Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Listerine for Scalp

Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Default Re: Listerine for Scalp

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Same here, just used Listerine on my scalp before washing and I'll update in a few days as to whether it helped or not.
    There seems to be less flaking and itchiness and so far my scalp is happy. I'll wait to see how long the effects last before using it again.

Thumbs up from me, at least so far.

By the way, I used 1-1.5 capfuls of undiluted Listerine and left it on my head for ~5 minutes.

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Thanks for bumping this Peter, I forgot to update!

Psoriasis is still angry and itchy, but certainly no worse than usual. I was coming down from a flare-up, and now it's about normal, so that could be the Listerine or just luck. I'm going to keep it up as a pre-wash scalp treatment and see what happens. I used it undiluted too, but stupidly I can't remember how much I used. I kept going until I'd gotten everything, but it certainly wasn't enough to make it drip or anything.

Length
    -/Shldr/-
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/iii

I would be up for this! The smell can't be worse than the pungent tarmac whiff of Capasal coal tar shampoo which my GP prescribed and which isn't wonderfully effective. In fact I ve had better results from using Panacea on the flaky scabby patches plus giving up conditioner. My hair would appreciate it if I could use conditioner stadium (yes I did always avoid the scalp but it was still affected)

© GRD, 3 March 2007

Length
    20APL/17”/More!
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

This is intriguing! I think I will try it on DH's horrible puffy, drany, itchy, scabby area at the back of his head. He has tried many things on it, even athlete's foot spray. So far the only thing that ever cleared it up was swimming in a chlorinated pool daily, which he doesn't have time for anymore. Will report back once we've tried it.

Length
    ?/48/55 ?
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Well scalp felt quite good for a number of days - then I forgot to use it the next CO wash. Not going to forget this time (tonight or tomorrow) because I think this is going to be a solution.

Fungal/Yeast conditions are a b*&ch to get rid of - anyone who ever had the toenail fungal problem can attest that you have to take oral meds for quite awhile to purge it from your system. Hubby had to do that round and it was a cure.

So it just stands to reason that a long term- possibly forever ongoing treatment is probably called for with the scalp issue too, especially since hair keeps a kind of mini-climate going on that impedes quick resolution. I bet bald guys don't have much of an issue with this.

Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    There seems to be less flaking and itchiness and so far my scalp is happy. I'll wait to see how long the effects last before using it again.

Thumbs up from me, at least so far.

By the way, I used 1-1.5 capfuls of undiluted Listerine and left it on my head for ~5 minutes.
    Used it last Tuesday then again this past Sunday, and I'm loving it. My scalp is almost never itchy and the flaking is noticeably reduced. Also, I know it's only been 1.5 weeks, but my hair seems to take a bit longer to get greasy. I can start washing 2x/week instead of 3x/week, which is great. I think I'm gonna keep using the Listerine once a week.

I'm really glad I saw this thread... it's so awesome to not have my scalp be itchy and flaky. Thanks for posting, Capybara!

Length
    chin/WST33/TB37
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Question Re: Listerine for Scalp

such an interesting thread!

you all are using the original one right? in the yellow bottle?

i'm seriously thinking about giving this a try.... i've been WO for 5 months now, and still have flakes, although not really much itching at all. doing honey treatments has helped a LOT with the flakes, but leaves a bit of residue. do you all think using listerine would help to remove the honey residue? its not like a TON of honey thats left in my hair r anything, but i do know that SOME gets let behind....
    “U hve ur way.I hve my way.As 4 the right way,the correct way,& the only way,it does not exist.”FriedrichNietzsche
    Chin::Shldr::APL:: BSL::::Wst:: Hip

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Like another poster, I always had good results from sea breeze for my scalp psoriasis. It's not as bad now as it used to be but when the seasons change my scalp flares up horrible, I always reach for Sea Breeze. Nice thread Maybe next time I'll try the Listerine!
    *Chin* - *Shoulder* - *APL* - *BSL* - *Waist*

Length
    2"/23"/TLBN
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

This is really interesting, never heard of using Listerine on the scalp. I have occasional scaly / itchy scalp, sometimes right around the hairline and nape of the neck. It's not like dandruff, just very itchy and drives me nuts... I wanted to try the ACV next time I wash, but Listerine?? Would never have thought of it. I'm thinking it's the alcohol in it that kills the bacteria causing the scales/dandruff/itchiness? Very encouraging to read that it's helping others. I think my scalp has improved quite a bit since I stopped using SLS poos, so since that is still kind of new for me, want to wait before using Listerine. Will stay tuned to this thread, thank you for posting.

Length
    15.5/29/35
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

It helps kill lice too. I have used it on my kids hair when they came home from school with lice. Drench them in the lice, put a shower cap on them, watch a disney movie, and voila... dead lice.