Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: LOTR-lovers!

Length
    19/30 in/TBL37
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Default Re: LOTR-lovers!

I am so excited for the hobbit! like really really excited! It comes out the day after my finals so I can't really guarantee I will be up for anything special, but ideally I would either do Galadriel like waves or a half up with a fish braid, to be a little elvish.
    "I cannot live without my life. I cannot live without my soul."
    Heathcliff

Length
    15"/39.2"/42"CL
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I really can't wait to see it I am originally from Wellington and am looking forward to going home over Xmas and seeing all the cool sculptures and the exciting LOTR vibe I loved during the first 3 films. I haven't decided what to do with my hair. Probably some kind of elven looking half up. I will have to think about it!

No special plans for hair, but do want to see the 3D version. DS19 is very excited about seeing it in 3D. He also has long hair, as do DW and DD15, we all do.

I think it's going to be a bit cold to go with bare feet so we can pretend to be hobbits, LOL!

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

Lol. I'm going to be too busy drooling over Martin Freeman and his acting to care about my hair.

That's right. Martin Freeman can perform minor miracles. He can make me forget about my hair!
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Maybe my Sting Letter opener will come in the mail in time for a hair dagger. I might paint the blade with blue and also glow in the dark nail polish, like a member on another forum did. I don't think it would glow so much as to be distracting, but I could always sit on the back row if that's the case.

Length
    27.6/TBL/Clsc
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

DBF has the Sting letter opener. I will go to the movie with that beauty in my hair
    Regular 0.4" trims to thicken up the hemline while sloooowly growing to classic

Length
    short/42 cm/100cm
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Maybe I'll simply wear my hair down, for a change. Lately I'm mostly wearing updos. I'd love to do something really special with my hair, but I'm afraid I'm not very good at intricate hairdos yet. Can't wait to see the movie!

Length
    Chin/Class/? :)
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I've been very active in greyhound rescue for nearly ten years, and Peta has proven themselves to be not only NOT an animal welfare organization, but quite the opposite. They are a group of extremists preying on people's emotions and using that advantage to raise money, and in the meantime, they stymie the efforts of others who are trying to actually help animals. Unfortunately, they also sucker a lot of innocent and gullible people out of their money in the meantime. I pay zero mind to anything they have to say about animal treatment, they've proven themselves to me to have little value when it comes to animal welfare.

Length
    32/41/43+
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I'm going as a hobbit, so will try and do something hobbity with my hair. For the LOTR marathon in the local cinema a few weeks ago I wore a costume (this, only with a new skirt: http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...31215543-1.jpg), and had my hair in a braid with little paper roses stuck in it. If I can get some bigger fake flowers I'll make a flower garland of sorts. Wavy classic length hair ain't exactly hobbity, and it won't curl, so I'll probably braid or loosely bun it.

I need to say something smart here? O.o

Length
    APL?/TBL/100cm
    Type
    1b/M/ii

We might be going to see the movie as a big group. Not necessarily right when it comes out but a couple of days after. So if my girl friends will dress up, I will, but otherwise I might just put on something slightly elvenlike and do my hair in a half up.

Suggestion for hobbit feet that can stand the cold:

Make or get skin colored woolly socks (or other thick-ish socks that you don't care about getting dirrrty from the bottom) in a big size that can fit around your shoes. Then stitch some woolly yarn or some kind of other hair-looking things on top of the sock to be pretend foot-hair. You can make a few stitches (or draw with a marker) in places where the betweens of toes are to make them appear more like feet.
    If you want big feet, have big enough socks, some random stuffing (like old socks) and want to have toes in your feet, stuff the tips of the socks and put the socks on your shoes. Then stitch through the stuffed tip in the betweens of toes places. This will make the toes more 3D and your feet big like the hobbits have.

Hip ---- BCL -- TBL -- 100 cm of hair!
    Growing my virgin roots since the end of 2011. Maintaining at TBL+ in 2015!