Page 9 of 136 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Straight and Silky Thread

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: Do we have a straight hair thread?

Quote Originally Posted by babbleball View Post
    The same thing happens to me. I wouldn't call it a problem. I find it really interesting. The random crinkly strands fascinate me. I pluck (gasp!) the ones that are still attached to my head and marvel at them. Thank goodness my silvers are growing in smooth.
    It's not a problem for me either. I just notice when they shed. I pluck a hair every now and then but it always gives me the "fingernails on a chalkboard" feeling.

Length
    15"/15"/29
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: Straight and Silky Thread

Can I join if I'm strait and not yet silky?
    For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it.
    For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it.
    For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it. -Ivan Panin

Length
    <apl/hip/BCL
    Type
    1a/F/iii

Default Re: Do we have a straight hair thread?

Quote Originally Posted by winter_star View Post
    Another 1b here!

It's great to hear from so many others with the same hair type and problems. My hair is usually really slippery, doesn't hold a hair tie for long and if I curl my hair, there are no signs of a single curl after about 1 hour.
    Same here and I hate that! Sometimes I just want some curls but after half an hour they're all gone...

I also find some curly strands, they're different in colour too. But I'm just a mix up
    DUTCH or FLEMISH speaking?
    www.hairfairforum.be

Length
    22"/35"/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

"I am straight but not narrow" - one of my fav. quotes.

BTW, wht do people with curly hair always want straight hair and people with straight hair always want curly hair. My hair is so straight that it will not hold a perm...

Length
    1/class/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Thatīs a classic case of "greener grass on the other side of the fence"
    Thankfully my mother (also 1a hair but much finer than mine) got an 80s perm with horrific results when I was little. That definitely cured me from wanting to change my natural hair structure.

Length
    <apl/hip/BCL
    Type
    1a/F/iii

One of my neighbours also has straight hair like me and she always asks for a perm, but the thing is, you can barely see it So I don't get the point for ruining your hair if it hasn't any results
    DUTCH or FLEMISH speaking?
    www.hairfairforum.be

Length
    5"/Class/Class
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I have the crinkley, curly hair, too, but it's silver. After I shampoo all the silvers which are not yet at the hemline curl out from my browns to a goofy halo over all the straight stuff. It's wild. Yet once I sleep on them a night (or even take a nap) all that silver halo settles right back into sleekness, although I can still find individual hairs which are nuts. The GM guy (no longer there, I think) in Dallas said that's normal. Grey/silver hair is just like that.

In my tools for hair are some Good Hair Days hairpins which work pretty well for me. I can usually get a bun up with only 4 of them. I also keep Amish pins for other styles. Some inches ago I bought a France Luxe French twist comb which worked only for a few inches. Ultimately I gave it to a friend who is able to use it all the time. Honestly, probably my hardest working tools are the scrunchies. I'm waiting for the day when the elastic bands inside the covers all pop apart at once. I also use clips a lot but wish I could find a different size. Seems like they are either too large or too small.

How well do I know "having to comb every hour (or less)" and "carefully constructed curls falling out almost immediately".
    <a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/homekeepinggran/ChineseBun.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ChineseBun.jpg</a> But if a woman have long hair it is a glory to her. ~ I Cor. 11:15

Length
    12/46/knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

In my tools for hair are some Good Hair Days hairpins which work pretty well for me. I can usually get a bun up with only 4 of them.
    Memsahib, I almost always am able to get my buns to stay put with one, maybe two Good Days pins. I love them!

I like my hair now, but I used to perm the life out of it. So glad I am past that.

Slow day: Didn't have much to do, so spent three hours on LHC. Busy day: Managed to work in three hours of LHC. Bad day: Barely squeezed in three hours on LHC.

Length
    chin/BSL/WAIST
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

hello, this is my first post and I am so happy that I have discovered LHC. I have verry straight hair, APL, with many layers(hating the hairdresser ) and my goal is to reach BSL till fall. I hope that I won't get a crisis and cut it all out.

Length
    APL/NA/NA
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

I don't even bother to curl anymore, DBF isn't a fan and I'm too lazy, lol! The only thing that ever really "worked" (when I say worked, I mean, the curls were waves by the end of the day) was rag curls and ONLY if I let my hair get almost fully dry first.
    I am also a cone user. If I don't use them it's not a problem but, I like the sheen that I get and if my hair is going to be pin straight, then at least I have shine
    "Keep rosemary by your garden gate. Plant Lavender, for luck. And fall in love whenever you can."
    -Alice Hoffman "Practical Magic"