Page 792 of 1107 FirstFirst ... 292692742782790791792793794802842892 ... LastLast
Results 7,911 to 7,920 of 11061

Thread: Hair-Toy Addicts...Check In Here!

Gregorian Enchantress Theobroma's Avatar
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Hair-Toy Addicts...Check In Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Mina17 View Post
    Venefica I love the glass arrow! I wanted one so badly but didn't get to it before they were removed . Now it is too late .
    When were the glass arrows removed? Even the sold items seem to have vanished from his shop! What happened?

Cold and rainy Sotra in Norway the land of trolls.
    Length
    Chin/Thigh/Calf
    Type
    1a/M/C/iii

What happened was that another store owner, Wishful Frog Designs, accused Pacific Mercantile of copying her design since she to make arrow head topped hairsticks. I however think the whole issue is stupid since they have very different designs on their hairsticks and in addition the basic concept is so...well basic, it is the typical bound arrow head it do not take much of a stretch to think two people came up with the same idea. Also on PM's Facebook wall there is a message other people pointed out to him someone who sold arrow heads and asked if he could put them on hairsticks. Here I think WFD is 100 percent wrong, but she did take the case to Etsy who then removed PM's arrows.

Here is a ling to one of EFD's designs, and you see that while there are similarities, other than the fact that both uses an miniature version of an old type arrow as a basis for the design, something others have done in jewelry and other decorations many times, then it is not very similar.
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/45402579...head-hairstick

Things like this piss me off. I am all for protecting artist's copyright but there have to be bounds of reason. When a design is very basic you can not accuse everyone who comes up with the same of copying you, and especially not when there is proof that PM got the idea from people on his facebook page and from his friend who makes arrowheads.

Bet yes, that is what happens. If you drop by PM's Facebook age however he posts pictures of the new arrows that he makes and if you contact him you can buy them directly from him.

Gregorian Enchantress Theobroma's Avatar
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Thanks for all that background, Venefica! I agree, the concept is very basic, one might as well try to patent the mere idea of a hairstick shaped like an arrow. Hard luck for PM.

Unfortunately I don't use Facebook, but I bought a couple of gorgeous loose arrowheads from Desert Knapper recently and am planning to put them on my own hairsticks at some point. I just need to find the time to work on the project!

Cold and rainy Sotra in Norway the land of trolls.
    Length
    Chin/Thigh/Calf
    Type
    1a/M/C/iii

Good luck with the hairsticks you are making. I am sure they will end up looking amazing.

Length
    APL/Clsc/Clsc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

That sucks about Ed's arrows. I really like mine, and was thinking, when I bought the first one, that I would probably want to buy one or two others.
    I had a look at the WFD ones, which look nice enough, though I'm not enthusiastic about the dangly bits on her arrows.
    I've sent Ed a convo where I ask about possibly buying direct from him. I'm sure something can be worked out.

ETA: I got an answer from him quite quickly, and he'll definitely be interested in selling his hair arrows (which he'll rename Atlatl darts and Soultrean spears - those predate the bow and arrow) "outside" Etsy. so I think there will no problem getting more arrows - I mean Atlatl darts.
    Last edited by Alvrodul; May 11th, 2012 at 11:11 AM.
    Lady Northern Lights, Keeper of the Gates of Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    16/23/26
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Venefica View Post

Things like this piss me off. I am all for protecting artist's copyright but there have to be bounds of reason. When a design is very basic you can not accuse everyone who comes up with the same of copying you, and especially not when there is proof that PM got the idea from people on his facebook page and from his friend who makes arrowheads.
    I feel exactly the same way about this issue Venefica. I think the accusation of copying was a big stretch and not appropriate in this situation.

Alvrodul I'm glad to hear there will still be an opportunity to get one of Ed's "arrow" hair sticks. I don't care for the dangly bits on the other arrow sticks either, and what I really like about PM's are the colors of the glass arrow heads.
    Last edited by Mina17; May 11th, 2012 at 06:34 PM.

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

my gosh, I was just looking at those on etsy yesterday thinking how cool they were! Glad to know I can still get them.

Length
    short/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Even I thought of the idea to have arrows like hairsticks before I ever saw one anywhere. Really how hard is it to get from hair swords to hair arrows? And while I have neither the skill nor material etc to even think of starting making them, I am sure there could be others like that who do.

I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith. Looking for Large Aqua Border and Large Multistripe Blue and Silver Ficcare Maximas.

Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

ok I was just able to buy one of the Pacific Merchantile arrows, so maybe I am not thinking of the same kind you all are, because it was still there. It looks cool. I'm going to wear it when I take my son to the archery range to practice shooting his bow.

Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

But I'm not a hair toy addict or anything...