Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Does 100% pure amla oil exist? Mineral free?

Length
    ??/36.5/53
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Does 100% pure amla oil exist? Mineral free?

We got our oil and are taking it daily!

Of course, my two friends, just about gagged the first time they tasted it. . .but they're toughening up and committed to the 30 day trial period. lol

I AM getting used to it. The new oil from Reliance does seem better quality than the first bottle I got from Ebay. I get a tiny bit of burning on the back of the throat. Not bad at all, kind of like ground black pepper maybe. The smell and the taste does remind me of seeds. Kind of yummy in a spicy way.

I am taking 1/2 teaspoon internally twice a day.

I use it as a scalp treatment. . .to prevent falling hairs, along with Brahmi Amla.

And I tried it last night as an asthma treatment. Can't say if it helped or not but I'll keep it up for a time.

And I use a little bit on my eyebrows and eyelashes. . .Brahmi Amla too. Dot a little under my eyes. . .later, rub any remainder on my whole face. Seems to be a good moisturizer but I am not sure how good it would be to use for an extended time. I mostly use it on my face at night before bed.

I am actually starting to love this oil! And that surprises me. It's not a good tasting oil but it does grow on you. I am thinking now that this is really wonderful for me.

But more time will tell. lol
    Last edited by gmdiaz; May 23rd, 2009 at 06:53 AM.

Length
    6/9/16
    Type
    1a/F/i

Thats nice to hear Gmdiaz.
    I am pretty sure it will help you. It is good for skin also. Today I had to go to a party and I took head bath after my hair is dry I applied this oil, so many ladies asked me some strange smell is comming what is that etc...I had to explain to them.

Nice that people are now accepting this.

Quote Originally Posted by gmdiaz View Post
    We got our oil and are taking it daily!

Of course, my two friends, just about gagged the first time they tasted it. . .but they're toughening up and committed to the 30 day trial period. lol

I AM getting used to it. The new oil from Reliance does seem better quality than the first bottle I got from Ebay. I get a tiny bit of burning on the back of the throat. Not bad at all, kind of like ground black pepper maybe. The smell and the taste does remind me of seeds. Kind of yummy in a spicy way.

I am taking 1/2 teaspoon internally twice a day.

I use it as a scalp treatment. . .to prevent falling hairs, along with Bahmi Amla.

And I tried it last night as an asthma treatment. Can't say if it helped or not but I'll keep it up for a time.

And I use a little bit on my eyebrows and eyelashes. . .Brahmi Amla too. Dot a little under my eyes. . .later, rub any remainder on my whole face. Seems to be a good moisturizer but I am not sure how good it would be to use for an extended time. I mostly use it on my face at night before bed.

I am actually starting to love this oil! And that surprises me. It's not a good tasting oil but it does grow on you. I am thinking now that this is really wonderful for me.

But more time will tell. lol

Length
    ??/36.5/53
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

The fragrance of this oil is odd and does not seem to fade. I would prefer that my hair smell like jasmine or roses, for instance. lol

I am only using this as a scalp treatment. . .pretty much everyday but hopefully, I can cut that down to a few days a week.

The Brahmi Amla smells odd too. . .but I think it smells wonderful, much better to me than the Kalonji.

On party days, I might go with jojoba and a rose petal spray or the Brahmi Amla. lol

Are you using soapnuts for washing? I am thinking that I am ready to try that next.

Length
    Pixie/APL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I don't understand the infusion process. My carrier oil of choice is sesame oil and I have amla powder and methi leaves that I mill into a powder. Why do I need to head the oil & powders (and how do I know if my oil is "ready"??), and will the powders dissolve? Do I need to restrain the oil after it has cooled down

Length
    6/9/16
    Type
    1a/F/i

You are right Gmdiaz, I should buy some fragrance oil. Even my kesavardhini is good choice to use when I go to party. I do like jasmine or rose both of them are very good. In India we get to buy jasmine flower everyday fresh and keep them in the head so that the odd smells goes away, here no chance of getting those.

Quote Originally Posted by gmdiaz View Post
    The fragrance of this oil is odd and does not seem to fade. I would prefer that my hair smell like jasmine or roses, for instance. lol

I am only using this as a scalp treatment. . .pretty much everyday but hopefully, I can cut that down to a few days a week.

The Brahmi Amla smells odd too. . .but I think it smells wonderful, much better to me than the Kalonji.

On party days, I might go with jojoba and a rose petal spray or the Brahmi Amla. lol

Are you using soapnuts for washing? I am thinking that I am ready to try that next.

Length
    6/9/16
    Type
    1a/F/i

Hi Retrokitchen,
    You can use these powders when the oil is warmed up, keep it in the warm for around 2 hrs. The color of the oil will change in to more darker, the powders will not disolve, you have to filter the oil with fine cotton cloth or cheese cloth, I use the paint filter form homedepot. Finally squeeze the oil thorugh the powder.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by RetroKitten View Post
    I don't understand the infusion process. My carrier oil of choice is sesame oil and I have amla powder and methi leaves that I mill into a powder. Why do I need to head the oil & powders (and how do I know if my oil is "ready"??), and will the powders dissolve? Do I need to restrain the oil after it has cooled down

Length
    Pixie/APL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Ok, so I heat the oil up - how do I know when to put the powders in?Should the oil be sizzling?
    After two hours the oil is infused with the powders and I can filter it, did I get it right?

Thank you for your help

Length
    6/9/16
    Type
    1a/F/i

I do not know the exact temperature to put the powders in, because I cook a lot I know when the oil is ready, after you put the oil in a pan and switched on the burner, after 5 mins you will see little bit smoke comes from the oil at that time you have to add the powder and simmer the stove immediately and keep it for 2 hrs on very very low flame or warm. So that slowly the extracts get into the oil. after 2 hrs when the oil is cold you can filter.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by RetroKitten View Post
    Ok, so I heat the oil up - how do I know when to put the powders in?Should the oil be sizzling?
    After two hours the oil is infused with the powders and I can filter it, did I get it right?

Thank you for your help

Length
    Pixie/APL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Yes,now I understand! I will do it and report back how it worked, but first I have to buy the ingredients!