Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Anyone else dislike protective styling?

Length
    23/30/hip
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Anyone else dislike protective styling?

I never wear my hair up! It looks so much better down!! And since I'm treating it well every other way I can I might as well wear it down whenever I want

Length
    2/26/~30
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

I like wearing it down sometimes but usually have it up or half-up at least because the front layers get in the way and drive me mad and the rest begin to live its own very wanton life after a few hours untamed If updos protect hait as well it's a benefit.
    And I actually find many updos show off the hair no less than keeping it down. And the process is very relaxing
    Last edited by milagro; January 13th, 2011 at 06:02 AM.

Hair is like cat. You can't really tame it, you just have to care and enjoy.

I only wear mine up when I need to... wind, exercise, cleaning... that's about it. And I've only starting wearing it up for cleaning recently because it's *finally* getting in my way! (YAY!) I keep a clip in my purse, but I'm looking for sticks now because the claw clips I'm using now aren't holding like I'd like and I'm worried about having to go too tight for comfort/damage reasons.

I just love my hair down and really don't feel like myself with it up.

Length
    18"/31"/60"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by halo_tightens View Post
    Absolutely you can!!! It's been discussed before-- chopsticks, and also those little cuticle sticks from manicure sets, for mini-buns.

Another way to get simple sticks for cheap is the everythingchopsticks.com website. They have sticks in a wide range of prices, including some for only a couple of dollars.

What an awesome site! Enabler that you are!!

I wear mine up 90% of the time.....I wear it down for 'occasions' at night. I got used to having it up and find that for my hair, anyway, it is far less damaged than wearing it down, not to mention the fact that it gets in my way if it's down when I am doing things.

I do love having it down and it's kind of a reward for me to see it there, knowing the care I put into it.
    Last edited by Gumball; January 20th, 2011 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Combined posts.
    Proudly renegray and growing on!!

Type
    2b/F/M/iii

I don't like tucking the ends, but up-dos are fine, specially messy or big ones!