Page 527 of 851 FirstFirst ... 27427477517525526527528529537577627 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,270 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

GRU with layers:

Can you say "TRIANGLE HEAD" boys and girls?

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Type
    3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    GRU with layers:

Oh man, Gru.....I'm sorry.
    I should have never cut my hair! Growing again.
    http://images43.fotki.com/v1329/photos/0/1803120/9931107/4512comp-vi.jpg

Length
    22APL/28WSL/Class
    Type
    3b/F/i

Yes, henna and cassia are both out, and I'm allergic to aloe so that's out too.

I was doing mostly conditioner with occasional shampooings to remove products for years before I went water-only. No matter what sort of shampoo I tried, it always dried my hair out way too much-- even if I used conditioner first-- so I would go out of my way to avoid it. I would go through two or three double-sized bottles of conditioner before I went through one smaller-sized bottle of shampoo, though, and that was standard for years. My hair can absorb a fair amount of oil, but being fine and thin "a fair amount" turns out to be about a nickel-sized dollop in my palm. Any more than that, and it gets kind of greasy. . . though it doesn't generally stay that way, so if I can be patient it will all be fine by the second day in most cases. I do put my hair back in a bun most days. It's tiny, of course, but it is very convenient. It doesn't help with the parts that have broken off since my egg/honey/oil debacle, though-- they're too short to reach, and quite random.

On my list of things in which I will invest just as soon as it becomes feasible:

Make a satin headcovering for sleeping, probably with a bit of velvet trim to keep it from sliding so much.

Buy a horn comb.

Cope with smaller ponytailers. I feel like I am constantly breaking hair because I have to wrap my ponytails three or four times to hold. Even over a bun, I have to wrap at least twice. Meh, meh I say! *heh*

Length
    22APL/28WSL/Class
    Type
    3b/F/i

Gru, the floof! That's exactly what mine does in layers! In fact, I'd be surprised if I didn't have some pictures of myself rocking that same triangular mess. *lol*

Capaciously Curly redcelticcurls's Avatar
    Length
    Some/Happy/N/A
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

GRU with layers:

Heh heh. That's what I do without layers.
    Coarse, porous curly. User of conventional dye and conventional products.
    Lady Coventina of the Sacred Spring in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by kitschy View Post
    Oh man, Gru.....I'm sorry.
    Thanks! Fortunately, this was about a dozen years ago, and I've since grown out my layers and my length! Unfortunately, I'm no longer that skinny!

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowHawk View Post
    Gru, the floof! That's exactly what mine does in layers! In fact, I'd be surprised if I didn't have some pictures of myself rocking that same triangular mess. *lol*
    Layers may work for some curly folks, but not all of us, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
    Heh heh. That's what I do without layers.
    Like I said above... we're all just a bit different, aren't we?

Type
    3a/M/C/ii

Thanks! Fortunately, this was about a dozen years ago, and I've since grown out my layers and my length! Unfortunately, I'm no longer that skinny!
    I think if you had the right layers and you didn't brush them and let your curls clump, your triangle head would have been greatly diminished.

Their are secrets to this wurly curly stuff. I don't think many of us knew them back in the 80's or 90's.
    I should have never cut my hair! Growing again.
    http://images43.fotki.com/v1329/photos/0/1803120/9931107/4512comp-vi.jpg

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by kitschy View Post
    I think if you had the right layers and you didn't brush them and let your curls clump, your triangle head would have been greatly diminished.

Their are secrets to this wurly curly stuff. I don't think many of us knew them back in the 80's or 90's.
    Really scary part? I hadn't brushed my hair in that picture....... it was just a really hot/humid day....

Length
    22APL/28WSL/Class
    Type
    3b/F/i

I don't know. I've never brushed my hair while curly in my entire life and I still had that kind of floof going on when it was layered. That could not grow out fast enough as far as I was concerned. *heh*

Length
    2in/43/42!
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

GRU with layers:

*Helpless giggles*

My mum actually permed her hair at one time to get that look. Ah.. the 80s..

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowHawk View Post
    Yes, henna and cassia are both out, and I'm allergic to aloe so that's out too.

I was doing mostly conditioner with occasional shampooings to remove products for years before I went water-only. No matter what sort of shampoo I tried, it always dried my hair out way too much-- even if I used conditioner first-- so I would go out of my way to avoid it. I would go through two or three double-sized bottles of conditioner before I went through one smaller-sized bottle of shampoo, though, and that was standard for years. My hair can absorb a fair amount of oil, but being fine and thin "a fair amount" turns out to be about a nickel-sized dollop in my palm. Any more than that, and it gets kind of greasy. . . though it doesn't generally stay that way, so if I can be patient it will all be fine by the second day in most cases. I do put my hair back in a bun most days. It's tiny, of course, but it is very convenient. It doesn't help with the parts that have broken off since my egg/honey/oil debacle, though-- they're too short to reach, and quite random.

On my list of things in which I will invest just as soon as it becomes feasible:

Make a satin headcovering for sleeping, probably with a bit of velvet trim to keep it from sliding so much.

Buy a horn comb.

Cope with smaller ponytailers. I feel like I am constantly breaking hair because I have to wrap my ponytails three or four times to hold. Even over a bun, I have to wrap at least twice. Meh, meh I say! *heh*
    Ohh.. you are difficult! I'm hoping someone more knowing comes along.. I'm still a bit of a newbie at this. Maybe protein treatments? I know they make protein filler stuff... maybe a synthetic version of henna would be ok?

I do the same thing with shampoo. For every one I buy, I buy two conditioners. Have you tried watering the shampoo down or using baby products?

As for small buns... they have their advantages. I have to take my hair down if I want to drive anywhere and not get a sore neck.
    Can you use spin pins, Amish bun pins, hair sticks or forks? I only use the metal free bands for braids these days because I was always pulling out hairs with them too. I know they make spin pins for thinner hair... and then there are claw clips. Most of those are IMOO, made for you thinner haired folk. The cloth covered hair band elastics are easier on the hair too. They aren't as fashionable anymore.. but they break less on me at least.

Oh, I need a horn comb too. I want one pick shaped with long tines so I can just leave it in my hair and never loose it.

As for satin/silk headcoverings... I picked up a few older silk shirts and a silk skirt for a grand total of 6 dollars and change from a thrift store. A little sewing.. and I've a few new lovelies.