Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Safe way to remove Manic Panic please?

Default Safe way to remove Manic Panic please?

Alright ladies, this is the deal. When my hair gets longer and healthier, I plan to henna it a nice, really dark rich brown color and just LEAVE IT THE HECK ALONE! But before that, I want to have fun with it.

When I was 17 I had chin-length magenta hair. It was AWESOME. Made my eyes stick out like you wouldn't believe. HOWEVER, it was a biznatch and a half((pardon my language)) to get out. Now i'm craving purple hair, but before I even think about applying it, i'm wondering if there's any safe harmless way to remove Manic Panic. I don't think i'll have purple hair all the time until I henna so just incase I want to remove it, I need a way to

Any ideas?

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Hmm. What are you putting it over? My experience was that when I put them over previously peroxided hair, "permanent" and "semi-permanent" tended to reverse roles. Permanent washed out immediately, and semi stayed forever.

ColorFix or ColorOops got them out, without much damage if any, but I wouldn't want to put myself through that unless necessary. They are also not supposed to work on semi, only on permanent, but they got the semi out for me regardless.

If you must do this I would MP a strand test first, then ColorFix/ColorOops it to see what it does.

But my real question, why not just henna it now?
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    pixie/22.5/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I think MP eventually fades, to be honest. It's not even as long-lasting as a semi-permanent. But dont take my word for it, maybe some other folks will come and chime in too.

Are you planning on bleaching again before you use it, or just putting purple over your natural colour? Purple would be dark enough to use over natural if you wanted to minimise damage.

I have bleached hair under my henna - maybe about half of my hair is bleached from the ends up, now, as I'm growing out my bleach damage. The henna has repaired some of the damage, but it will never be perfect. It's the one thing that puts me off bleaching and hennaing repeatedly to get bright red.

HTH.
    1" (03/13), 18" (05/14); 6yrs off LHC, pixied 10/17, now 22”
    Maybe goals: BSL 28, WL 36, TB 42, CL 50, Knee 62

Posterchild for Monistat
    Length
    1"/26"/waist
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

i used baby shampoo or dandruff shampoo they are what i used to really fade the color.

are you using it over colored or bleach hair?? it will hold it and you will more then likely have to do a "bleach cap" -mixed a small batch of bleach with shampoo/condish and apply for a few minutes, the shampoo acts as a buffer. you may have to do this a second time for stubborn color.

as for natural ideas i have none vinegar will make it stay in longer
    Makeup Tutorials for the brave and colorful
    View the Monistat Tutorial
    here
    My Hair Blog:
    http://suicideseve.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Loviatar View Post
    I think MP eventually fades, to be honest. It's not even as long-lasting as a semi-permanent. But dont take my word for it, maybe some other folks will come and chime in too.

Are you planning on bleaching again before you use it, or just putting purple over your natural colour? Purple would be dark enough to use over natural if you wanted to minimise damage.

I have bleached hair under my henna - maybe about half of my hair is bleached from the ends up, now, as I'm growing out my bleach damage. The henna has repaired some of the damage, but it will never be perfect. It's the one thing that puts me off bleaching and hennaing repeatedly to get bright red.

HTH.
    No, definitely not bleaching first. And it does fade but some patches cling desperately. My pink still stayed in parts in the back and such, it was very hard to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by suicides_eve View Post
    i used baby shampoo or dandruff shampoo they are what i used to really fade the color.

are you using it over colored or bleach hair?? it will hold it and you will more then likely have to do a "bleach cap" -mixed a small batch of bleach with shampoo/condish and apply for a few minutes, the shampoo acts as a buffer. you may have to do this a second time for stubborn color.

as for natural ideas i have none vinegar will make it stay in longer
    I'm doing it over colored hair, but I haven't colored in a veeeery long time...so I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Riot Crrl View Post
    Hmm. What are you putting it over? My experience was that when I put them over previously peroxided hair, "permanent" and "semi-permanent" tended to reverse roles. Permanent washed out immediately, and semi stayed forever.

ColorFix or ColorOops got them out, without much damage if any, but I wouldn't want to put myself through that unless necessary. They are also not supposed to work on semi, only on permanent, but they got the semi out for me regardless.

If you must do this I would MP a strand test first, then ColorFix/ColorOops it to see what it does.

I don't want to henna now because I still don't know enough about henna for one, and second I want to have fun with my hair first and make it look funky.

Quote Originally Posted by Riot Crrl View Post

Oh I forgot to ask, silly me xD What IS ColorFix/ColorOops? I've never heard of either of these and have no idea where i'd find them

Posterchild for Monistat
    Length
    1"/26"/waist
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

sally's has it i used color zap for pictures on what its dose check out http://www.colorzap.50megs.com
    Makeup Tutorials for the brave and colorful
    View the Monistat Tutorial
    here
    My Hair Blog:
    http://suicideseve.blogspot.com

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

As I understand it, Manic Panic is reasonably safe, and if your hair isn't bleached or porous, it's notorious for coming out quickly on its own. (Not the case for you?)

No personal experience, but I've heard of people removing haircolor by a series of heavy oil treatments (think olive oil). Less hair friendly are techniques like washing with a honey-baby shampoo mixture, but deep condition really well afterward.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!