Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My son's hair...

Length
    shave/6 in/TB
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default My son's hair...

My son has been growing his hair for a while now. He hasn't wanted me to put it back as he thought that would look too girly. I've shown him pictures of the guys on here with their hair in different styles. Finally this morning, he relented and asked for it to be up, but he insisted on a black hair band! I also got to measure his pony circumference, thinking he'd have about four inches of hair. Ends up it's not much thicker than mine, which is so exciting for me because I've always loved his hair and now I find mine is not that much thinner than his!

He was excited that the pony showed off his blue tips that we did in his light blond hair with indigo several months ago.

I really hope kids don't make fun of him today, as you know how kids can be. He looks really nice like this and he's needed to have his hair pulled back out of his face.

LIFE is a JOURNEY and not a DESTINATION!

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Sarie, wow he has nice hair! How old is your son (make sure you bring lots of kid pictures to the meet on Saturday!!!)?

Love the blue ends!!!
    Last edited by Islandgrrl; March 17th, 2008 at 10:23 AM. Reason: oops...accidentally hit the post button!!!
    Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Wow; your son does have very nice hair. I love the color and the blue tips. I thought he had henna-ed. With that color, I'm glad he didn't.

Length
    shave/6 in/TB
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Islandgrrl, he's eight. I might be bringing them to the meet because oldest DD wants to meet everyone too. I was hoping she'd like to babysit for me! LOL If I can convince her, I'll bring lots of pics!

Spidermom, only my two girls henna. He had wanted black tips, but I was stupid and didn't henna his ends first. I love the blue color that it gave him. I wish my hair was blond so I could put in blue streaks!

All of my kids have different hair. It's amazing to see the variations that can occur from parents with two different hair types. DH has 1b/M/ii/iii hair. My oldest son was the luckiest recipient of 2c/m/c/iii hair!!! (not fair that the boy in the family who wants buzz cuts would have such nice hair!) My youngest boy (in the pic) has the softest hair in the family.

Length
    17/22/30
    Type
    3a/M/ii

I'm loving his hair! Every long-haired guy I've seen in person has very grungy, stringy looking hair... But your son's seems great! =)
    Lady Lirr of the Heart-Stirring Song in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Good for your son, and good for you SarieQ for encouraging him! He's got a good head of hair, and hopefully he'll want to keep it growing.

Regrowing to this length, and beyond.
    Lord Cocidius of the Midnight Path in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    shave/6 in/TB
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

He just came home from school. He said that some kids laughed and said he looked like a girl, but he has a personality to where he just doens't care what others think. Most kids, he said, were saying "Wow, look at his hair!" He plans to wear it up again tomorrow!

Shadow Walker, I'm so glad another long haired guy came in to give encouragement. I read what everyone posted to him and he was really happy that another guy had something to say too! Thank you!

Banned
    Length
    buzz/29.0/40
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

SarieQ - this is just so awesome! First off, he has beautiful hair and it looks so good long. Second, that you allow and encourage him to grow it long! Wish I had that as a child.
    I think there will be plenty of kids envious of it along with the teasers. I'm sure he'll see it's worth putting up with a bit of teasing to sport such wonderful locks.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

oh what beautiful hair, hope he grows it really long it will look fantastic
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    1 in/32 in/40?

Quote Originally Posted by SarieQ View Post
    He just came home from school. He said that some kids laughed and said he looked like a girl, but he has a personality to where he just doens't care what others think. Most kids, he said, were saying "Wow, look at his hair!" He plans to wear it up again tomorrow!
    Hey, thats cool that he plans to contiue to wear his hair how he likes. The kids that had negative comments were probably just jealous or just used to seeing him with his hair down. I remember the first time I wore my hair in a ponytail, everyone that knew me was taken by suprise a bit. I dont know what it was about it, but they knew how long my hair was...perhaps people just get used to seeing you a certain way and are not used to change. Ever since I have grown in confidence and now wear my hair how I want (braid/plait etc) and I get great comments. You can see how long my hair is in my avatar.

Well done