View Poll Results: Has anybody used honey to lighten their hair color?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have and like it.

48 33.33%
  • I have and did NOT like it.

9 6.25%
  • I have not but am interested.

52 36.11%
  • I have not but am NOT interested.

35 24.31%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anybody used honey to lighten your hair color?

Length
    29/33/more!
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Has anybody used honey to lighten your hair color?

I've been doing honey lightening treatments most weeks for the past couple of months. The results are subtle and natural looking. When I've got some results that will show up well in photos I'll post them in the honey thread (when someone shows me how to put pictures up! Still have no avatar...) I've taken a few "before" shots. It has seemed to me that the most noticeable colour change was on the older, blonder, more sundamaged parts rather than the darker hair nearer the roots that I was hoping to blend in, so I am now doing an SMT treatment from the ears down and honey (1 tablespoon with 6 of distilled water) on the rest. I separate the 2 treatments with a piece of cling film and put a swim hat over the lot for an hour or so with a towel wrapped around to catch the sticky drips!
    I find honey very conditioning and would use it in some way even if there was no lightening effect. Its not crunchy and I either use conditioner or water alone to rinse it off.

In my own little corner...in my own little world.
    Length
    Ears/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

I cringe at the thought of putting anything in my hair especially if it is a food item...only use actual shampoo & conditioner and styling products.

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Darian Moone View Post
    Usually you wouldn't use honey on it's own. You mix it with a non-cone conditioner, apply it to your hair and let it sit. It is not sticky at all and rinses out clean. You can leave it in for a short time and just receive the softening and moisturizing effects, or leave it in longer for very mild lightening.
    It's distilled water now, actually. The recipe has been modified a lot in the past year. xD;
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Raven69 View Post
    I cringe at the thought of putting anything in my hair especially if it is a food item...only use actual shampoo & conditioner and styling products.
    ...you REALLY haven't been here long, have you? xD
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Length
    neck/shldr/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/C/iii

I tried, but the kind of honey I have did not do anything for me.
    "Well, I’ve wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I’m happy to state I finally won out over it.”

Length
    shdlr/30.5/Hip
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

The only lightening that I have ever done with honey was to lighten henna that was too dark. I combined the honey with yogurt, deep conditioning treatments, and clarifying poos to pull some of the henna out before it oxidized. It worked! I am a copper head now instead of a burgandy head!
    Just keep growing....

Type
    2a/M/iii

I did it yesterday, and it did get lighter. I had a part of my hair that was a little darker than my ends, but now it's all the same color. Or close anyway Much better results than I had expected.
    Waiting for waist

Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I have done the old honey lightening with conditioner and the new one. Each one i did about 4 or 5 times. I find it hard to see results in my hair as i can go from blond to twany with different lights... but this time i can almost afirm that yes, there is lightening. It isnt easy with the water method but it seams to work better. About conditioning, the condition of my hair used to be great with conditioner, without although it doesnt damage the hair, it seams to be harder to take out the honey as it can easily dry in the hair and when its dry its difficult to take it out (only with shampoo or a lot of CO).
    Yes i would advice this method for those who wishes a lighter natural shade and a lot of pacience! :P
    .~~~. :*: Bárbara :*: .~~~.

Redophile / redophobe
    Length
    shdr/shdr/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEyes View Post
    I used it pre-henna to lighten my hair.

I did a treament practically every day, and the results were actually COMMENTED on. I went from black to golden brown in a period of weeks.
    WOW! So you're saying the combo of honey + henna gives you a golden color? Was it very reddish?

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Raven69 View Post
    I am quite the opposite, I would rather put something which is natural on my hair, like if ifs good enough to eat my thoughts are its good enough for my hair. I have used honey and still do, it conditions and puts highlights in my hair without the added stress that chemicals would do.
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip