Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair hazards you never expected

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Hair hazards you never expected

So there I was, laying on my back on the massage table, my hair spilling over the edge, the massage therapist sitting on a rolly stool working the knots out of my neck, when ow! ow! ow! She rolled the stool onto my hair!

What happened to you?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    15/47/50?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Default Re: Hair hazards you never expected

I was walking to the store yesterday with my fiance when a HUGE gust of wind blew my hair all around my head.
    Next thing I know...
    I inhaled a long chunk of my hair, then almost immediately pulled it out. I spent the next few minutes hacking and coughing while still being able to feel it in there.

Type
    1c/F/ii

Here's one for the smokers. Had a small bit of cig left and needed both hands to function as I was getting out of my car, so I was holding it in my mouth. Cue gust of wind. Guess it's going to take me a little bit longer to grow out the fringe :-| needless to say I have never let that one happen again.

I have a mini travel hair dryer that I leave at my boyfriend's house. One day I was using it and out of nowhere, the back of the hair dryer started EATING my hair. After a couple sobs and realizing the only way I was going to get out of that one was to cut it out... that thing went immediately in the trash can. A blessing in disguise.
    Last edited by mzBANGBANG; March 14th, 2012 at 09:42 AM. Reason: clarification

Length
    1/34.6"/41
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

My hair got stuck on my back behind my bra strap. And not only that but it managed to tangle itself around the hooks to the point where I couldn't get my bra off and had to let DH cut me free.
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 CL 15 16 17 18 SL 20 21 22 23 APL 25 26 27 BSL 28 29 30 31 32 WL 34 35 36 HL 38 39 40 TB

Length
    bsl/hips/clss+
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by mzBANGBANG View Post
    I have a mini travel hair dryer that I leave at my boyfriend's house. One day I was using it and out of nowhere, the back of the hair dryer started EATING my hair. After a couple sobs and realizing the only way I was going to get out of that one was to cut it out... that thing went immediately in the trash can. A blessing in disguise.

That also happened to me once, not funny.

I am approaching hip and although very slowly, this new territory already seem hazardous. Last night I slept with loose hair and it somehow slid and got trapped between the bed frame and the mattress. I guess the night bun is kind of obligatory now.
    No trims in 2012
    No more shedding..No more shedding..

Length
    bsl/hips/clss+
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MinderMutsig View Post
    My hair got stuck on my back behind my bra strap. And not only that but it managed to tangle itself around the hooks to the point where I couldn't get my bra off and had to let DH cut me free.
    I hope he cut the bra and not your hair!
    No trims in 2012
    No more shedding..No more shedding..

Length
    pixie/28/Hip
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Getting into the car quickly on a windy day, I closed the car door on my hair.
    (my hair was at the top of the door, I'm only apl)

Length
    1/34.6"/41
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Shesta View Post
    I hope he cut the bra and not your hair!
    With the prices of bras these days? I'd rather cut the hair.

Fortunately he only had to cut a little and because my hair is plenty wavy I didn't even have to trim the rest to match because it blended right in.
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 CL 15 16 17 18 SL 20 21 22 23 APL 25 26 27 BSL 28 29 30 31 32 WL 34 35 36 HL 38 39 40 TB

Length
    17/42/30

Me and my brother were young and horsing around in the house. We had this coffee table that had a top for putting tea or whatever on it, 4 legs and something that was like a shelf at the bottom of the legs and above the wheels, maybe for magazines?

We decided it would be an awesome idea if I was to crawl onto the bottom bit of the coffee table and for him to run and push it at the same time. Needless to say it was really fun but my hair was hanging over the edge and got caught on the wheel. Not nice when he was running around the house at top speed. He took my screams as either me having fun or that I was scared and being an annoying brother, he wanted to scare me even further. He didn't stop until he actually realised something was up. I would totally do it again but this time with a hair tie!

Goal met and exceeded, now what?
    I have curly virgin hair which is currently tailbone length un-stretched.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Oh no, Covet! Ouch!