Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: monistat?!?! should i try it

Length
    CHN/APL/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: monistat?!?! should i try it

Well I've been using it for 1 week, I don't know if it works well yet!

4.xx? Equate brand or Monistat?

My 3-day (4&#37 Monistat from WM is 13.57 or something, and the 7-day (2%) is around 10.xx. From the limited amount I read in the super long Monistat thread, some people did not see results with Equate that they did with Monistat, so I decided if I was going to put that much effort into it (takes 30-45 minutes to apply to my satisfaction) and wait so long for results (it still takes weeks or months to notice a difference) I was not going to risk it with off brand. Also, equate contains oil (mineral oil I think), and Monistat doesn't. If you wash it off right away (the next morning) I guess it wouldn't matter, but I CO a lot and I don't like to add mineral oil to it.
    Loving my curls and looking to grow as far as I can go.

Length
    Pixie/Waist/35"?
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Queen View Post
    How often do you do that? I haven't been using very long and so far I only do it every few days. I'm curious to try leaving it on overnight.
    Every other night. Or two nights in a row if you know you won't be able to do it for two nights after those nights. I don't do it when DBF is coming over, he buys it for me but wouldn't appreciate that haha.
    I only do it right before bed since it makes my hair greasy and it guarantees keeping it in for over 6 hours+
    _1b / F / i/ii__... Forever Growing _
    Chin SHL APL BSL Waist Hip BCL

Length
    Pixie/Waist/35"?
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I got my coconut oil at whole foods they have a huge tube of the spectrum one that a lot of people use. And I only use the monistat brand I wouldn't suggest going to the dollar store or using a generic. Someone on the monistat brand tried the dollar store one.

Also some people get headaches from it so if you are prone to migraines or have a sensitive scalp don't start with the 4% use the 2% and possibly dilute it. I use the 2% full strength and have no problems and I get migraines often so I'm happy about this.
    _1b / F / i/ii__... Forever Growing _
    Chin SHL APL BSL Waist Hip BCL

Length
    CHN/APL/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Oh I got a mild headache the first night I did it, but I haven't gotten one since. It was just a mild headache, not unbearable.
    Loving my curls and looking to grow as far as I can go.

Length
    27/40/57
    Type
    2b/M/C/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by vanillabones View Post
    Every other night. Or two nights in a row if you know you won't be able to do it for two nights after those nights. I don't do it when DBF is coming over, he buys it for me but wouldn't appreciate that haha.
    I only do it right before bed since it makes my hair greasy and it guarantees keeping it in for over 6 hours+
    Ah, thanks for that. Perhaps I should use a bit more often

Quote Originally Posted by misspriss View Post
    Well I've been using it for 1 week, I don't know if it works well yet!

4.xx? Equate brand or Monistat?

My 3-day (4%) Monistat from WM is 13.57 or something, and the 7-day (2%) is around 10.xx. From the limited amount I read in the super long Monistat thread, some people did not see results with Equate that they did with Monistat, so I decided if I was going to put that much effort into it (takes 30-45 minutes to apply to my satisfaction) and wait so long for results (it still takes weeks or months to notice a difference) I was not going to risk it with off brand. Also, equate contains oil (mineral oil I think), and Monistat doesn't. If you wash it off right away (the next morning) I guess it wouldn't matter, but I CO a lot and I don't like to add mineral oil to it.
    I have heard the same things on the main thread. So far, I don't really want to take a chance with the cheaper stuff either. Have any of you had good results with the equate?
    Waist - Hip - TBL - Classic - FTL (current) - Knee - Beyond...
    Last measure: August 13, 2016 - 40"

Length
    12in/APL/36 in
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

I get my coconut oil in the supplement isle at the pharmacy in walmart. Spring Valley organic extra virgin coconut oil, $10.

When I grow up, I want to be the crazy cat lady

I use the brand name and 4%. It costs a little more but it is the real deal for sure and if your Mom can get additional savings for you I say go for it.

Length
    19/hip/termi
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

I've used Mn off and on for 2 years now. The new hairs DON'T fall out. I apply it every 3 days. On my head, more often is just a waste of product. I use for 3 months then take a 1 month break.

Lately, it hasn't been working for me so I'm on a long break from Mn. I haven't used it for 2 months and I decided to start again today and see what happens.

Good luck!

Length
    Pixie/30.75/34HL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i

i'm going to try my routine for about 2 more months if i'm not getting the growth i want, i'll try monistat....

Length
    21/24/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

The generic has the same amount of miconazole nitrate (MN) which is the ingredient that is said to increase growth rate. Many people have reported results using generics and other brands of MN, and I have had good results with the equate brand. Though I have read that some people use brand name Monistat because other brands have different base ingredients that make their hair greasy.

Suicide's Eve has some really helpful youtube videos about MN on her blog.
    hoping for BSL by september!