Page 512 of 875 FirstFirst ... 12412462502510511512513514522562612 ... LastLast
Results 5,111 to 5,120 of 8749

Thread: The Archives: The Merged NW/SO/WO Thread

Length
    Chin/APL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: (Official) Water Only Thread

So I've been WO for a while now, but I have a question. I still "wash" my bangs with baking soda, or occasionally, with shampoo. Does that still mess up the scalp equilibrium? I try not to let the baking soda or shampoo touch the actual scalp.

Length
    APL/BSL/Knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/i/ii

I may try and do WO with your bangs if you need to, but I think with bangs your main problem will be the oils on your face getting on your hair. You may have to go through a transitional phase with your bangs that may be different from the rest of your hair. But if it works, then go for it. I had bangs for a while, and I did anything to just make them behave. LOL

Maybe consider making a dry shampoo? You can use a cornstarch/cocoa mix if you have brunette hair, or just use cornstarch if you have lighter hair.

Length
    4/18/54
    Type
    2b/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: The Official NW/SO Thread

Hello there NW/SO ladies, I have been reading through this thread as I am hoping to start NW by the end of this month. I am coming up to my second week of no water, and am unhappy with how my hair feels after a water only wash once a week, I like more sebum on my hair. I have been doing scritching and brushing twice a day, I am going to start stretching out my water only wash to once every two weeks, then hopefully once a month afterwards. I am enjoying how soft and shiny my hair is, I did notice a change in odor in the first week of stretching wo wash, but once my hair was aired, it was fine. This week my hair smells different but not bad, and I am producing less sebum .
    wild and free

Length
    26/31/36
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii/iii

Hi gnome82 Glad you're getting on well with it so far, I think your plan to ease into it is a good one, I jumped straight in and had a long stretch of greasiness! I think the smell is only noticeable to yourself - my OH couldn't smell anything when I asked him.

Length
    4/18/54
    Type
    2b/F/M/i/ii

Thank You mermaid-nina that's good to know about the smell , I cannot ask my husband as he has no sense of smell, . I do love how soft and shiny my hair is with more sebum on it .
    wild and free

gnome82, that is a very shiny mane!
    And I know what you mean by WO being harsh - it can be quite stripping.
    Sounds like you've got a thoughtful routine going and that you're being sensitive to your hair's needs.
    This thread is teeming with thoughtful and sensitive people,
    I've learned so much from y'all and not just about hair.

Length
    23/33/34
    Type
    1b/1c/C/ii

Hi everyone !

I'm at the begining of my WO ventures (first WO wash january the 20th) and wanted to check in.
    My hair are not great at all but I'm not the kind to stress out about that. In fact, I wonder if my scalp may be affected by my routines since I rarely stress it out and it still gets oily.

Anyway, I'm glad to be reading this thread and joining your efforts.
    Hum... Before WO I shampooed about three times a month since november. Conditioned once every three shampoos. Don't get fooled, I didn't wash enough to be able to wear my hair down all the time.
    My scalp tended to be very oily pretty quickly. That's why I can't picture myself washing every time it gets bad. But using hazelnut oil, the production of sebum seemed to slow down (on my face as well).

Since WO, my roots are oily but not awfully. My ends are dry and that's a worry. I SMP a lot but... doesn't seem effective to me.

I think that's enough of a portrait

Longforthis > for dandruffs, if you concidered using yogourt on your scalp to apply topical probiotics, I read a lot of times that it should be fat free or it might make your scalp smelling bad.

Wish you all the best hair days !
    Last edited by Dziip; February 12th, 2013 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Oops, error about the kind of nut.... How nutty I am :P

Length
    5mm/H/5mm-S/:-P
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Hey gnome82! Welcome to the thread!

Yeah, nothing beats the silkiness factor of NW/SO.
    Please be prepared though, your hair might fluctuate from where it is, many times before it settles down. I had it in my head I was going to go through the transition like cakewalk, but NoooOOoo, I happened to be one of the greasiest bedheads alive for a few weeks. I thought it would be easier for me because my first 2.5 weeks my hair was virtually sebum free after 9 months of WO and stretching out my washes. Anyway, just be realistic with yourself and the mental aspect will be easier handled. And don't forget massage! It's SMP for a reason.

We'll be here rooting for you!!!

----------------------------------------------

Okay all you NW/SOers! I have finally decided to go for it and give me some longish bangs. Right now my "bangs" are just above my breasts, so they've grown a bit since my last trim. Ha ha! I won't take much length off the rest, but I'm only going to cut up to my cheekbones for now for the bangs, that will give me some versatility. Hopefully, since I've got over a year on my belt, my scalp won't freak out and spray sebum like a Tom cat in a new neighbourhood.

And remember boys and girls and all those in between, if you're going to cut your hair, moisturizing your ends afterwards is a really good idea.
    NW/SO since January 20, 2012 ... ... ... ...

Type
    1a/C/ii/iii

Almost one year of NW/SO. It wasn't all smooth sailing...

I was thinking that I should WO when I took this pic:

My hair has never looked so nice~

Though it feels a bit greasy to my hands... Good thing I bought that spray bottle. (I'll be spritzing more often.)

Oooo Bedhead, this is exciting!
    Shall you do it yourself?? I would.
    And what would you recommend to moisturize ends after a trim?
    Big high5s

shirohane -
    OMG what an inspiring image!
    Last edited by proo; February 13th, 2013 at 09:46 AM.