Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You thought YOU had a bad hair day?

Length
    APL/MBL/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii/iii

Default You thought YOU had a bad hair day?

The danish women's magazine, "Woman", had a contest on their website - the woman with the worst hair day would win a set of Tressemme hair products. Lots of people posted pictures, and oh my they could use some LHC advice. It's not that I'm happy that their hair is so badly cared for, but it's nice to see that other people can have seriously bad hair days too, and it reminds me why I'm not doing all that hair-damaging stuff anymore.

The girl who won the contest wrote, that she had thick, waistlength, dark brown hair. Then she visited her hair stylist, who convinced her that blonde hair would look better on her. At first she was sceptical, but she agreed to do it. Afterwards, her hair fell of in big chunks and turned orange. She had to pixie her hair because of the extreme damage. Poor girl! I'm sure her stylist was envious of her tresses - if not, she was extremely unskilled.

I know that most of you don't understand danish, but I think the pictures speak for themselves.

Here is a link:
    http://woman.dk/article/34597?ignore_hidden=true

Default Re: You thought YOU had a bad hair day?

I believe some stylists are scissor happy and enjoy having been given the power to wreck long beautiful hair, especially when they don't and will never have it. I checked the link and only saw a woman with lighter coloured hair. No before shots. However, I don't know if TLHC allows links and photos that have to do with long hair being cut off. I am pretty sure I read that somewhere!

The Last Hairbender Dreams_in_Pink's Avatar
    Length
    pob/Hip/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by pinchbeck View Post
    However, I don't know if TLHC allows links and photos that have to do with long hair being cut off. I am pretty sure I read that somewhere!
    As far as i remember, it was forced haircut stories which are banned here. I don't think these women were "forced" though; hairdresser advised something and they said" umm...okay then" it was up to them to stand up and walk away, turn on the pc and sign up here, where people would give better advice on what to do with the hair they've got

poor women
    Last edited by Dreams_in_Pink; January 19th, 2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: grammar :/

Chin /// Shoulder /// APL /// BSL ///Waist /// Hip /// BCL /// Tailbone /// Classic (final goal) /// All one length Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Dreams_in_Pink View Post
    As far as i remember, it was forced haircut stories which are banned here.
    Good to know. There was one before and after video on Youtube where a longhair actually looked like a supermodel when her hair was cut to bsl. I wanted to share this because it was one example of a haircut that did not go bad!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreams_in_Pink View Post
    I don't think these women were "forced" though; hairdresser advised something and they said" umm...okay then" it was up to them to stand up and walk away
    I dunno, some women put their trust in 'professionals' (other people) and don't have faith in themselves which makes them vulnerable to opportunists who want to experiment with that person's hair at their expense. Really, as the following smilie depicts it should be a war between the longhair and hair villain!

The Last Hairbender Dreams_in_Pink's Avatar
    Length
    pob/Hip/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

I dunno, some women put their trust in 'professionals' (other people) and don't have faith in themselves which makes them vulnerable to opportunists who want to experiment with that person's hair at their expense. Really, as the following smilie depicts it should be a war between the longhair and hair villain!
    I had my hair chopped by stylists too, multiple times. ( ) I'm 20, and learnt my lesson now. Most women there are over 20, their hair was chopped before, but they do the same mistakes again and again. They're either too weak to go in a different way than the community around them OR they're too stupid to do the same mistakes every time.

I think people who're not strong enough deserve to lose one needs to do research and make the decisions themselves, other than trusting a single person's ideas. (and scissors LOL )

Chin /// Shoulder /// APL /// BSL ///Waist /// Hip /// BCL /// Tailbone /// Classic (final goal) /// All one length Classic

Length
    APL/Knee/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I just downloaded a translator thingy for firefox just to read that!

I do feel sorry for her because she says she took time to think about it and then went back. It wasn't a rash decision. And although that colour isn't bad it's not blonde!

What point is that photo from? I'd not call that a pixie.
    Finally at knee, with a new quest for thick ends!
    📸 Hairstagram

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Well, I can sympathize, as I once had to cut my hair to a pixie due to horrific bleach damage. I guess we all live and learn.

I suspect that a woman wouldn't enter a contest like that unless she was willing to take a risk, but that's just me.

Length
    APL/Knee/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by FrannyG View Post
    Well, I can sympathize, as I once had to cut my hair to a pixie due to horrific bleach damage. I guess we all live and learn.

I suspect that a woman wouldn't enter a contest like that unless she was willing to take a risk, but that's just me.
    I think the prize was just Tresemme products, not any styling. The person with the worst hair was the one who got the prize to try and revive it.

But that's only what I learned from a dodgy translation!
    Finally at knee, with a new quest for thick ends!
    📸 Hairstagram

Flying the friendly skies CrisDee's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

...I dunno, some women put their trust in 'professionals' (other people) and don't have faith in themselves which makes them vulnerable to opportunists who want to experiment with that person's hair at their expense...
    I often wonder if these women simply don't know that a resource like LHC exists - I know I didn't, unfortunately I didn't stumble across it until after I'd chopped my BSL hair to pixie. We'll hafta keep gettin the word out

RIP, Manatawny's Sterling Slam Dunk, call name Mutombo. 6/24/2001 - 6/24/2013. Best. Dog. Ever.

Length
    APL/MBL/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii/iii

pincbeck: As others have said, it's not about forced hair cuts, it's about "You worst hair day". They didn't get forced to do anything, and the site doesn't display any before pics... Just what their hair looks like right now.

enfys: The picture of the girl who won is right after she got home from the hair dresser and before she pixied it. I would have liked to see a before picture. It seems slightly odd to my, that hair can fall out in chunks and end up to look like this with no cutting. But I don't know - I don't have that much bleach experience.

And yes, the prize was som "wonder products" that could "repair" any damaged hair :P As if... But no styling included in the prize.

Edit: I just recommended longhaircommunity.com on the site... Perhaps we will get some new "hair converts"? At least we can try to spread the word!