Page 46 of 92 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Successful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Successful henna removal. Yes, you are reading this correctly.

Seeshami, that looks amazing!

I wouldn't do that on my own hair though, because for me, whenever I dye my hair with box dye, the peroxide ALWAYS lightens my hair, so it always ends up brassy for me after a while anyway. My hair enjoys turning orange.

Lady Savitri of the Sunlight Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Hiding in the shadows ...

Length
    pixie/BSL/CL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Great results to everyone who has posted pics! Crisdee, I'm anxious to see how your hair turns out. You and I were in very similar places at one point of the hair growing/henna stages. I ended up cutting to a pixie in Oct 2010 to go natural and get rid of the henna. Hope this works out so you don't have to go pixie again!

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnal View Post
    hototogisu What was your hennaed colour before removal? Did you get from red to coppery blond? I could live with coppery , I think I should give this method a go.
    Ah, it's probably misleading that I'm posting here because I never hennaed my hair, I only used conventional dyes. I started a Colour B4 thread in the conventional products board but it was all radio silence, so I figured everyone was talking about Colour B4 here!

Length
    shldr/waist/waist
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Seeshami, that is a great change! How many times did you hennaed your hair? My natural hair color is simmilar to yours (maybe a little darker) and I want to get rid of henna too. I'm trying to lighten it with honey but I'm afraid it won't remove all layers.

Flying the friendly skies CrisDee's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by georgia_peach View Post
    Great results to everyone who has posted pics! Crisdee, I'm anxious to see how your hair turns out. You and I were in very similar places at one point of the hair growing/henna stages. I ended up cutting to a pixie in Oct 2010 to go natural and get rid of the henna. Hope this works out so you don't have to go pixie again!
    GP, that's exactly what I'm afraid I'm going to end up doing, just hacking it all off super short to be done with it!

Strange, I'm finding myself hesitating in using the Oops. Two reasons, I guess - one, the obvious, I have a fear in the back of my mind that I'm gonna do something horrible and end up looking like Bozo the Clown. But two is maybe a little stronger - I've been a redhead for so many years that I'm a little loathe to let it go. Maybe I'll try it this afternoon...

RIP, Manatawny's Sterling Slam Dunk, call name Mutombo. 6/24/2001 - 6/24/2013. Best. Dog. Ever.

The Naughty Mess says.... Seeshami's Avatar
    Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Mirsha View Post
    Thank you Seeshami!

And yay for Muffin keeping around pictures to compare. :P
    Yay for Muffin in general. He's awesome. I love my Muffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeesha View Post
    Seeshami, that is a great change! How many times did you hennaed your hair? My natural hair color is simmilar to yours (maybe a little darker) and I want to get rid of henna too. I'm trying to lighten it with honey but I'm afraid it won't remove all layers.
    I would guess that I put henna in 6 to 8 time. Indigo once accidentally, and 6 to 8 time I have used buxus and cassia. I have also chemically died it 5 times to try and fade out the henna. I also used John freida's go blonder until it was gone, Very very very bad for ends. And I used La Bella's Sun lightening gel. The picture where my hair is virgin under my ribbon bun blond on the top and I have a red streak at my temple is the best picture I have of the "faded" henna.

I have trashed my hair from here to there and brought it back from omg don't touch it it will break to something like what it was with gallons and gallons of deep and repairing conditioner. I would never really recommend all my steps to rid ones head from henna. But the last one I used I haven't seen any damage from and I am happy with calling it mad science and letting people decide for them selves if they want to try it.

If I wasn't insane about having it close to my natural color for the wedding in 2 days I would have never done anything and just grown it out. This is my most silly bridezilla-ness.

Length
    shldr/waist/waist
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Seeshami, thanks for your answer. I also used henna (with indigo) and chemical dyes, so I will deffinitely have to dye my hair to get color that is similar to my natural color. Even if the honey lightening works for me perfectly, it won't remove the chemical dye. Now I just can't decide whether to use color remover or not.

Length
    13/36/Clsc
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Hi!
    I tried to remove some of my henna with colourB4 twice and I have posted the result here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=90573

The Naughty Mess says.... Seeshami's Avatar
    Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Meeesha View Post
    Seeshami, thanks for your answer. I also used henna (with indigo) and chemical dyes, so I will deffinitely have to dye my hair to get color that is similar to my natural color. Even if the honey lightening works for me perfectly, it won't remove the chemical dye. Now I just can't decide whether to use color remover or not.
    Made my hair bright freakin orange, so my vote will always be no for color remover.

Flying the friendly skies CrisDee's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

First update - I did my first application of Color Oops two days ago, finally worked up the nerve. Left it on 3 hours and 45 minutes (fell asleep - oops! ) with a heating pad wrapped loosely around my head (to approximate the heat cap I don't have). Rinsed for 40 total minutes. Shampooed four times, after first five minutes of rinsing, second five, third five and fourth five. Applied Queen Helene cholesterol after 5th five, rinsed another five; applied non-silicone conditioner, rinsed another five; applied conditioner again, rinsed another five. Pic on left is before, on right is just now. I think it's a little less red - after all the henna I have in my hair, I'm pleased that I can even notice any difference after only one application.

RIP, Manatawny's Sterling Slam Dunk, call name Mutombo. 6/24/2001 - 6/24/2013. Best. Dog. Ever.