempt to grow out their hair and quit at that point. I think a lot of boys can get away with it because they can just throw a hat over it, however not so much the case as they get older.

I'd be tempted to slick it back entirely and grow a car salesman mustache

Length
    17"/BSL/thigh
    Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

Shoulder to APL!! I've been close to APL for a while now but it just seems to take forever to grow. And I just can't do anything with it at this length. I think I could deal with slow growth if it was longer as I could just put it up and forget about it. Not going to happen at this length though!
    Lady Fainauriel of Purity in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Buzz/8-11/APL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by mzBANGBANG View Post
    I definitely agree with this one for the men! I have watched so many guys attempt to grow out their hair and quit at that point. I think a lot of boys can get away with it because they can just throw a hat over it, however not so much the case as they get older.

I'd be tempted to slick it back entirely and grow a car salesman mustache
    Ahh, yes, the infamous hat trick. Its what I'd like to call a nice idea, but some jobs (mine included) don't let you wear hats. At least not indoors. So no hats for me, not that I really ever where any...

Now when it comes to slicking it back, I have been known to do something like that. "Slicking" makes me think of something like a used car salesmen you should avoid . Rather, I like just combing it back so I don't always see a part.

I did forget one more bad thing about the awkward stage... COWLICKS! Yea, they are horrible to deal with. Thankfully I'm past that stage.

warm weather enthusiast mrs_coffee's Avatar
    Length
    PIXIE/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

When I was at shoulder length I thought it was awkward, but now that I'm APL it is seriously driving me crazy. I have layers so I can't really do anything cute with it, but I really don't like the way it looks *without* layers. I figure I'm learning some patience, which I can always use. If I can wait out the APL stage I will be much better off, I think (I hope!).