Thread: Manic Panic on dyed hair

Length
    14"/14"/30"

Default Manic Panic on dyed hair

I have been growing my hair out for over a year. I've gained a lot of length but recently got bored with my natural color and went red. Red red. I love it. It rinses out so quickly though and I worry having it dyed all over every 3 weeks will hinder my growth. So.....I'm thinking of using Manic Panic Vampire Red. I want to put it on top of my dyed red. It's pretty faded now and I was going to make an appointment to have it re dyed this weekend before considering Manic Panic. I love the idea because its not damaging at all and I can do it often when it fades. Anyone else know what will happen if I put it ontop of y dyed red? I have naturally light brown. We didn't bleach it before dying it the color it is now an it comes out a bright red. I'm just scared. I don't know why because its semi permanent and it will wash out. Just nervous and want some opinions. Thanks!

Length
    MBL/FTL+/???
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Manic Panic on dyed hair

There shouldn't be a problem usign Manic Panic over dyed red hair. You may end up with something of a demarcation line as your non-processed roots grow out, due to being red over brown rather than red over red. Red dye will always fade fast compared to other colors.

Go ahead and try it! If the worst comes to worst you can always go back to dying it like you were before.
    Wavy and loving it!

Length
    14"/35"/51"
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I did something similar a while back and I really liked how it looked. Since my hair was already more porous from being dyed, the Manic Panic soaked in really well. My best friend and I still use Manic Panic as a weekly or bi-weekly color-enhancing conditioner. She uses their orange dye (I forget what it's called) over dyed copper hair to deposit more color, and I use Raven on the midlengths and ends of my dyed black hair.

Back in black, and growing to the bitter end.

APL ~ BSL ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ Tailbone ~ Butt ~ Classic

Length
    SL/CL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    I did something similar a while back and I really liked how it looked. Since my hair was already more porous from being dyed, the Manic Panic soaked in really well. My best friend and I still use Manic Panic as a weekly or bi-weekly color-enhancing conditioner. She uses their orange dye (I forget what it's called) over dyed copper hair to deposit more color, and I use Raven on the midlengths and ends of my dyed black hair.
    How do you do this (as a color enhancing conditioner). Add it to conditioner? Doesn't it stain everything?

Shoulder--APL--BSL--Waist--Tailbone+
    Disc bun tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1YzsZ_s-U4