Page 865 of 1496 FirstFirst ... 3657658158558638648658668678759159651365 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,650 of 14959

Thread: Buzz | Ear | Chin

Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Default Re: Any Super-Shorties Out There???

oktobergoud, are you open to the idea of a silk bonnet? I change my pillowcase way to often to own just 1 or 2 silk pillowcases (I don't own any).

There might be a pillowcase here that you fancy: http://www.nextag.com/silk-pillowcase/compare-html (there's a variety of prices)

I bought my bonnet here, it's 100% silk, which breaths/doesn't get hot and it was only $18 and I think the shipping was $7 but I'm in Brazil so it might be cheaper for you.
    Lady Alvarie of the Enchanted Comb in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Honestly? Well no, I already know I'd never wear that bonnet! I get headaches very quickly and I guess it would just be too much hassle.. I'm a lazy bum, I'll admit it I like how they call it 'silk hair lingerie' hehe

But thanks for the suggestion anyway I'm not really interested in buying it online, because that always means shipping costs (specially if it's international shipping D: ) and I don't want to spend that much money on 'just' a pillow case. I have spent WAY too much money on my hair already.. I think of my 2012 resolutions is going to be 'not spending any money any more on hair products'. I think I have enough products for a year :P

Anyway, I might do some more research on the cotton satin and might buy those, they are available here and not too expensive

pixie. bob. chin length. shoulder. collarbone. APL. BSL. Waist?
    My hair journal! & My portfolio

Type
    2b/F/M/iii

I kinda wanted to get one of these. They are cotton and people say cotton isn't good for the hair. This would probably help smooth my hair a lot though, kinda like wrapping but without the around the head motion which annoys me.

My hair is on a cotton pillowcase for hours a day so I think it shouldn't be too damaging. They don't have an elastic across the forehead, which is good (no marks). (thinking...)
    Last edited by Lianna; December 9th, 2011 at 01:52 PM.

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

That looks nice!

And I found a Dutch site and ordered a satin pillowcase.. BUT I FORGOT TO DO ASK IF THEY WERE SILK -_- It didn't say a thing about silk on the website, but there are tons of pictures and they are all supershiny. I saw some cotton satin today and that was a bit shiny but not too much. The pillowcases are like crazy shiny.. so I guess it might be silk.. right? RIGHT? :P I sure hope so! Oh well, it wasn't ridiculous expensive (and shipping costs not that high) but still..

Sigh how could I forget? Oh well :P

Length
    Chin/Neck/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by oktobergoud View Post
    I don't want to spend that much money on 'just' a pillow case.
    This is me, too. I buy all my stuff used or at the discount store (I'm poor T__T ), so I really don't have much of a chance finding a silk pillowcase...but sometimes they get silk men's shirts at the thrift store, and they look like they would fit my pillow! XD I'd just have to modify it a bit...it would SO be worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by oktobergoud View Post
    That looks nice!

And I found a Dutch site and ordered a satin pillowcase.. BUT I FORGOT TO DO ASK IF THEY WERE SILK -_- It didn't say a thing about silk on the website, but there are tons of pictures and they are all supershiny. I saw some cotton satin today and that was a bit shiny but not too much. The pillowcases are like crazy shiny.. so I guess it might be silk.. right? RIGHT? :P I sure hope so! Oh well, it wasn't ridiculous expensive (and shipping costs not that high) but still..

Sigh how could I forget? Oh well :P
    It might be polyester but as long as it's got good slip, it should still be better than plain cotton, right?
    Miss my ponytail.
    Undercut~chin~midneck~shoulder~collarbone~APL~BSL~waist

Type
    1a/F/i

Super short pixie gal here! I have been reading the posts and you ladies have already given me great ideas. I will be ordering the satin pillowcase...maybe even the bonnet.

Oh and I love the Game of Thrones. Can't wait for season 2. Finishing up the second novel now.

Thanks for all the helpful information. I am trying to gain as much information as possible because I am truly committed to having long hair. I have always had short hair with the exception of about 5 years. Oh and I am 40 so I figure I better start sooner than later.

Super Psyched about having even a short bob to start with!

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Changling View Post
    This is me, too. I buy all my stuff used or at the discount store (I'm poor T__T ), so I really don't have much of a chance finding a silk pillowcase...but sometimes they get silk men's shirts at the thrift store, and they look like they would fit my pillow! XD I'd just have to modify it a bit...it would SO be worth it!

It might be polyester but as long as it's got good slip, it should still be better than plain cotton, right?

Aaah I hope not.. anyway I saw something on a review that said it was silk.. so I really hope it is silk. They probably just thought it was silk though lol. Anyway, I guess it's still better than plain cotton, yes! Although I might use a cotton in summer, otherwise it might get a bit sweaty :P

Type
    2b/F/M/iii

I think as long as the material is really smooth, any is fine in my opinion. And if you don't live in a hot, hot area you don't really need "real silk". The purpose is to not make your head too hot. I bought the cotton headcover thingy, we'll see, it was only $3 and I think it's worth a shot for me because my climate is really hot.

While I can use silk, cotton feels a lot cooler/fresher...and I think I need that. I use to make wraps with fabric swim caps, and my hair turned out very smooth then (but they were a tad too tight).

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by shesasmartass View Post
    Super short pixie gal here! I have been reading the posts and you ladies have already given me great ideas. I will be ordering the satin pillowcase...maybe even the bonnet.

Oh and I love the Game of Thrones. Can't wait for season 2. Finishing up the second novel now.

Thanks for all the helpful information. I am trying to gain as much information as possible because I am truly committed to having long hair. I have always had short hair with the exception of about 5 years. Oh and I am 40 so I figure I better start sooner than later.

Super Psyched about having even a short bob to start with!

WEEEEEEEEEEEELCOOOOOOOMEEEEE SUPERSHORTIE AND GOT FAN

Haha sorry extra enthusiastic for the Game Of Thrones love ;D Anyway, the second novel is nice, but the third is AMAZING! I'm going to re-read the books in the new year so I'll know EVERYTHING for the second season hehe.

Oh and I know what you mean with the short bob! So excited to have one as well, my hair hasn't been this long for.. 4 years maybe? Or longer?
    Last edited by oktobergoud; December 9th, 2011 at 04:08 PM.

Length
    EL/BSL/WL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Oktobergoud let me know how you find the one you ordered and could you give me a link?

I saw some satin ones in the hema but they were polyester, I sweat a lot at night so I definately want to avoid those...

I am also afraid of headaches with a bonnet, my head is quite big haha and if the elastic is too tight I will definately get one...
    Ear - Chin - *cut out layers* - SL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL
    Yarok low poo alternating with BodyShop Rainforest Shine CO - Rosemary/ACV rinse - Coconut oil once a week