Page 967 of 1496 FirstFirst ... 467867917957965966967968969977101710671467 ... LastLast
Results 9,661 to 9,670 of 14959

Thread: Buzz | Ear | Chin

Default Re: Any Super-Shorties Out There???

Newbie super shortie here!
    I had waist length hair, but had a love/hate relationship with it. It seemed to always get in the way, I was shedding, my kids were sick of finding my hair in their food LOL. For about 6 months I contemplated cutting it.. then one night after an emotional upset (anyone else take out their emotions on their hair?) I got up the next morning and went straight to a salon with a haircut in mind, and pictures in hand.
    But she screwed it up lol.. and the only "fix" I saw was cutting my hair to a short pixie. My longest pieces are like 2.5 inches, so still super short.

So far I don't plan to cut the mullet.. I have a baby mullet right now that I wear in pig tails, though they are so tiny I feel silly calling them pig tails.. I actually call them my antennas even though they're at the bottom of my head, not on top lol. I'm sure I look totally stupid but I don't care lol

If this link works you can see my antennas in the mirror.

http://xa8.xanga.com/963f9515c303028...o224782190.jpg

In hindsight I wish I didn't cut my hair. I didn't have bangs when I had long hair, and now I realize that I probably should've just gotten bangs and I would've been happier with my hair. But then part of me knows I wouldn't have realized what I got till it's gone so I guess this NEEDED to happen, otherwise I'd have long hair and I'd still be complaining about it. I'll never take you for granted again long hair! LOL

I'm not sure what my goals are.. other than trying to keep bangs. I like layered hair, which is why I'm keeping my mullet, I want to get to shoulder length then go from there, so I guess shoulder length is my current goal, which is probably at least a year away *sigh* But in the meantime I am going to try and enjoy each phase of the growing out process!

Ok, nice to meet everyone

Length
    5/11/MBL

seven77......welcome! Just went through a layer grow out...The best thing, I think, psychologically is to have a game plan....decide if you want it to stay layered, bangs, etc.,then work your length goals accordingly.
    I ,personally, want all one length for myself, no bangs. I have fine hair, and, I feel, having it all one length as it gets longer gives me the look of more volume ( Not when it was short). So, I worked on growing out the back of my hair, that was layered, to match the front of my hair, which was not.Now it is all one length, and I can now grow it and get less micro trims.

This whole process has given me a new perspective on cuts and hairdos. For me, it has been a bad experience to grow from a shaped, layered "do" to all one length. I went through a period where I looked horrible and felt depressed. For a period of 1-2 months, I was going through job interviews and orientation in the city wearing a wig, because my hair looked so bad! I had a mullet in the back, because I needed to wait until the front grew long enough to make the hair all one length. Again, for me, if I ever get the bug to cut my hair, it will not be layered! GOOD LUCK, and keep on posting......Since this is "THE THREAD" for short hair, we are in it for quite awhile!!

thank you for the welcome

I have thick hair.. well the diameter of each strand isn't so thick but I seem to have a dense amount, so anyways when my hair has been one length all around it's always so ... BIG lol.. I hate it.
    I need layers to keep it tame!
    I agree, if I had thin hair, I would definitely want one length/no layers!

I am interested to see how this growing out a mullet will look as it gets longer. Not many pics out there of people who kept their mullet while growing out their pixie so I'm not too sure.

About 8 years ago I grew out a pixie and from what I remember I kept the mullet, but darn the memories are fuzzy I'm not sure LOL. But I remember a time as it grew out I could finally get it into a pony tail and I would clip one of those pony tail extensions onto it- it actually looked pretty natural!

But anyways, I don't remember cutting it, but then.. I also don't remember having a mullet either just a tiny pony LOL So yeah, this will be interesting, I will take lots of pics of the process!

But one thing I learned, I like bangs (hate having hair on my face, but like the look).. I think my forehead has grown over the years LOL, I look back on my pics with my long hair with no bangs and wow my forehead looks huge, I never noticed before! lol

I'd rather be outside browneyedsusan's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Seven77, my plan is not to cut the mullet, either! (I have teenaged children, so we'll see how long it lasts...) I love your cute antennae! I don't have enough in back for that yet, but am pinning up my bangs--I'm growing them out.

This pixie growing is going to get much worse before it gets better, I think. We just have to wait a little bit.

henna keeps it
    red, and red makes me happy.
    Pixied for 15+ years and liked it.
    Growing for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by browneyedsusan View Post
    Seven77, my plan is not to cut the mullet, either! (I have teenaged children, so we'll see how long it lasts...) I love your cute antennae! I don't have enough in back for that yet, but am pinning up my bangs--I'm growing them out.

This pixie growing is going to get much worse before it gets better, I think. We just have to wait a little bit.
    Well I'm glad to have a mullet buddy on this journey lol

I also henna, yay!

Actually waiting on some to come in the mail this week...

Length
    Chin/Neck/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

OMG I want to shave my head! It is so hot, and it is only going to get hotter! What am I going to do when my hemline starts to move down my neck...?! It is way too muggy here, it's unbearable. How are you guys dealing with the heat, when you can't put your hair up? A half-up is NOT going to do it for me! T__T
    Miss my ponytail.
    Undercut~chin~midneck~shoulder~collarbone~APL~BSL~waist

Once and Future Long-Hair XcaliburGirl's Avatar
    Length
    23/27.5/CL 44
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Changling View Post
    OMG I want to shave my head! It is so hot, and it is only going to get hotter! What am I going to do when my hemline starts to move down my neck...?! It is way too muggy here, it's unbearable. How are you guys dealing with the heat, when you can't put your hair up? A half-up is NOT going to do it for me! T__T
    I'd say, doo braids, try pigtails, get a headband! A wide stretchy headband might work to get the back pieces off your neck, and you can ponystub the rest.
    I want to finally get back to Classic. Growing again starting March 2018.

Length
    14"/20"/Long!
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I have been a member here for a few years now, but last year I decided to cut it short from near-waist. I have enjoyed the short do, but I'm ready to grow again! Of corse I decide this right before summer...
    It is currently in a cut that is a little longer than pixie, but still barely ear-lobe. First goal is chin. Hopefully it won't take long.
    Nice to be back, and I see a lot of new people, and several 'old' members.
    I just ordered the Ovation Advanced Cell Therapy package. I have read some good things about it. If I don't like it, I can send it back - they have a 365 day return policy.

Nice to see you all, and here we go again!

Quote Originally Posted by Changling View Post
    If it is long enough you could do the 'caterpillar' ponytail. It's easy and cute and keeps the hair off your neck.
    :Laura

Length
    pixie/chin/term
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Kunoichi. Welcome back. I am interested in the caterpillar ponytail. Can you describe it for me? Thanks!

Finally at chin length!!!
    Lady Ithilethiel Of the Jessamine Winds, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Neck/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

it's not my neck that's hot (my hair doesn't even really touch my neck yet), it's my head! It's unbearable, I can literally feel the heat coming off my scalp with my hand like, three inches away. Parting it down the middle is slightly less awful, but the only thing that makes it bearable is getting it wet, and keeping it wet, and sitting in front of the fan. Obviously I can't do that for the 5 hours/day that it is so hot D: that's why I want to shave it so bad, I want to feel the wind on my scalp! All this hair feels like a wool hat.
    Miss my ponytail.
    Undercut~chin~midneck~shoulder~collarbone~APL~BSL~waist